John Mcginn

Have to agree, he's a fantastic player and is only going to get better, hope we can do what United done with Gauld and get him signed up on a longer deal so we can atleast demand a decent fee. If Gauld is worth 4 million then so is John McGinn.

If everyone applied themselves as well as John McGinn we wouldn't lose 4-0 to anyone. John McGinn is currently the best talent we have at the club. A far better talent than Stephen and he was decent wee player too. Several Celtic fans at work mentioned how well he played yesterday. He is a joy to watch and long may he play for the buddies.

I'm sure we could agree a deal with him for a longer term as long as we added in a condition for him that if a bigger club comes and offers X amount, we will let him go.  

agree if we can't arrange something similar to what Hamilton arranged with McCarthey then we are doing something very wrong.

I'm very surprised that he has not been tied up for longer as he is having a great season . He has tremendous upper body strength never gets pushed off the ball and is not afraid to go in where it hurts I just wish some of the other young ones showed the same heart as him. Met him a couple of times nice young guy with his feet firmly on the ground.

McGinn has been outstanding this season, got a bit more dig and a clever footballer. Pity we let his brother go to Dumbarton, my mate is a season ticket holder there says he has been a stand out all season.

We didn't let him go. Paul opted not to sign on for Saints (he was offered a contract) as he wanted to play regularly, so thought Dumbarton would be a better bet. Some on here suggested he had no ambition in taking this option. On the contrary, I think it demonstrated genuine ambition to develop his game and progress his career in the right way.

We didn't let him go.  Paul opted not to sign on for Saints (he was offered a contract) as he wanted to play regularly, so thought Dumbarton would be a better bet.  Some on here suggested he had no ambition in taking this option.  On the contrary, I think it demonstrated genuine ambition to develop his game and progress his career in the right way.

does anyone know if he was more highly rated than Naismith when he was here? Ie could he have turned his back on the chance the Jason has grabbed with both hands or would he be kicking his heals still watching Naismith playing at right back?

does anyone know if he was more highly rated than Naismith when he was here? Ie could he have turned his back on the chance the Jason has grabbed with both hands or would he be kicking his heals still watching Naismith playing at right back?

Paul didn't come through the ranks (I think he had been at Queens Park), so perhaps Jason would have got the nod as more had been invested in his development and the coaching staff knew more about him.

Who knows. I think the lad is due credit for opting not to accept our offer, though. It would have been easy to stick with the SPL team, only to languish on the bench. That said, he might have broken through to the 1st team.

Edited by Drew

We didn't let him go. Paul opted not to sign on for Saints (he was offered a contract) as he wanted to play regularly, so thought Dumbarton would be a better bet. Some on here suggested he had no ambition in taking this option. On the contrary, I think it demonstrated genuine ambition to develop his game and progress his career in the right way.

I think Paul also graduated from Uni. Moving to Dumbarton, I would assume, allow him to progress in a career outside football and still play at a reasonable level.