So Farewell Then , Ian Redford !

billyg

That really is a shocker. I knew Colin Jackson quite well and I was at his testimonial dinner in The Albany. We were far too low in the pecking order to have a Rangers player at our table but after the dinner and just before the speeches Ian came and sat at our table because I think it was his agent who was beside us. He was a lovely unassuming guy and good company. Apparently he was from a fairly well-to- do family and it was always suggested that he was more or less a millionaire before he joined Rangers. I always thought that was a bit exaggerated but the rumours always persisted. Certainly his family was comfortably off.

He was a fine player with a touch of class. Very sad to hear of his premature death.

That's terrible. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. I think he was on "Off The Ball" just the other week talking about his autobiography as well.

Yes, listened to him speaking on that between Christmas and New Year.

Sounds like the book and the publicity surrounding it was an attempt to try and lay some demons to rest. Unfortunately seems to have had the opposite effect, and proved to be too much for him. Sad to hear.

Here's an interview with him from last month:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2523554/IAN-REDFORD-The-death-younger-brother-left-angry-feeling-confused-Football-gave-escape.html

Edited by Julian Banjos