Lee Mair To Dundee ?

Murray7

Guest somner9

Local paper in Dundee claims that Bomber Brown is trying to sign Lee Mair for Dundee.

again?

he didn't want to miss out on his wage difference the last time, maybes bomber's got a wee bit more to throw away noo?

Exactly what we need more players out with no players on the horizon.

Even if you mean this sarcastically I'll agree with your post at face value. Its been clear since Mair lost his place in the team 12 months ago that he is no longer in DL's plans and not getting a game in the 2nd half of last season, and be asked to find another club in the summer and then not getting a game this season underlines this. Mair is on the kind of deal where he plays x games and automatically gets a 1 year extension. It is now clear that no matter what happens he will not get anywhere near his x games... which means we have a high earner who is guaranteed to almost never be used.

I'd rather pay nothing to no one to do nothing than keep on paying Lee Mair to train but never play.

Also, in yesterday's game, if DL had brought on young Thomas Reilly to play out of position at sweeper and steady the ship against Celtic Reilly couldn't have ballsed up that brief any more than Lee Mair did when he was asked to do the same job in his natural position and as one of the best paid players at the club.

Even if you mean this sarcastically I'll agree with your post at face value. Its been clear since Mair lost his place in the team 12 months ago that he is no longer in DL's plans and not getting a game in the 2nd half of last season, and be asked to find another club in the summer and then not getting a game this season underlines this. Mair is on the kind of deal where he plays x games and automatically gets a 1 year extension. It is now clear that no matter what happens he will not get anywhere near his x games... which means we have a high earner who is guaranteed to almost never be used.

I'd rather pay nothing to no one to do nothing than keep on paying Lee Mair to train but never play.

Also, in yesterday's game, if DL had brought on young Thomas Reilly to play out of position at sweeper and steady the ship against Celtic Reilly couldn't have ballsed up that brief any more than Lee Mair did when he was asked to do the same job in his natural position and as one of the best paid players at the club.

I agree he has to go, however Imrie, Carey, Dummet, Parkin, Isma, Guy, Samson all left without finding replacements. We could lose Newton soon.

I was convinced we would get players in during the summer and almost all were duds and we've been left with a much depleted squad that needs strengtened. I would have thought we would be better making sure we get players in before releasing any others. We desperately need players I am concerned we don't get any in.

Edited by Kendo

He has been over the seasons, yes, no worse and no better than any other defender at the club,

Thats hardly high praise.

Hes seems a good guy, but it would be good to try and get a better, more dominant CH in. Dont think DL has signed any CHs since his first seaso when he signed cheesy and McGregor.

I agree he has to go, however Imrie, Carey, Dummet, Parkin, Isma, Guy, Samson all left without finding replacements. We could lose Newton soon.

I was convinced we would get players in during the summer and almost all were duds and we've been left with a much depleted squad that needs strengtened. I would have thought we would be better making sure we get players in before releasing any others. We desperately need players I am concerned we don't get any in.

Dummett's loan was up, Isma's loan was up, Carey's contract was up, Samson's contract was up.

Grainger was one of our first signings = replacement for Dummett - which now looks superflous given Kelly's form.

Harkins was our first signing and in terms of starts and contribution / effectiveness = replacement for Carey + Imrie!

Dillo had trained with us last season and was probably a GK possibility by the time we knew Samson wasn't re-signing.

Parkin and Guy didn't contribute all that much except being available to come on when Thommo was tired or replace him oncehis booking for dissent had reached suspension levels.