The Virtual West Bank

Bud the Baker

Q. - Are we representative of Saints fans as a whole, or are we a bunch of dickheads who should be trying to find more constructive things to do - or possibly even both?

A. - Don't know & sadly yes.

Div used to occasionally provide details of number of users, posts and total site hits (there's always a lot of guests - 256 in the past hour, are these Saints fans who don't want to be part of the bear pit cool.png , or fans of other clubs here for a nose about - probably a mixture of both) for the previous month.

Perhaps someone could provide details about the number of season ticket holders and general attendance. From the thread Div ran last season we know our SPL Average Home Gate was 4389 with an average St.Mirren support of 3555 and an average away support of 834

PS - No criticism of Div is intended as I know he'll have more productive things to do with his time but it'd be nice to know the details

C'mon guys (of both genders) give us yer opinions, you know you've nothing better to do.spudnikconfounded.gif

Q. - Are we representative of Saints fans as a whole, or are we a bunch of dickheads who should be trying to find more constructive things to do - or possibly even both?

Div used to occasionally provide details of number of users, posts and total site hits (there's always a lot of guests - 256 in the past hour, are these Saints fans who don't want to be part of the bear pit cool.png , or fans of other clubs here for a nose about - probably a mixture of both) for the previous month.

Perhaps someone could provide details about the number of season ticket holders and general attendance. From the thread Div ran last season we know our SPL Average Home Gate was 4389 with an average St.Mirren support of 3555 and an average away support of 834

PS - No criticism of Div is intended as I know he'll have more productive things to do with his time but it'd be nice to know the details

C'mon guys (of both genders) give us yer opinions, you know you've nothing better to do.spudnikconfounded.gif

We are a shower of arseholes, but mean well, for the most part.

We are a shower of arseholes, but mean well, for the most part.

There are quite a few pedants and nit-pickers too. They make pointless posts and ask stupid questions that take some decent threads off on tangents.

BTW, would a "shower of arseholes" hurt ? Certainly wouldn't get create any lather IMO.

There are quite a few pedants and nit-pickers too. They make pointless posts and ask stupid questions that take some decent threads off on tangents.

BTW, would a "shower of arseholes" hurt ? Certainly wouldn't get create any lather IMO.

I can't imagine it would hurt, but it might tickle in a somewhat unpleasant manner.

ETA: we are in dangerous territory here, I fear. Technically speaking, an arseHOLE doesn't exist, as it is a hole, and therefore consists of nothing (other than air, or another more noxious gas). If you ask me, it is all just a pile of pish.

Off topic?

Edited by Drew

Are we representative of Saints fans as a whole, or are we a bunch of dickheads who should be trying to find more constructive things to do - or possibly even both?

A/ No though to me you have come up with an acurate descripiton of Faraway Saint our armchair I don't go to any games fan.

I'll accept all of the above as compliments. holiday.gif

Isn't soap traditionally the Sodium salt of a try-glyceride (Glycerol + 3 Fatty Acids) - I'll bet there's a lot of lardy-asses post on here.

Oh & if my somewhat dated knowledge is correct some manufacturers of soap add sugar to make it lather more.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em! lol.gif

I'm a reactionary, moaning faced, hard-to-please, quick-to-criticise, bleating, pain-in-the-arse Paisley bawbag.

Pretty much par for the course, Guilty as charged m'lud.

Now, Gie's a fcukin' signing or get tae' fcuk Lennon, Gilmour, Caldwell, Craig, Longwell, Goodwin, Paeslack, MacPherson, Bone, Hendrie.....

Who is Tony?

Also why are you quoting my posts? You said you had me on "ignore". bangin.gif

P.S. Thanks for the PM you sent me welcoming me back saying you were worried about me when I was away and you were glad I came back. lol.gif I don't know why you told me you would leave me alone because you had found your "next victim" called Peter though.

Oh dear Tony, making things up already. 1eye.gif

Next move, troll up some old cracking threads.........................bangin.gif

Edited, "Liking" some cracking posts in cracking old threads, oh dear, madness doesn't come itself. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Yet another poor attempt.

