Telly Programmes

shull

Bear Grylls Celebrity Island.............................

Amusing, Bear, what fud calls themselves Bear, assembles a group of nobodys who can hardly wipe their own arse on an island in the Pacific.

It's like a script, would you believe, that things go pear shaped, they gather themselves, with a few who abandon ship and they all find themselves in the end. 

Bitter Rivals: Iran & Saudi Arabia.

Three part series on PBS America (Sky 160) about the ongoing struggle between the two countries which started in 79 when Ayatollah Khomeni's Revolutionary Govt (Shia) took control of Iran. In response to these events the Saudi royal family did a U-turn on attempts to liberalize their country and re-adhered to the Wahabi (Sunni) clerics and Sharia Law.

Since then the struggle has been fought all over the Middle East, currently most noticeably in Yemen and beyond (present UK Terrorist Threat Level - Severe).

An ongoing tragedy.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Am I the only one who still watches TV?

Anyway I recommend Mystery Road BBC4 9pm tonight - Top Australian noir!

Just that when anyone mentions a TV programme the hoards decry it as pish..............................as we discussed some time ago about music, all objective. 

The Bodyguard on BBC has been, IMO, very enjoyable drama.

Recorded a programme about the construction of the Forth Rail Bridge.

Will watch tomorrow night while enjoying a Chinese Curry.

My recording of happenings at New Douglas Park has been deletit without viewing.

On 9/22/2018 at 10:59 PM, faraway saint said:

Just that when anyone mentions a TV programme the hoards decry it as pish..............................as we discussed some time ago about music, all objective. 

The Bodyguard on BBC has been, IMO, very enjoyable drama.

Just watched the final episode of The Bodyguard, simply superb drama from the BBC.

9 minutes ago, Paisley brazilians said:

Just finished bodyguard on bbc well worth a watch and a quality cast. 

I loved it- bar - the last 10 mins................... all came together a bit rushed and of course the happy ending ............... of course leaving it open for a 2nd Series

The bit when he has the jacket on is bloody tense

For anyone that hasnt seen it dont read this post

OOOps too late :whistle 

Edited by DougJamie

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I thought the bodyguard was pish, unbelievable story line and I know he's from Elderslie but I'm afraid the lead actor just can't act.

By comparison, Killing Eve, which I've just finished watching on iPlayer, is an infinitely better bit of telly.

Are there many people from Elderslie that can act ? William Wallace was good in Braveheart :P

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I thought the bodyguard was pish, unbelievable story line and I know he's from Elderslie but I'm afraid the lead actor just can't act.

By comparison, Killing Eve, which I've just finished watching on iPlayer, is an infinitely better bit of telly.

It's a personal choice bit like music for me it was very enjoyable a drama nothing else. It has broken all viewing figures tells it's own story. 

47 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Agree on all counts.

Killing Eve is superb.