Holiday Recommendations

Herbie

Shull would agree he has gone on many a cruise to Millport. Where many go on bike rides round the island.

Love Cumbrae, prefer walking round the island to cycling. If you ever take the car over, drive up to the middle of the island and park at the highest point - the Glaid Stane. The 360 degree view on a clear day is stunning. Scotland really is a braw' place... If the weather plays ball.

Love Cumbrae, prefer walking round the island to cycling. If you ever take the car over, drive up to the middle of the island and park at the highest point - the Glaid Stane. The 360 degree view on a clear day is stunning. Scotland really is a braw' place... If the weather plays ball.

It can be rather dangerous, I've seen a crocodile on the beach and mums and dads letting their kids play with it.

It wasnt a holiday I went on, but went to rheims for work twice had a couple off nights out in the town ( only at night mind you). What a night good bars folk freindly and it looked like a good place to holiday with its big castle walls and lots off other nice buildings, but suppose thats what most off France is like.

Cycled up there the last time l had the bike over , just to get a decent hill to climb. Aye , there is a great view to be had - take a camera. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Thanks for all the help guys. After careful consideration, we decided that sitting on our arses getting sunburnt was the order of the day, and so Rhodes it is.

We may have picked Greenock, but I heard Gary O'Connor is there now so it will be infested with dealers.

Austria was very tempting, but having spent 4 weeks last year traipsing around Australia, a more lazy holiday is definitely needed. We will be looking at this for next year though :-)

Cheers for the links Southside Saint. Saved us a lot of pain searching around and the Trip Advisor reviews for the hotel in Kalithea were excellent, so this is where we're off to. It definitely seems to tick all the boxes we were looking for.

If I see any OF tops around, I'll send you all a picture of them. The wearers will be floating face down in the pool.......

Good choice Herbie - I love Lanzarote for a winter break, but Rhodes beats everywhere I've been as a beautiful island.

Be sure to check out Lindos on the south west side of the island - 2 beautiful beaches, and no cars are allowed in the town (and they wouldn't fit anyway as it's all wee twisty streets). Check out the castle and old town in Rhodes town too.

They local bus service is good and you can easily get from one end of the island to the other.

I've never been to Faliraki, but I'd probably skip that!

By the way. I've been to Lindos as well wink.png

Here's a link to a sunny pic of a fitba grun, there,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ffphotos/6017597440/

...from the Flickr sets of WFB, a Buddie who is a great picture taker - check out not only the rest of his Rhodos pix but the shoal of Paisley and St Mirren ones, too.

WFB possibly posts on here wi a different monicker.

doubleyourmoney4.jpg

By the way. I've been to Lindos as well wink.png

Here's a link to a sunny pic of a fitba grun, there,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ffphotos/6017597440/

...from the Flickr sets of WFB, a Buddie who is a great picture taker - check out not only the rest of his Rhodos pix but the shoal of Paisley and St Mirren ones, too.

WFB possibly posts on here wi a different monicker.

Aha... Can't really see much of Lindos there, but Sir Anthony Quinn Bay in the foreground, with the Bay of Navarone (yep, THAT Navarone)in the background... if i'm not mistaken..... Great Island...

Edited by Vambo57