Telly Programmes

shull

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Watched a programme earlier in the week about the James Bulger murder, was very interesting and thought provoking.

Tonight Trevor McDonald, I don't particularly like his reporting style, presents James Bulger, "A Mother's Story", ITV 9:00pm

Just watched the first 15 minutes, very harrowing and distressing, impossible to imagine what the mother went through.

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just watched the first 15 minutes, very harrowing and distressing, impossible to imagine what the mother went through.

The horrific realisation that two 10 year old boys had carried out this murder really hitting the general public.

I remember Oaky decrying the use of the word "evil" when describing anything that was a particularly despicable but there are many words that could be used to describe this murderous act.

How do you try to understand how 10 year old children could have decided to do this?

Was watching Michael Portillo on one of his railway journeys through the USA just there.

He was in California University discussing the causes and effects of the 1906 earthquake.

During the course of the discussion they showed seismographs from various locations around the world, which had picked up the shockwaves from the earthquake.

As the camera panned down a page a seismograph from "Paisley, Scotland" hove into view.

What an exciting life I have.:rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:
For dudes of a certain vintage Carly Simon :wub: will be on BBC4 at 9pm tonight discussing her career and just who that song was about..................
Ah walked intae The Bull Inn like ah was walkin’ ontae a yacht. :whistle 

I heard that it was about shull.

FUCKING WANKBAG!

Edited by Bud the Baker

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:08 PM, FTOF said:

There was one of the female contestants on tonight's Take me out, who, when asked which football team she supported, she said, "I support St.Mirren ". She was called Fiona.

Fiona got a date tonight with some guy from Sunderland. :thumbs2

Just back in from a walk on the beach - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Watched a few progs I had recorded earlier on.

A little bit disappointed with the end of Hard Sun - was hoping for a bit more violence? Will there be a second series?

Enjoyed the last episode of Derry Girls - had a wee tear in my eyes when they played The Cranberries over the closing credits.

On 09/02/2018 at 3:03 PM, faraway saint said:

Seen some adverts for the 2nd series of Jamestown, so downloaded the 1st series, might well start watching it today. :)

Watched the first 2 episodes, pretty reasonable.

In any series I find if you "buy into" the characters and the story line the you're half way there.

Aye, worth watching so far. 

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Watched the first 2 episodes, pretty reasonable.

In any series I find if you "buy into" the characters and the story line the you're half way there.

Aye, worth watching so far. 

Was that good I fired on and watched the 3rd episode.

More appearances from the "injins" which is adding to the story. 

All good so far. 

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Thursday 8th March, Still Game returns, Scottish comedy that is actually funny, imagine that. 

Cannae wait  :clapping

Also, dinnae forget Two Doors Down tonight, BBC2 at 10.

Hilarious  :lol: