Craig Slater Slates St Mirren

billyg

Whilst I agree with you the SFA and UEFA don't. One of their prerequisites for the UEFA Pro Licence Course is that you must "have a minimum of six years working in professional football"

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3565

That's not the same thing as requiring you to be a professional footballer.

Working in the boot room for 6 years would also qualify you on that count.

Edited by oaksoft

Imagine someone coming up with the idea of employing someone who has a wealth of experience in a job to teach/train people to be future employees in that field of expertise...

Playing football and coaching football are two completely different jobs.

Imagine not knowing that.

Oh and BTW, being a good practitioner doesn't make you a good teacher.

Imagine not knowing that either.

Deary me.

Please point out to me where I stated that you need to have been a pro footballer to be a coach.

Indeed.

And if you have such experience then you have no chance whatsoever of becoming a youth coach at St. Mirren...

....and there is your agenda right there.

You are making this too easy for me.

Such experience might make those in charge feel threatened however.

As Oaksoft correctly stated in his post, you don't need to have been a professional footballer to be a good coach.

But you certainly shouldn't have an inferiority complex...

You really need to provide some proof of this before you make spurious accusations of people at our club.

There's a f**k of a lot of parents and relatives and friends of young players who weren't good enough or lacked the attitude to succeed at Saints when given the chance of a lifetime to become a professional footballer.

Those of you who are subsequently slating our coaching team need to show some class.

Your friend/son/relative or whatever simply blew their chance.

You need to live with it, move on and accept that you won't be seeing your kid lifting a trophy of worth any time soon.

Oh and I might add that perhaps you should stop filling your kids heads with shite about how it wasn't their fault.

You are damaging them. Stop living your own unfulfilled fantasies through them and let them find their own careers in life.

Edited by oaksoft

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
9 hours ago, FTOF said:

Has signed on loan for Dundee United for the rest of the season from English league 2 giants Colchester United.

The man has ambitions for himself.

We could do with a few more of those in our country instead of the army of depressing "put people in their place" obsessives we currently have polluting our streets and holding us back as a nation.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

He's a wee shite.

I wonder how his career would have gone if he had shown a bit of patience like McGinn, Mallan, McLean etc and not spat the dummy aged 16 for not getting in the first team!

The man has made his own life and career choices as he is perfectly entitled to do.

Why does it bother you so much? He hasn't been a Saints player for years.

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

He's a wee shite.

I wonder how his career would have gone if he had shown a bit of patience like McGinn, Mallan, McLean etc and not spat the dummy aged 16 for not getting in the first team!

A wee shite :lol::lol: Jesus christ.

I doubt his career would've been much different for him if he stayed with us or not, Killie gave him as much of a change as we would have.  Not many young Scottish players do anything other than play well up here, disappear to the lower English leagues then end up back here on loan or keep bouncing around the leagues down there.

He's a wee shite.

No one knows. He may well have broken through , he may not have but he made his decision. Don’t know why that should make him a wee shite.