St.johnstone A 11.1.14

norrie82

Your on another planet. You will not be seeing anything of Brady as until we replace this useless manager then were going to be in a relegation battle. But hey it's ok cos your the type of guy that just accepts what is happening. I cannot believe Inverness, Motherwell, Ross county, Patrick , st.johnstone all have much better bigger budgets than ours? It's crap to suggest were incapable of having a good team and a good season. The managers league record in 2013 is absolutely horrendous and after watching that crap today can anyone say it's going to pan out ok?

Have a chill pill or two Norrie. It is only a few weeks since you were defending Danny whilst basking in the glory of that home win over Dundee United is it not? 3 games later and you now want this "useless manager" removed. Have Danny's abilities and weaknesses changed much in the last fortnight? No! The main point I was making about a shocker of a performance was that it was not unexpected for me when we were without arguably our best 3 midfielders away from home against a side that have finished in the top 6 which has so far always eluded us. When our best players are all fit and in the starting XI and on form we are capable of playing Dundee United, Motherwell, Inverness, Ross County, Partick off the pitch. When one or two are out or off form we can get by. Yesterday we had McGinn, Teale and McLean missing and for me it has been 2 seasons since McGowan and Goodwin have been regularly excellent... we don't have a big enough or strong enough squad to cope with half the ideal starting XI being suspended, injured or off form.

I don't see it as a permanent state of doom. With a jail sentence avoided maybe McGowan will settle into better form? McGinn is back for the next game, Teale should be back in contention in a few weeks and a few weeks later we should have McLean back. Ross County will probably not keep on winning, we won't keep on losing, we may make some signings which improve us during this window - Campbell was always going to need time but has already scored 1 goal in 3 games.

I realise you think Motherwell are about the same size as us but they obviously can afford to offer players more money than we can (eg Sutton and Higdon) and have a bigger squad as well as a better paid squad than us. Over the last few seasons they've finished up in the European spots pretty consistently.

Have a chill pill or two Norrie. It is only a few weeks since you were defending Danny whilst basking in the glory of that home win over Dundee United is it not? 3 games later and you now want this "useless manager" removed. Have Danny's abilities and weaknesses changed much in the last fortnight? No! The main point I was making about a shocker of a performance was that it was not unexpected for me when we were without arguably our best 3 midfielders away from home against a side that have finished in the top 6 which has so far always eluded us. When our best players are all fit and in the starting XI and on form we are capable of playing Dundee United, Motherwell, Inverness, Ross County, Partick off the pitch. When one or two are out or off form we can get by. Yesterday we had McGinn, Teale and McLean missing and for me it has been 2 seasons since McGowan and Goodwin have been regularly excellent... we don't have a big enough or strong enough squad to cope with half the ideal starting XI being suspended, injured or off form.

I don't see it as a permanent state of doom. With a jail sentence avoided maybe McGowan will settle into better form? McGinn is back for the next game, Teale should be back in contention in a few weeks and a few weeks later we should have McLean back. Ross County will probably not keep on winning, we won't keep on losing, we may make some signings which improve us during this window - Campbell was always going to need time but has already scored 1 goal in 3 games.

I realise you think Motherwell are about the same size as us but they obviously can afford to offer players more money than we can (eg Sutton and Higdon) and have a bigger squad as well as a better paid squad than us. Over the last few seasons they've finished up in the European spots pretty consistently.

motherwell have been almost consistently above us in the league in the past 30 years and in that time, have also had avg attendances larger than our. They also have a bigger stadium = they are a bigger club.

Radio yesterday was reporting that last season, Ojama was only on £300 a week!

motherwell have been almost consistently above us in the league in the past 30 years and in that time, have also had avg attendances larger than our. They also have a bigger stadium = they are a bigger club.

Kilmarnock have an 18,000 capacity white elephant. Does this mean they are a bigger club?

Having watched the highlights, I take my hat off to anyone who sat through that. It looked as bad as the Dundee United thrashing.

Glad I decided on Saturday morning not to go. £30 saved and a bottle of Peroni red cracked open by 6.00 p.m.

On the plus side, I watched Thistle V's County.

They look equally as bad as us. It was like watching two pub teams when they were trying to defend.

kimarnock - 1.larger average crowds, 2.bigger turnover, 3.larger stadium = bigger club. Some of our fans are pretty deluded as to how big a club we are.

