St.johnstone A 11.1.14

norrie82

Of course it's relative. 8 from 50 is utter shit. I would be interested to know how many may have been of an 'end of season' variety where in many cases, players are already thinking about summer holidays.

It's a perfectly valid question.

As is how many losses we've had?

I agree but it's a balanced point to ask how many "meaningless" games, we've lost?

My point is they ALL count, whither people like it or not.

PS It's still shit, no matter if they were end of season games or not.

Edited by faraway saint

Wonder how many of our losses were "dead rubber" games?

A win's a win, if we'd lost these  games "against kids" it would still be used to hammer the manager, can't see how it's relative unless it's to detract from the 3 points or win gained?

At the start of the season friendly games were used as fuel against the manager, do they count?

However you look at it, there's more fuel against Danny than for. A win is indeed a win, sadly it's also usually rare and often lucky.

Wonder how many of our losses were "dead rubber" games?

A win's a win, if we'd lost these games "against kids" it would still be used to hammer the manager, can't see how it's relative unless it's to detract from the 3 points or win gained?

At the start of the season friendly games were used as fuel against the manager, do they count?

people can use stats to suit themselves, but we do need to face that we are a rotten team.

As is how many losses we've had?

I agree but it's a balanced point to ask how many "meaningless" games, we've lost?

My point is they ALL count, whither people like it or not.

Yes, they all earn you 3 points, but something like the 2-3 comeback win at Motherwell was a million times more important and more impressive than a final game of the season stroll at Kilmarnock... but both earned 3 points.

Realistically it's too late to bring in a new manager in time to let him assess the squad and then wheel & deal before the January window ends.

The only option I foresee this season is TnT taking over as a player-manager combo.

Is it only 3 & a bit months since Danny's last make or break game (against Hearts) - I've a feeling Thistle in a fortnight will be a biggie! Flush.gif

What arsehole said this prior to the Killie game?

It's gonna be a bumpy ride, but what's new?

e a couple of years left in them COYS!

What happens if TnT get in and fail? Where do two players who both have a couple of seasons service (if used wisely) to saints go if they step in, fail and then have to try and convince a new manager that they are right behind him?

Both should be welcome to throw their hats in the ring once a suitable period after their retiral as players has elapsed. Putting them in now will cause the kind of slump that the Tony Fitzpatrick appointment eventually led to.

Irrespective of the pedantry and hair splitting on here re wins and points gained against whosoever in past games........means hee haw

Fact of the matter is no one is surprised at our routine defeat today to ST Johnstone ffsake. That has to be a concern.

We are recently in particular devoid of stamina, strength , determination , attitude, and any gear changes required to alter the flow of games or dominate when you are on top. I hate to say it , but we really appear to lack a basic plan , I nearly said professionalism there.

IMO we are regressing and regressing badly...........

The management , board and team , need to get their heads together and plan to work then work the plan, otherwise it's a dice throw at season end.

Excuses are plentiful, but not unique to our club, however our continued failure to implement any form of consistency is cringeworthy and is a long term source of concern , IMO anyway.

Truly this is shaping up as a majorly dismally disappointing season.

Terrible performance today. I feel kind of helpless at the minute as a fan as I realise we're simply not good enough. No shots on goal until 91st min and really a game today that should have been 5 or 6 nil. I'm struggling to find anything positive at the minute. Steven Thompson can hold his head up as he tried his best but the teams is dreadful the management seem to have ran out of ideas. I still don't think we will be in playoff but I am now starting to think Danny won't be around next season. He has good players but doesn't know how to use them. That said the squad he assembled has been poor with his signings having nearly all returned to their parent clubs or been released. It's hard tonight to feel real anger and in a way I don't I just realised today that as things stand this isn't going to get much better. For me it's unacceptable to not have a shot on goal in 180 mins of football . Anyhow. Danny prob won't be sacked but in my opinion and I am there every week I think it is time to change as we simply are going nowhere in fact were back to where we were at the start do the season.

I think today shows us that we don't have anything like the "top 6 squad" we keep being told that we have. The reality is that we have a smallish budget for our league, with lots of young players who are generally punching above their weight, a smattering of hit and miss loan signings, a few players who could grace top 6 sides and a lot of average SPL players and a few who aren't SPL standard.

It only takes us to lose a few on form important players (McGinn, Kello, and McLean today) and we can go from looking like top 6 challengers and a similar standard to Dundee United to relegation play off candidates when the likes of Grainger are filling in out of position for a star like McGinn.

We can get by when we have one star performer like Teale out fora while but once the other injuries and suspensions kick in we have a thin squad.

Once we get a few results together again I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of Brady to see if he might offer more than Grainger does when he gets played in midfield.

Your on another planet. You will not be seeing anything of Brady as until we replace this useless manager then were going to be in a relegation battle. But hey it's ok cos your the type of guy that just accepts what is happening. I cannot believe Inverness, Motherwell, Ross county, Patrick , st.johnstone all have much better bigger budgets than ours? It's crap to suggest were incapable of having a good team and a good season. The managers league record in 2013 is absolutely horrendous and after watching that crap today can anyone say it's going to pan out ok?

