Mackems Foot In The Final

Stuart Dickson

There was no general sale at all for Sunderland tickets. Quite a few for various competitions in the local area. It'll be like a mass migration next Sunday. Every train and flight booked up. A load of folk going to London from Friday till Monday. An expensive time going to a cup final now. Going to wembley is a great experience though.

Segregation was a bizarre concept.

I've been trying to find out about this Club Wembley thing. I appreciate it won't get me tickets to the Carling Cup Final, but what is the deal with it. I've requested an information pack but the online info appears pretty vague. It looks like you pay a minimum of £149 per person for the right to buy priority tickets for England matches as well as the FA Cup Semi's and Final, League Cup Final and for a number of concerts at the stadium as well. Am I close to the mark?

I've been trying to find out about this Club Wembley thing. I appreciate it won't get me tickets to the Carling Cup Final, but what is the deal with it. I've requested an information pack but the online info appears pretty vague. It looks like you pay a minimum of £149 per person for the right to buy priority tickets for England matches as well as the FA Cup Semi's and Final, League Cup Final and for a number of concerts at the stadium as well. Am I close to the mark?

Loving your style soft Nut's ! thumbup2.gif

. It looks like you pay a minimum of £149 per person for the right to buy priority tickets for England matches as well as the FA Cup Semi's and Final, League Cup Final and for a number of concerts at the stadium as well. Am I close to the mark?

something like that.

My mate joined Club Wembley and bought 2 tickets and could have got a couple more so 1 membership should suffice I think.

If in the vicinity of Wembley on cup final day, it is worth going to the ticket office and asking if there has been any returns.

I got tickets for the Portsmouth end a few years ago when Portsmouth played Chelsea in the final. My mate used the 2 tickets to take his Chelsea supporting son. Wandered up to the ticket office and asked if there was any chance of swapping for tickets in the Chelsea end and did.

It would appear, very few ask about returns so might be worth the gamble. If unsuccessful with that one, nice we curry house to the right of the ramp as you walk back down Wembley way & it shows live football.

Edited by Kombi Buddie

Club Wembley is the entire middle tier so if you select the right end if the ground you will have Sunderland fans above and below, you'll still enjoy the atmosphere of the occasion.

I don't think it £149 to join the just select your tickets. I think you need to take out a package which includes all England and club games played there.

IIRC, Optional extras are music and other sporting events.

Edited by davidg

There was no general sale at all for Sunderland tickets. Quite a few for various competitions in the local area. It'll be like a mass migration next Sunday. Every train and flight booked up. A load of folk going to London from Friday till Monday. An expensive time going to a cup final now. Going to wembley is a great experience though.

3 words to sum it up. Out the woodwork. 16k for a 5th round fa cup tie v premier league opponents the other week. Where were the super fans that day?

3 words to sum it up. Out the woodwork. 16k for a 5th round fa cup tie v premier league opponents the other week. Where were the super fans that day?

Saving up for Cheesy Chips on Wembley Way of course.... if it makes you angry that the mackems are actually at a cup final that doesn't have some form of Paint or commercial vehicle in its title can i suggest this as a form of relief..?

sunderland-fan-horse.jpg

Dunno?

Dunno Mark either.

Dunno?

Dunno Mark either.

Got a phone call from Chris Crouch from Club Wembley this afternoon.

Basically it's a season ticket for an average of 12 core events per season. The season runs from August to July but you can pay a pro rata fee to start the benefits immediately. The remaining games for this season are the Capital One Cup Final on Sunday, the two FA Cup Semi Finals, the FA Cup Final, England v Denmark, and England v Peru. The price for these six games starts at £835 per person for the rest of this season, and it costs from £1670 each year thereafter until the 31st of July 2017.

Now call me tight but the idea of spending £12,000+ for what would essentially be three Cup Final tickets on Sunday seems a bit excessive. Looks like I'll just have to enjoy watching the match on the telly in my house.

Saving up for Cheesy Chips on Wembley Way of course.... if it makes you angry that the mackems are actually at a cup final that doesn't have some form of Paint or commercial vehicle in its title can i suggest this as a form of relief..?

sunderland-fan-horse.jpg

Horses? Hopefully Man City will gallop to victory on Sunday and win at a canter. Full credit to SAFC as a club for reaching a national final. I wish my club had been intersted in doing likewise. The fans on the other hand don't deserve any credit for turning out just for the big day. I still wouldn't swap places. After the cup runs are over SAFC will still be fighting the drop while NUFC won't, at least not this season anyway.

Most clubs have woodwork supporters. Expense has a lot to do with it as does boredom if Newcastle were still in a cup or two a fair lump of home supporters would opt to save for cup games.

