Hibernian V St Mirren 18/1/2014

faraway saint

2 sloppy set pieces made for a nervy ending. Apart from that, Hibs offered very little from open play.

Shocking treatment of Goodwin today, if he had done what Craig did to him. Well...there would've been a public lynching. Not even a booking for Craig.

Tremendous win.

Did we sit back in the second half?

Did we sit back in the second half?

3-0 down at half time, Hibs clearly got a rocket up their backsides from butcher. And they kept the ball much better. Despite this they had no shots of note to test Kello.

They scored with a flashing header from a corner. Then I thought we knocked it about okay, soaked up their pressure without too much hassle.

Then another set piece, booted into the box, Thommo loses his bearings and heads it straight to Collins to nod in a second.

We did quite well in killing the game from open play, second half. Just slipped up at set plays.

ffs whats with the constant shite 2nd half performances? were 3 up n should have been cruising, another hand ball let off

Butcher has turned Hibs into tough team to beat.

We have no right to dominate a team for 90 minutes, we're just not good enough.

Massive massive result today. One question. Can you appeal against a yellow card? By all accounts another very soft yellow card for Goodwin. Having a player at risk of a red card in every game would disrupt any team. Time to speak out.it's something our club rarely does but this is getting silly and it will cost us points. Back to the game, to go to Easter road and be up against butcher,who always seems to have Dannys card marked, and win is a terrific result. 3 goals away from home is some achievement. Let's celebrate this unexpected result. I love my team!!!!

Massive massive result today. One question. Can you appeal against a yellow card? By all accounts another very soft yellow card for Goodwin. Having a player at risk of a red card in every game would disrupt any team. Time to speak out.it's something our club rarely does but this is getting silly and it will cost us points. Back to the game, to go to Easter road and be up against butcher,who always seems to have Dannys card marked, and win is a terrific result. 3 goals away from home is some achievement. Let's celebrate this unexpected result. I love my team!!!!

No

Someone said not even a shot at goal in the second half that says it all.

You must be kidding Tony...We have won away from home, scored three, scooped up three points and all without apparently doing too much in the second half.

Imagine what we will be like at full pelt !!!! You canny have it both ways ,you were predicting we would get gubbed. Give them some credit.

Motherwell 2 St Mirren 3 - did it by being 0-2 down, stormed back in one of our greatest games. Celtic 2 St Mirren 3 - did it with them making it 2-3 with the last kick of the ball in one of our greatest cup wins. Hibs 2 St Mirren 3 - did it by having an outstanding first half and they came back at us.

All very, very different circumstances. Disnae' matter - we won all of them 3-2.

Enjoy your beers tonight fellow fans, and ignore the trolling toasters. There's enough bad days each season - enjoy the wins.

3-2. Ah, I do love a nice wee 3-2.