Terrible performance today. I feel kind of helpless at the minute as a fan as I realise we're simply not good enough. No shots on goal until 91st min and really a game today that should have been 5 or 6 nil. I'm struggling to find anything positive at the minute. Steven Thompson can hold his head up as he tried his best but the teams is dreadful the management seem to have ran out of ideas. I still don't think we will be in playoff but I am now starting to think Danny won't be around next season. He has good players but doesn't know how to use them. That said the squad he assembled has been poor with his signings having nearly all returned to their parent clubs or been released. It's hard tonight to feel real anger and in a way I don't I just realised today that as things stand this isn't going to get much better. For me it's unacceptable to not have a shot on goal in 180 mins of football . Anyhow. Danny prob won't be sacked but in my opinion and I am there every week I think it is time to change as we simply are going nowhere in fact were back to where we were at the start do the season.

An attempt to show some restraint, didn't last long. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Your on another planet. You will not be seeing anything of Brady as until we replace this useless manager then were going to be in a relegation battle. But hey it's ok cos your the type of guy that just accepts what is happening. I cannot believe Inverness, Motherwell, Ross county, Patrick , st.johnstone all have much better bigger budgets than ours? It's crap to suggest were incapable of having a good team and a good season. The managers league record in 2013 is absolutely horrendous and after watching that crap today can anyone say it's going to pan out ok?

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Calm down Norrie, it's well known you have seen gloom and doom for a long time, your prerogative.

Like many others it's the incessant repetitive blame on our manager that, IMO, loses any credibility.

The manager has made mistakes, the BoD, seemingly, are very tight with funds, and the players, watching the performance today should be ashamed at times.

Add all that together and you get a club in turmoil. No sign of any improvement, not much for even the most positive "supporters" to grasp and the prospect of us getting dragged into a battle to avoid the play off place.

BUT this isn't a done deal that we WILL be there, much as some would love us to believe.

It's the, seemingly, desire to look at the worst case scenario all the time, the constant blame culture aimed at ONE man, that really takes the biscuit.

Also the increased voice of "supporters" when we lose and the opposite when we win, as rare as that is, that smacks of hypocrisy.

It's not life or death, it's a hobby/pastime and the level of narrow minded posts are truly astounding.

Edited by faraway saint

Like many others it's the incessant repetitive blame on our manager that, IMO, loses any credibility.

That's bollocks btw . The manager is to blame , just like back in the day when three St Mirren playing heroes were all bagged in the space of three years simply because they couldn't match the supporters expectations for the club , they had all done the business on the field but couldn't do it off it. The supporters let the then BOD know they were dissatisfied and the BOD acted in the supporters interests because they knew they were right. It's time for Danny to go , just as it was time for Smith to go less than a year after the cup win , the supporters still revel in the memories of '87 but none could give a monkeys about Smith a similar fate will befall Danny shortly , simply because we will support the club for life . Who cares who the manager is , it's the club we support !

I don't like posting about games that I wasn't at but I never held out much hope for us today, fair play to all the buds that went through to Perth today they are true die hards I absolutely hate that place cold and depressing. I am not on to to argue with anyone but I have seen nothing all season apart from a few fleeting spells in games that fill me with any confidence i did miss the home Dundee utd and Ross co first games tho. I do like Danny Lennon but I think if we are going to make a change of manager it has to be now but I do believe he has been hung out to dry by the board I don't understand how the squad is so painfully thin.

What happens if TnT get in and fail? Where do two players who both have a couple of seasons service (if used wisely) to saints go if they step in, fail and then have to try and convince a new manager that they are right behind him?

Both should be welcome to throw their hats in the ring once a suitable period after their retiral as players has elapsed. Putting them in now will cause the kind of slump that the Tony Fitzpatrick appointment eventually led to.

Who knows what will happen?

If circumstances lead to a change in manager before the end of the season I expect TnT will get the gig on a temporary basis for cost reasons.

I'd question whether Teale has another couple of seasons left as a player.

Can't comment directly on the game, as I wasn't there, but it seems that we have managed to negotiate a route straight back to the mire.

We appear to have seen the corner approaching, crapped ourselves that the bogeyman might be lurking round it, and scurried off back the way we came.

Just when you start to believe that Saints are moving in the right direction, a swift boot in the stones is administered to remind you how this really works.

Ach well, it is not as if we are not used to it.

Worst.... Game.... Ever!!!

Team were shite, Thomo needs rested, grainger needs let go, Newton needs to be centre mid or dropped (useless out wide), mcgowan needs a specific role as he hasn't kicked a ball in 6 weeks and the team lack a game plan.

I'm afraid (I say this with no prior agenda) the management need to be replaced. We have been going backwards all season!