Telly Programmes

shull

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my 4 nights and decided to watch an old Western The Bravados starring Gregory Peck & Joan Collins.

Essentially a revenge flick where GP sets out to kill the men (including Stephen "Ben Hur" Boyd and a youngish Lee Van Cleef)  who raped & murdered his wife.

Joan Collins (below right) gives a perky performance in tight shirt & trousers :wub::oohlala as GPs old and rekindled flame!

055-joan-collins-theredlist.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'd recorded Rip It Up from last Tuesday, story of Scottish pop music...........

Watched it last night, pretty good watch, covers a wide range of music, for a small country we don't half produce some brilliant music.

2nd episode this Tuesday, worth a watch if you like music. 

It was a good watch.

As you say, it covered a lot of different genres, which made it pretty interesting.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

It was a good watch.

As you say, it covered a lot of different genres, which made it pretty interesting.

I went through to Edinburgh last weekend and the national museum of Scotland has the Rip It Up exhibition on.

It was fairly decent, memorabilia from quite a few artists mixed with video clips, all of which will appear on the TV series.

No pictures allowed was a bummer, I was wanting to take a few for some people I know who were into certain bands.  

Guest TPAFKATS

Just watched Sacha Baron Cohen's This is America catch up on 4OD.
Very funny first 15 mins, 2nd half is the guns for kindergarten kids which starts out funny but gets very scary.

26 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
9 hours ago, HSS said:
I was watching Bullseye and this couple grim Paisley were on it.Anybuddie know them?

20180722_043614.thumb.jpg.e6652d7fe699f37c396847c8186b8a03.jpg

Did they win the speedboat?

Naw,1st ones out.:lol:

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:36 PM, TPAFKATS said:

Just watched Sacha Baron Cohen's This is America catch up on 4OD.
Very funny first 15 mins, 2nd half is the guns for kindergarten kids which starts out funny but gets very scary.

Erm, was that female gallery owner giving SBC some of her pubic hair for real - or was it all an "oxymoronic, paradoxical juxtaposition"?

Screen-Shot-2018-07-19-at-4.59.25-PM.png

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
Erm, was that female gallery owner giving SBC some of her pubic hair for real - or was it all an "oxymoronic, paradoxical juxtaposition"?
Screen-Shot-2018-07-19-at-4.59.25-PM.png&key=df1bd369cf531fb254fdbe3126a60ac591b5a1a4c47e4a03bf74715e6f9bc52a
[emoji23]Not in anyway stereotypical of californians

Award winning comedian Stewart Lee's Content Provider on BBC at the weekend - probably still available on iPlayer.

Deconstructs Stand Up while remaining funnier than 99% of other current comedians and managed to throw a Brian Rix tribute into the routine - I recommend it!
Brilliant comedian. Not to most people's tastes. But he's made a career out of that. His 'Del Boy falling through the bar' stuff is superb. Tried and failed to post a link to it from Vimeo. Anyone cleverer than me feel free to do so.

Have seen Lee three times in Edinburgh, last time was at The Stand two years ago when Content Provider was a WIP.

At the end if the gig I said to him "see that bit you did about Ocado and no-one laughed, that's because we don't have Ocado in Scotland".

I'd like to think that was the inspiration for his "American comedians" bit.

10 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Just watched the 3rd episode of Rip it up.

Really good stuff.

Worth watching alone for the breakfast TV interview of the Soup Dragons at 6.00 am, after an all night acid house rave.:lol:

No watched it yet.........................thanks, ya fud! :rolleyes:

Watching Belladrum, looks a pretty good venue and the acts get better every year. 

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, FTOF said:

Just watched the 3rd episode of Rip it up.

Really good stuff.

Worth watching alone for the breakfast TV interview of the Soup Dragons at 6.00 am, after an all night acid house rave.:lol:

Didn't really like the series and with so much of E3 devoted to the problems Scottish acts had with "the music business" and the subsequent DIY ethos it seemed perverse to ignore wur ain Gerry Rafferty who incidentally produced The Proclaimers Letter To America (not mentioned).

His two biggest hits Baker Street & Stuck in the Middle With You (with Stealers Wheel) were complaints about the record industry and he distributed his last few records himself through choice, not necessity.

Edited by Bud the Baker

• 2 weeks later...