Telly Programmes

shull

On 9/27/2018 at 11:09 AM, Hendo said:

I thought the bodyguard was pish, unbelievable story line and I know he's from Elderslie but I'm afraid the lead actor just can't act.

By comparison, Killing Eve, which I've just finished watching on iPlayer, is an infinitely better bit of telly.

Thanks for the heads up Killing Eve is very good. 

Watched "Drowning in Plastic" last night on BBC1.

The numbers and effects presented were astounding.

There are some attempts to gather some of the plastic that's currently already in the oceans & rivers but the real solution has to be at the source.

A very interesting, and depressing, 90 minutes of TV. :(

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/oct/01/drowning-in-plastic-review-a-rallying-cry-to-ditch-plastic-but-is-it-too-late

Edited by faraway saint

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There are some attempts to gather some of the plastic that's currently already in the oceans & rivers but the real solution has to be at the source.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/oct/01/drowning-in-plastic-review-a-rallying-cry-to-ditch-plastic-but-is-it-too-late

Hoax.

Maybe they will increase the price of a carrier bag to 6p. ( tax )

On 10/2/2018 at 8:37 AM, faraway saint said:

Watched this programme again, it should be shown in schools to show the REAL effect of plastic to the world.

I've always believed in recycling, albeit it's not as efficient or effective as it could be.

The apathy from some stems, IMO, from the fact there looks like no real effect to the majority.

The sea/oceans are looked on, by some, as a source to forever dump our rubbish. 

However, there is a growing belief that some action has to take place, even from the public.

Decided to record the UFC fight between McGregor & Nurmagomedov to see what all the fuss was about.

Mind numbing TBH, 75% of the time was spent grappling on the ground.

The best bit was the melee at the end, Nurmagomedov jumps into the crowd, fighting in the crowd, someone jumps into the "ring" a clouts McGregor from behind, general mayhem.  :lol:

Overall a load of hyped up pish.

I've deliberately not mentioned the result in case someone hasn't seen it yet. 

On 9/27/2018 at 11:09 AM, Hendo said:

I thought the bodyguard was pish, unbelievable story line and I know he's from Elderslie but I'm afraid the lead actor just can't act.

By comparison, Killing Eve, which I've just finished watching on iPlayer, is an infinitely better bit of telly.

I agree that the story line had defects but what drama has an entirely believable story line? If you had thought for one second before commenting on the lead actor you would have realised that that soldiers with PTSD(the bodyguard) do act in strange ways!

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Blue Peter is 60 this week..........................a part of childhood, although I never made ANY of the things they had made earlier. :)

I met Valerie Singleton when she was in her 30's as she hosted a conference I was at.  Lovely lady. 

On 10/6/2018 at 10:45 PM, faraway saint said:

Jonathan Ross, pretty good guest list tonight, all going well, then he brings on Bear Grylls......................BOMBS! 

He makes PRicky look interesting. :snore

He's so dull he's not even listed in the information banner for the programme. :lol:

Strangely,  I have appeared on TV once or twice in this country and abroad.