Telly Programmes

shull

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tonight STV 9pm

First in a 3 part Series

" IN PLAIN SIGHT "

Story of  Scottish Serial Killer , Peter Manuel and the Detective trying to nail him.

Starring Saints fan and Barrhead dude, Dougie Henshall and the guy from Greenock, Martin Compston.

Might make good viewing

18 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Rillington Place on BBC is one of the best things I've seen in years. Very dark, and based on a true story, but excellent drama.

Reggie is a sneaky wee cnut :o

Looking forward to final part next Tuesday

On 12/7/2016 at 8:19 PM, shull said:

Tonight STV 9pm

First in a 3 part Series

" IN PLAIN SIGHT "

Story of  Scottish Serial Killer , Peter Manuel and the Detective trying to nail him.

Starring Saints fan and Barrhead dude, Dougie Henshall and the guy from Greenock, Martin Compston.

Might make good viewing

Second part on tonight.

Read the Peter Manuel Story years ago.

Another horrific cnut.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

BBC I Player still offering the 3 episodes.

Thanx I'll see if I've got enough time but I'm reading the last two David Mitchell (the Cloud Atlas one) books, the new China Mieville one and will struggle to finish those before Neil Gaiman's is out in February. That's a lot of alternate realities to handle while still staying coherent in this one. :huh:

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

Thanx I'll see if I've got enough time but I'm reading the last two David Mitchell (the Cloud Atlas one) books, the new China Mieville one and will struggle to finish those before Neil Gaiman's is out in February. That's a lot of alternate realities to handle while still staying coherent in this one. :huh:

The first episode still has 15 days to view,  the second 22 days and the third 29, reasonable amount of time.

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

"Staying"?  :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS

Project Children: Defusing the Troubles
Documentary on bbc4 about a NYPD bomb disposal officer who started an organisation taking kids from Norn Iron to the USA for a summer break away from 'the troubles'.
Took 6 kids in 1975 and after 40 years they've had over 20,000.

Uplifting programme.

Watched a couple of the Planet Earth II series, quite simply stunning.

The clarity of the pictures, even on my laptop, is breath taking and the work that goes into these programmes is amazing.

Attenborough is just the icing on the cake.

When he "goes" there is going to be a massive void left for the BBC to fill.

The BBC I Player is a superb piece of kit, I've downloaded quite a few programmes recently.  

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Watched a couple of the Planet Earth II series, quite simply stunning.

The clarity of the pictures, even on my laptop, is breath taking and the work that goes into these programmes is amazing.

Attenborough is just the icing on the cake.

When he "goes" there is going to be a massive void left for the BBC to fill.

The BBC I Player is a superb piece of kit, I've downloaded quite a few programmes recently.  

Have to agree.

There isn't a person in the last 50 years who has delivered science (albeit mostly Biology) to the masses to such a huge degree than Sir David.

His programmes have done so much to help educate pupils. Almost without exception pupils are fully engaged when I use his programmes in class.

I unashamedly tell the pupils that he's my celebrity hero and that I'll be devastated when he pops his clogs.

Luckily I've been in the presence of the great man, when he re-opened Glasgow Uni's Zoology museum after its refurbishment in the 80's.

The last episode of Living planet II on cities was stunning. I've watched it 5 times and I'm still not tired of it. I've started re-watching The first series, where they started using HD cameras. It's got about 14 episodes and is well worth re-visiting.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Have to agree.

There isn't a person in the last 50 years who has delivered science (albeit mostly Biology) to the masses to such a huge degree than Sir David.

His programmes have done so much to help educate pupils. Almost without exception pupils are fully engaged when I use his programmes in class.

I unashamedly tell the pupils that he's my celebrity hero and that I'll be devastated when he pops his clogs.

Luckily I've been in the presence of the great man, when he re-opened Glasgow Uni's Zoology museum after its refurbishment in the 80's.

The last episode of Living planet II on cities was stunning. I've watched it 5 times and I'm still not tired of it. I've started re-watching The first series, where they started using HD cameras. It's got about 14 episodes and is well worth re-visiting.

I've been selective in the episodes I've downloaded.

Watched "Mountains" and just finished watching "Deserts" and, coincidently, have downloaded "cities".

Great way to pass an hour.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I've been selective in the episodes I've downloaded.

Watched "Mountains" and just finished watching "Deserts" and, coincidently, have downloaded "cities".

Great way to pass an hour.

Watch them all.

Some are better than others, but I guarantee that there will be parts of the programme that will astound you with what they reveal about certain animals and their behaviours.

I've watched thousands of hours of natural history programmes and even I was left in awe with some of the stuff that I'd never seen before.