1.Not this season.

2. Bigger overheads /outgoings ( also remember that approx £2 million of the t/o comes from the hotel & leisure operation & long term non & low interest loans from two directors soften the financial burden )

3.definately more empty seats, & a ridiculously small Tunnel !!

& 4. Still, despite years of cut backs.......Bigger debt !

I do agree though that potentially when better run,they are a bigger club. So much depends on whether Rankers are playing at home !!

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Just watched the highlights.

While they were a fair reflection and we were soundly humped, I'm curious why they chose to ignore McGowan's chance at the end of the first half when it was still 0-0?

Most Buds there wouldn't have seen it properly as it was the opposite end of the pitch but I wad behind the goal and it can't have been more than a foot past.

That said, we were shite and Goodwin is a liability - not because he did anything particularly wrong but because the Fakes knew if they threw themselves down every time he was near, he'd eventually be booked and - they hoped - sent off. For example, the 2 'fouls' shortly after his booking were clear over-reactions. I'm afraid the actions of certain managers, teams and pundits could hound our skipper out the game.

kimarnock - larger average crowds, bigger turnover, larger stadium = bigger club. Some of our fans are pretty deluded as to how big a club we are.

Not this season they don't. Also several millions in debt must be a crippling problem. Your talking crap Barney

Edited by norrie82

kimarnock - larger average crowds, bigger turnover, larger stadium = bigger club. Some of our fans are pretty deluded as to how big a club we are.

Their stadium may be larger than ours, but Michelle Mcamanus is larger than Beyonce.

Killie's stadium is a dilapidated, crumbling, unsafe mess.

On average it has 14,000 EMPTY seats every home game.

IMO St Mirren Park >>> Rugby Park.

Probably more of a subject for GD forum but here's my tuppenceworth - Killie & Motherwell aren't bigger clubs in the sense of having a larger fanbase, the difference in average crowds is due to being able to accommodate more OF fans and generally doing better than us in the league.

Both clubs have generally finished above us in the SP(F)L due to being longer established in the top division, easier

to understand with Motherwell, who finish above us, get more place money, have a bigger budget and therefore (once again) finish above us - will the circle be unbroken?

Again this is more of a GD complaint but it is a touch depressing that yet again not only will we not make the Top Six but we're pretty much out of the running already in mid-January - time for a song...................

What a dire display- seen nothing quite as bad this season as that game, although Thomo can be faulted on his effort- despite have little service from the rest of the team. If we keep this up we can forget about staying up. And 2 things I dont want- 1) Danny to say there where 'positives' to take from the game (only only getting beaten 2-0 nil is classed as good) and 2) That bloody awful dayglo yellow third kit, we havent played a single good game wearing it, maybe the glare is hurting the players eyes, they cant see the ball?

Just praying we improve soon

What a dire display- seen nothing quite as bad this season as that game, although Thomo can be faulted on his effort- despite have little service from the rest of the team. If we keep this up we can forget about staying up. And 2 things I dont want- 1) Danny to say there where 'positives' to take from the game (only only getting beaten 2-0 nil is classed as good) and 2) That bloody awful dayglo yellow third kit, we havent played a single good game wearing it, maybe the glare is hurting the players eyes, they cant see the ball?

Just praying we improve soon

Did you need to walk back from Perth? whistling.gif

Just watched the highlights.While they were a fair reflection and we were soundly humped, I'm curious why they chose to ignore McGowan's chance at the end of the first half when it was still 0-0?Most Buds there wouldn't have seen it properly as it was the opposite end of the pitch but I wad behind the goal and it can't have been more than a foot past.That said, we were shite and Goodwin is a liability - not because he did anything particularly wrong but because the Fakes knew if they threw themselves down every time he was near, he'd eventually be booked and - they hoped - sent off. For example, the 2 'fouls' shortly after his booking were clear over-reactions. I'm afraid the actions of certain managers, teams and pundits could hound our skipper out the game.

I sometimes wonder if they're trying to make us look even worse than we are (although admittedly we are pretty sh*te at the moment). For instance, the Beeb's stats said we had no shots on target, despite their keeper making a double save from big Bahookie near the end. Do they not count as 'on target'?