Remember Newcastle utd also have the luxury of 'tourist fans' every game to boost their home gates. Fashionable city to visit of a weekend. Sunderland don't have that to cover for empty seats.

Most clubs have woodwork supporters. Expense has a lot to do with it as does boredom if Newcastle were still in a cup or two a fair lump of home supporters would opt to save for cup games.

Remember Newcastle utd also have the luxury of 'tourist fans' every game to boost their home gates. Fashionable city to visit of a weekend. Sunderland don't have that to cover for empty seats.

I can never understand that. Newcastle is a complete shithole. It's not even as attractive as Paisley and the town stinks. It's sole attraction seems to be the rusty pile of shit that is the Angel of the North. Meanwhile in Sunderland you've got the seascape at Roker lighthouse and the great view from Penshaw hill and you'll get a much better, cheaper pint in a Sunderland pub.

Getting near time noo. Wembley snack bar concessions are power-jetting last seasons foot-longs and burgers in eager anticipation. The mass exodus from Sunderland begins on Friday, with special trains joining the already fully booked normal service from Saturday.

Parties are planned in Trafalgar Square, leicester Square Yates (nice) and sunday morning at a nightclub near the stadium.

Quite a few buses will leave Sunderland at Midnight Saturday, the buses are dry but the passengers will no doubt be sloshing in it (Bristol City anglo scottish cup anyone..? kickabout at 8:00am on a roundabout in the city centre)

And on Wembley Way the cheese for the chips is being grated as we speak!

Still want the Wembley Selfie Dicko? It has been said i take a good photo!

Saturday is the Trafalgar Square party, john. Sunday is a quiet one in the respective pubs around wembley. Sounds like Sunderland fans are allocated the same pubs as Scotland fans were last year.

I was speaking to guy who is going with his son. They are leaving by bus early doors Saturday. Get to London mid afternoon, get to hotel then find a party. The general consensus is that of st mirren fans. The older guys fear that this will be the last time they will reach a final in their lifetime. Three wembley visits since the 80s milk cup and fa cup both losses and one play off, a win.

Saturday is the Trafalgar Square party, john. Sunday is a quiet one in the respective pubs around wembley. Sounds like Sunderland fans are allocated the same pubs as Scotland fans were last year.

I was speaking to guy who is going with his son. They are leaving by bus early doors Saturday. Get to London mid afternoon, get to hotel then find a party. The general consensus is that of st mirren fans. The older guys fear that this will be the last time they will reach a final in their lifetime. Three wembley visits since the 80s milk cup and fa cup both losses and one play off, a win.

It's all kicked off with all these health & safety do's and don'ts for the fans ahead of Sunday's final..!

The supporters have been told categorically that anyone found with Pyrotechnics on them will be in big trouble...

The Sunderland fans response was "The year we were last at wembley for a major cup final.... everyone had flares on them..!"

article-2135817-005EEC0A00000258-53_306x

Don't blame them. Got to enjoy such a big occasion. Could well be back in the FA cup too though.

Sunderland will win on Sunday and I'd agree with John - they've got an excellent chance of being back again this season for the FA Cup Final.

Earlier this evening I watched some of the highlights from the Milk Cup Final in 1985. I can remember it well. Clive Walker fouled as he ran through on goal - these days the Norwich defender would have been sent off - but in 1985 Sunderland were just awarded a free kick and no cards were awarded. Norwich's goal was a f**king fluke. I didn't realise until I watched the video that it was Asa Hartford who's shot was deflected by Chris Turner by Gordon Chisholm - dunno if I blanked that fact out cause Hartford was one of my early heroes - I just know I hated Gordon Chisholm from that point on. Then there was the penalty miss and the game just petered out from there.

I'll probably feel differently on Sunday but right now I don't feel that gutted not to be going. I'll enjoy watching my son play in his Cup match in the morning and then I'll head home to settle down in front of the telly to watch the Final with my boys. I don't think I would have felt right if I'd managed to get tickets ahead of Sunderland fans who do go to the Stadium of Light every single week.

I'm feeling confident though, damned confident, infact so confident I've got a Manchester City fan coming over to watch the match with me.

I can never understand that. Newcastle is a complete shithole. It's not even as attractive as Paisley and the town stinks. It's sole attraction seems to be the rusty pile of shit that is the Angel of the North. Meanwhile in Sunderland you've got the seascape at Roker lighthouse and the great view from Penshaw hill and you'll get a much better, cheaper pint in a Sunderland pub.

As someone who spent a lot of time in Sunderland, I've got to say that the town is a sh*thole. Some of the suburbs, such as Seaburn and its seafront are fine, but as for the rest....

By the way, Dicko, the Angel of the North isn't in Newcastle, its in Gateshead.