Telly Programmes

shull

Watched the first couple of episodes of The Street (Sauchiehall St)

FFS! The drunken racist attack on the black busker was horrendous! Carried out by - I suspect - two, for lack of a better word, "unionists". They seemed familiar... might even be from Paisley...

Cranhill,now moved to Fife.

Enjoying Line of Duty at the moment

• 2 weeks later...

I actually want to mention a radio programme so thought I would put it in here. The radio in my kitchen is virtually always on Radio 2 and yesterday I caught part of Good Morning Sunday. Hardeep Singh Kohli was interviewing Peter Howson and it was absolutely fascinating. I knew Howson was a genius but had no idea about all his difficulties. I'm sure he's comfortably Scotland's leading living artist and I would recommend listening to it on the iPlayer . I do realise it's not everybody's cup of tea.

I actually want to mention a radio programme so thought I would put it in here. The radio in my kitchen is virtually always on Radio 2 and yesterday I caught part of Good Morning Sunday. Hardeep Singh Kohli was interviewing Peter Howson and it was absolutely fascinating. I knew Howson was a genius but had no idea about all his difficulties. I'm sure he's comfortably Scotland's leading living artist and I would recommend listening to it on the iPlayer . I do realise it's not everybody's cup of tea.

I loved the solidity of his figures and his use of colour. Mind-blowing but real.... Kinda lost patience with his clutching at religion. My loss, never his... But in a private dining room of one of the hotels I stay at for work, is a Howson painting that fills the room. I have to sit with my back to it,, just so I can pay attention to the rest of the diners. He has the power.

Salamander and Line of Duty both building up nicely to a climax. Also enjoying the new Silk series and the Musketeers is providing light relief.

I hope Salamander delivers. I've grown more bored as the weeks pass. There is an amazing amount of intrigue but very little jeopardy. I don't feel the least bit feart about our hero cop (his wife was set up as a baddie whom we expected to soon be removed) nor do I worry about the daughter.

It's all too nice and blandly Belgian.

I live in hope of being surprised.

I guess I don't really care about the nub of the tale - some people long ago in a far-off land, organised themselves to monopolise a society.

(I've seen a wee bit of Silk - 1/2 of 1 episode- and like her character. Haven't seen those others...)

An afterthought...

.. In terms of selling his work, (being "comfortable"), perhaps Jack Vettriano is well ahead?

I didn't particularly think of wealth but as I typed that the name Vettriano was running through my mind. I wouldn't mind even just a wee painting by either of them! In the interview yesterday, funnily enough a couple of times he stated that he didn't like the word 'religion' but there's no doubt he became a Christian as he explained. I don't get the feeling he's the kind of guy that pushes it down your throat. (Maybe I should rephrase that).

He said that when he goes to St.Andrew's Cathedral to see the John Ogilvie work, the eyes follow you around but says it was bugger all to do with him. He didn't claim it was a miracle or any such. I would have lied to my back teeth and said I meant it.

Incidentally, in 1962 I went on the Camphill Paris trip and of course we were all taken to the Louvre to see The Mona Lisa among other things. We were told her eyes followed you around but I'm buggered if I could see it. Mind you, Miss Lockhart was on that trip and I only had eyes for her. Talk about puppy love. Do you remember her?

I didn't particularly think of wealth but as I typed that the name Vettriano was running through my mind. I wouldn't mind even just a wee painting by either of them! In the interview yesterday, funnily enough a couple of times he stated that he didn't like the word 'religion' but there's no doubt he became a Christian as he explained. I don't get the feeling he's the kind of guy that pushes it down your throat. (Maybe I should rephrase that).

He said that when he goes to St.Andrew's Cathedral to see the John Ogilvie work, the eyes follow you around but says it was bugger all to do with him. He didn't claim it was a miracle or any such. I would have lied to my back teeth and said I meant it.

Incidentally, in 1962 I went on the Camphill Paris trip and of course we were all taken to the Louvre to see The Mona Lisa among other things. We were told her eyes followed you around but I'm buggered if I could see it. Mind you, Miss Lockhart was on that trip and I only had eyes for her. Talk about puppy love. Do you remember her?

Whitelock...? :unsure:

Two things I've been watching are Flemming about Ian Flemming the writer of James Bond it is ok, though kind of James Bond (according to me) meets 50 Shades of Grey (according to the other half).

The other is True Detective which has Woody Harlson and the man of the minute Mathew MacGounneghy (excuse spelling), I am quite enjoying this though only 2 episodes in so far though I think I have a 3rd to watch on my sky box.

And I was in HER drama club. And flat... smile.png

How did you manage that? I hope you kept your hands off her. Now, when you say flat? No, I'm being unkind.

Roll forward twenty odd years after I'd left school and I had to go to Castlehead High to see the Vice Principal about one of my children who had been a bit naughty. The VP was one Andrew Hammond. He was terrific. On the way out of the school I bumped into a certain Mrs.Bell. Yep, the very same lady in her married guise. Still looking like a million dollars. Do you remember her Christian name?

How did you manage that? I hope you kept your hands off her. Now, when you say flat? No, I'm being unkind.

Roll forward twenty odd years after I'd left school and I had to go to Castlehead High to see the Vice Principal about one of my children who had been a bit naughty. The VP was one Andrew Hammond. He was terrific. On the way out of the school I bumped into a certain Mrs.Bell. Yep, the very same lady in her married guise. Still looking like a million dollars. Do you remember her Christian name?

Victoria...? :unsure:

Check your PMs. :)

Silk on the beeb, Damages on Living and Modern Family on Sky One. I also really enjoyed 37 Days this week about the build up to the First World War.

Silk is quite a good wee programme. They spend most of programme now on build up without you seeing how it plays out in court as much. If it portrays `the wheels in motion` in the system in London , the it`s a fascinating world.

A good crime drama is always a bonus.

Bluestone 42 is worth a watch its on BBC3 about a bunch of British squadies on tour in Afghanistan.

BBC3 is being taken off air ! ( moving to iplayer only) thats a shame its a good wee channel.

Two things I've been watching are Flemming about Ian Flemming the writer of James Bond it is ok, though kind of James Bond (according to me) meets 50 Shades of Grey (according to the other half).

The other is True Detective which has Woody Harlson and the man of the minute Mathew MacGounneghy (excuse spelling), I am quite enjoying this though only 2 episodes in so far though I think I have a 3rd to watch on my sky box.

Just watched the first episode.

Found it really slow, I had a few moments when I was going to stop and delete....................

If episode 2 doesn't get a move on it's getting deleted.