You've become deluded. I have only ever known one person in my life called Peter who was in my year at school and I've never seen him since. Apart from you and Shull I don't know anyone else's real names on here and I know that you two aren't called Peter so basically you're the one making yourself look like a "dick" as you call it.rolleyes.gif

Now thats not strictly true is it me old mucker ? You know me & more importantly i know you and in the spirit of the great name reveal saga going on in another thread, i may be tempted to let it slip.

You've become deluded. I have only ever known one person in my life called Peter who was in my year at school and I've never seen him since. Apart from you and Shull I don't know anyone else's real names on here and I know that you two aren't called Peter so basically you're the one making yourself look like a "dick" as you call it.rolleyes.gif

Now thats not strictly true is it me old mucker ? You know me & more importantly i know you and in the spirit of the great name reveal saga going on in another thread, i may be tempted to let it slip.

They say that's the first sign of madness you know maxi... talking to yourself...1eye.gif

Nice attempt evading the question. 1eye.gif

Can you show this PM? bye1.gif

I didn't avoid anything. You on the other hand are avoiding the fact that I don't know anyone called Peter at present. As for proof of PMs, it is up to you to prove that you haven't sent me any as you are well known and have a reputation for sending members of this forum PMs left, right and centre. No smoke without fire and all that. May I suggest you toddle off before you make an even bigger fool of yourself than you have already?

No PM's = Max is a fool. 1eye.gif

Hilarious. lol.gif

The crowd figures are still updated every week, these are published on the homepage.

Last seasons home average was 4389 with an average away support of 834 and an average Saints support of 3555

This season to date, including Sunday's game, the average home gate is 4465 with an average away support of 1002 and an average Saints support of 3463

Our average away support last season was 516, this season it is currently at 684

As for the site, I think it does carry some indication of how the support is generally feeling, but each and every fan has his or her own viewpoint on everything, there are seldom times when everyone agrees.

One thing I would say is that there are plenty of people at the club who read it regularly.

As I have said before, this forum is no different to any forum in any sport, anywhere. I obviously lurk here, on the feeshal' forum and P&B, plus the NFL UK and Denver Broncos forums. In the case of the NFL UK forum, there's healthy discussion about the Wembley games - of which there are three next season, and it is an unbelievably good time to be a British NFL fan.... Moan, moan, moan... Not happy about one game kicking off early, not happy about the ticket arrangements, not happy about all games being in London, not happy about the grass being green and the sky being blue, not happy that night follows day... You get the idea.

On the Broncos forum - we are steamrollering opponents, setting all sorts of records and have the best Broncos team since 1998... Moan, moan moan, you get the idea!

Another thing I've said before is that I've been a Saints fan since 1977, but having worked in Falkirk for a five year period and had Falkirk FC as a client and been given tickets for some games there - I have never, and I mean NEVER, have sat amongst such a group of complete and utterly vicious boo boys in all my days. The verbal abuse that mob gave to their own players was sustained, personal, and completely OTT. I witnessed fan-on-fan verbal fights on a regular basis, and other fans dragging a mate out the stands to avoid actual fisticuffs in their main stand before the polis' came over.

Made 'Cheesy bashing' look like playground stuff. If players and staff read this forum regularly, pretty sure they'll use a filter in their brain to ignore the OTT ranting and raving bollocks and see the forum for what it is. If they don't then all they need do is have a read at any fan forum for any team in any league, in any sport... I'd recommend a Manchester United one at the moment!

Hmmmm, I like the place.............

For me it gives a strong sense of the mood music around the club, the fans and the expectations generally. Clearlty we express quite a varied view on what where and when as a team we should be in league placings and what constitues success and achievement for St Mirren.................ah the banter 1eye.gif

Personally fwiw thumbup2.gif I'd like to see us win three league matches back to back. That for me would be success and demonstrate some consistancy, some proof that we are strong enough and consistent, but no, it still seems too much of an ask for us, that is the disappointment behind our currently lengthy stay in the Top Division. Yet despite this we are still an aspirational yo yo club, cannae crack the SPFL with any rigour and suibstance at all.

I am however quite disappointed in the conduct of several posters in the wi ye thread. They do not play by the rules and I think more honesty should be shown around this most important of questions this thread poses. Generally I almost certainly always invest too much thought in this area........................whistling.gif

Thank you VWB