Hibernian V St Mirren 18/1/2014

faraway saint

Bossed the first half with some quite frankly brilliant football. The level of performance of everyone in a Saints shirt (especially the young guys) in the first 45 should give everyone genuine cause for optimism. Second half was a predictable barrage of pressure and the defence was a bit shaky but it's one hell of an away win. Butcher's face at half-time....priceless.

Post of the thread! :)

Very satisfying. Ta.

Not the first to say it - even the radio commentator was using that phrase - it's so lovely and unusual for the Saints.

Mind ye, back in March... and in February....

:rolleyes:

We were unbelievable in first half our attacking football was brilliant a joy to watch we really did look like a class team everyone played there part thought wee Adam campbell was top man tho quick and dangerous going forward and his work rate was exceptional gowser looked back 2 his best mcginn and thommo played well too. I really do not understand why we did not keep going at hibs 2nd half they couldn't live with us I don't know if its a tactical thing or a mental thing. Goodwin was very unlucky he gets chopped down from the back no card but he shoulder challenges the hibs guy and is booked. Poor show from hibs tho charging £12 for young kids I think our club is spot on with the fiver for kids pricing. enjoyable day out though

I've openly criticised the manager and players recently for their performances so it's only fair that I say a big well done tonight. Wasn't at the game but what pleases me most is people saying that we came out the blocks and played some great football from the off to get into a commanding lead - great to hear we played with some belief.

Sounds like we need to keep accommodating Campbell out wide and he can do a lot of damage.

Finally, there is no point winning away to Hibs if we can't follow it up with a win at home next weekend against one of our biggest rivals for the play off spot so I hope the players come out with the right attitude next Saturday.

Finally, there is no point winning away to Hibs if we can't follow it up with a win at home next weekend against one of our biggest rivals for the play off spot so I hope the players come out with the right attitude next Saturday.

Dundee Unt Win

Killie/Hearts

THIS ^

Make it count

Edited by WirralSaint

You could see that Liam Craig challenge coming from the second Goodwin broke away with the ball.

It was an outrageous decision not to book him. For all his limitations as a player I really like Goodwin and really think he's being harshly treated.

On a positive note though, we were immense in the first half and John McGinn just gets better with every game he plays, the boy is sheer class, without a doubt the best prospect I've seen at St Mirren.

Why is the Goodwin booking even included in a highlights package yet the other 2 yellow cards in the game are not ?

This is getting ridiculous, a total media witch hunt and it's high time the club spoke out about it. Dignity is all well and good but not when it could cost us in suspensions. Show some unity and get this stopped now !

Well worked goals for the all our three, however the defending for Hibs two goals was chronic. Two free headers, completely gifted to Hibs, we certainly love making it hard for ourselves.

Definitelyhighlights the need for a better defender than what we currently have.

Why is the Goodwin booking even included in a highlights package yet the other 2 yellow cards in the game are not ?

This is getting ridiculous, a total media witch hunt and it's high time the club spoke out about it. Dignity is all well and good but not when it could cost us in suspensions. Show some unity and get this stopped now !

It gets worse, the official spfl youtube page felt it necessary to upload that incident as it's own video titled "Should Goodwin have seen red for this incident?"

You could see that Liam Craig challenge coming from the second Goodwin broke away with the ball.

It was an outrageous decision not to book him. For all his limitations as a player I really like Goodwin and really think he's being harshly treated.

On a positive note though, we were immense in the first half and John McGinn just gets better with every game he plays, the boy is sheer class, without a doubt the best prospect I've seen at St Mirren.

Yes he was chased and chopped down from behind by Liam Craig, enraged at Jim for having the audacity to challenge a drop ball (necessary because a Hibs player was down, and we had the ball). Collum literally 5 yards away at most, and feels a chat is sufficient.

Imagine if Jim chased someone down for 5-10 yards in anger and then just snapped them. Would he just get a talking to?

The only thing that surprised me was that the SPFL highlights, didn't show Goodwin getting subbed. It's really getting beyond a joke.

It doesn't seem to matter what Jim Goodwin does on the pitch now, the damage has been done by McNamara and that other horrible wee rat Adams.

He served his suspension and took it on the chin, the club made a statement and accepted the punishment with good grace, but for some in the media they won't rest until the man has been hounded out of Scottish football.

Shame on the lot of them, I hope the club continue to support our captain and stick two fingers up at the media hypocrites and the snide people from within the game taking cheap shots.

where is the highlights package shown?

The SPFL Youtube channel are at it as well and no doubt will be shown on SportScene also. It is ridiculous, each week we get "Oh Jim Goodwin is a lucky man there that was a bad tackle" for absolute nothing challenges, such as the one today. That was barely even a foul let alone a booking.

An absolute witch hunt of the highest order. The next time some jumped up we neddy manager sounds off we should fire off as many shots as possible about these "bookings". It's beyond farcical. Collum couldn't wait to get the card out to "lay down his marker".