Hibernian V St Mirren 18/1/2014

faraway saint

Wasn't at the game - was in bed suffering from a shoulder injury, propped up with pillows, ice pack applied, and drugged up to the eyeballs with painkillers, anti-imflammatory tablets, and the radio on.

Fcuking onset of old age. Falling apart at the seams!

You sound like a chap from Arbroath.

Who gives a f**k if we don't have a player in the team of the day? We won, Hibs lost. The opinion of a Sunday Mail journo doesn't carry any actual weight. Out of interest, did he mention Goodwin in his match report?

Team of the day makes no sense anyway. Unless the same person has watched all 90 minutes in every game then I don't give two shiney shites who is selected for the team of the day because there is no set criteria. How can they choose any one player for a position over any other without the same person compiling the team watching all of the games?

Pointless shite.

Loving the cut of your jib bud..........phuck em all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/25803701

No coverage of the Goodwin booking at all in the BBC highlights. Interesting.

These highlights are better in terms of fully appreciating Campbell's contribution. He was leaving opponents for dead. That is great to watch, and something that we don't see nearly enough in football.

Again, a shout for John McGinn. What a player!

What it meant was After a great and slightly unexpected 3 pts v Utd we then put in 2 poor performances losing 5 points to teams we'd realistically hope to get something more.

No point winning at Easter Road if we don't now follow up with a win v Thistle.

I dont get your last point, 3 points are 3 points. Certain points dont count for more or less than others when tallied up at the end of season

i'll take the win and a great performace and be extremely happy with that. Next week's result will be what it will be.

I dont get your last point, 3 points are 3 points. Certain points dont count for more or less than others

At the moment our priority is to finish 10th or better to avoid the threat of relegation. Beating Partick would be a better result for us than beating Hibs because a win for us also means a defeat for Partick.

I used to read as many papers as I could, but I can honestly say that I have barely looked at a match report since May 2001 after reading Ewing Grahame's effort following that amazing day of high drama, and twists and turns, that eventually saw us relegated.

With so much incredible stuff to write about, I couldn't quite understand why I was reading lazy, negative cliched rubbish about how fat Mark Yardley was, etc, etc. I had long since reached the conclusion that newspaper match reports are an irrelevance in the modern era, so I can't pin it all on Ewing Grahame, but it can certainly go on his epitaph that he wrote a match report so bad that it stopped someone from buying newspapers forever. I'm not sure that's what he was looking to achieve when he got into the profession.

Summary: Who gives a f*ck what these guys think. They're no more equipped to dish out worthwhile opinion than butchers, bakers or candlestick makers who've watched the same game.

I used to read as many papers as I could, but I can honestly say that I have barely looked at a match report since May 2001 after reading Ewing Grahame's effort following that amazing day of high drama, and twists and turns, that eventually saw us relegated.

With so much incredible stuff to write about, I couldn't quite understand why I was reading lazy, negative cliched rubbish about how fat Mark Yardley was, etc, etc. I had long since reached the conclusion that newspaper match reports are an irrelevance in the modern era, so I can't pin it all on Ewing Grahame, but it can certainly go on his epitaph that he wrote a match report so bad that it stopped someone from buying newspapers forever. I'm not sure that's what he was looking to achieve when he got into the profession.

Summary: Who gives a f*ck what these guys think. They're no more equipped to dish out worthwhile opinion than butchers, bakers or candlestick makers who've watched the same game.

Amen to that.

100% spot-on!

I dont get your last point, 3 points are 3 points.  Certain points dont count for more or less than others  when tallied up at the end of season

i'll take the win and a great performace and be extremely happy with that.  Next week's result will be what it will be.

aye surely its more important that we got points on Saturday incase we dont get any against Thistle?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/25803701

No coverage of the Goodwin booking at all in the BBC highlights.  Interesting. 

These highlights are better in terms of fully appreciating Campbell's contribution.  He was leaving opponents for dead.  That is great to watch, and something that we don't see nearly enough in football. 

Again,  a shout for John McGinn.  What a player!

Adam Campbell makes wee John look like a giant!

At the moment our priority is to finish 10th or better to avoid the threat of relegation. Beating Partick would be a better result for us than beating Hibs because a win for us also means a defeat for Partick.

3 points is 3 points, beating thistle will be important but it makes no sense to say there is no point beating hibs if we lose to thistle

I cant understand anyone devaluing yesterdays excellent win

What it meant was After a great and slightly unexpected 3 pts v Utd we then put in 2 poor performances losing 5 points to teams we'd realistically hope to get something more.

No point winning at Easter Road if we don't now follow up with a win v Thistle.

No point? If we had lost to Hibs and beat Thistle would you be happy? If so, why the negativity now... its still 3 points. I'd call it a wee bit of unexpected insurance.

No point? If we had lost to Hibs and beat Thistle would you be happy? If so, why the negativity now... its still 3 points. I'd call it a wee bit of unexpected insurance.

Well yes & no! If we'd beaten Hibs & lost to Thistle & they would have been comparatively 1 point better off over the two week period, lose to Hibs and beat Thistle and we would be 2 points better off over the corresponding period. All hypothetical like! wacko.png

It's more important to pick up points against our immediate rivals for the play-off spot with the points swing - we will be level with Thistle on points if we lose, 3 ahead if we draw and the proverbial 6 ahead if we win.

Like I said on the other thread when Thistle took the lead on Saturday they were provisionally in 8th place but finished up in 11th by 5pm - look out them brown trousers! bag.gif

Daily record and Sunday Mail match reports couldn't be more different if they tried.

Fair play to the DR match report, full of praise for our players and our crisp passing especially in the first half. Also backed Goodwin.

DR must have researched this place on Sunday evening then.........