Telly Programmes

shull

Starting this Sunday, Channel 4, 10:00 pm, Tin Star.

Was originally on Sky Atlantic, now moved to "cooncil" TV.

Deep in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, a recently emigrated police sheriff and his family try their best to survive in a charming mountain town rife with crime and corruption. Sheriff Jim Worth struggles with the ghosts of his past as he attends AA meetings, and his wife, Angela, tries to integrate in the town of Little Big Bear. At the same time, a massive oil company, North Stream Oil, opens a refinery just out of town, bringing with it a swath of migrant workers, rising crime levels, and pollution. When a friend of Jim's dies under mysterious circumstances written off as a suicide, he butts heads with representatives of the oil firm when he tries to uncover the truth of the matter.

Downloaded "The House on Haunted Hill".................the clips I've seen are a bit frightening, not watched it yet, default_bag.gif

I’ve watched the whole series

Definitely worth a watch

Don’t want to give anything away but tempted to offer an opinion on it.

Just get a beer, turn the lamp oot, turn the soundbar up & draw the curtains, oh put your wee dug in the kitchen [emoji2]

Killing Eve was a good series as was The truth about the Harry Quebert affair if anyone is interested

The informer currently on is good as was Strangers , autumn/winter dramas are generally quite good

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Dunno if it's been mentioned but caught a very good couple of programmes titled
Slavery: Scotland's Hidden Shame presented by David Hayman.
Still on iplayer.

Aye, I've seen DH on slavery...

Heavy stuff. 

Glasgow Uni recently have initiated a scheme in recognition of where much of the wealth that initially helped it to flourish came from.  A reasonable move.

On 11/8/2018 at 5:43 AM, faraway saint said:

Dynasties, BBC1, Sunday evening...........................the genius that is Attenborough narrating so it's got to be good. :clapping

This article, however, suggests more could be done from the BBC and Attenborough.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/07/david-attenborough-world-environment-bbc-films

Last night's episode wasn't really as dramatic as last week.

Penguins having a fight didn't really match the ferocity of the monkey battle last week. :lol:

Next week looks better, a lioness and her battle to protect her cubs. 

24 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Moy-da mystery series Dark Heart on ITV - only saw the last coupla episodes in the series which was the follow up to a 2016 pilot.

All six episodes were shown within the last month so it should still be available on catch-up.

Troubled Detective with "issues", not an original premise, but this one is better than most!

I'd recorded this series so I tuned into what I thought was episode 1 the other night.

I was a tad puzzled, quite so, it was episode 3.

Need to search out the first 2 episodes and start again. 

PS Downloading them right now. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Best post you've made for quite some time. :byebye

#oldtroll

Younger but less wise F Man.

One day you will learn to IGNORE.

That's one of the reasons you qualify unreservedly for the MBE award...there is No doubt that you can properly say that your brain's empty. 

Edited by St.Ricky

On 11/8/2018 at 5:43 AM, faraway saint said:

Dynasties, BBC1, Sunday evening...........................the genius that is Attenborough narrating so it's got to be good. :clapping

This article, however, suggests more could be done from the BBC and Attenborough.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/07/david-attenborough-world-environment-bbc-films

Reminder, tonights episode looks pretty good, lioness fighting for survival.  :thumbs2

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Rod Stewart on Strictly earlier, seriously needs to consider retiring he was dreadful. Ricky, you must know him, have a word.

Lol.  I saw him. Was terrible. Never met the guy. It would be a kindness for him to stop now. 

However,was even getting paid to visit the Parks in both Kenya and South Africa. Also Northern Tanzania near Kilimanjaro. 

Hey... Someone had to do it.  Why not me? In the past now but an enjoyable part of my working life. 

The lunch with the CEO of Kruger was very enjoyable and strange.  Witch Doctors were discussed in a serious vein.  First time for me.  But not the last. 

The park itself covers an area bigger than Wales. Takes 5-7 hours to travel top to bottom. 

TV gets you up closer though than you ever can or  should other than by accident! 

Big beasts in real life. 

Edited by St.Ricky