Telly Programmes

shull

• 5 weeks later...

Currently watching repeat of

Billy Connolly, Made in Scotland [emoji1022]󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On BBC Scotland

Very enjoyable [emoji4]
Was at the Stand today to see Susie McCabe and her Fringe show preview.

Seriously... In the natural order of comedy succession...

Connolly... Bridges... McCabe.

She's that good.

If going to the Fringe, make a point of seeing Susie McCabe.

Best comedian on the circuit.

Was at the Stand today to see Susie McCabe and her Fringe show preview.

Seriously... In the natural order of comedy succession...

Connolly... Bridges... McCabe.

She's that good.

If going to the Fringe, make a point of seeing Susie McCabe.

Best comedian on the circuit.

I’m gonnae check her out now you mentioned it.

I’ve not heard of her I don’t think ?

But, if she can tell you a wee story in with the humour ? Sounds good to me, cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Coronation Street last night showed a very moving episode when a young mother, around mid 20's, who's baby is only around 6 months old, was told she only has approx 3 months to live due to cancer.

It really hit home the reality and devastation that cancer can bring.

Interesting that the programme choose to have this kind of ending rather than a happy ever after story that would have been easier. 

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Coronation Street last night showed a very moving episode when a young mother, around mid 20's, who's baby is only around 6 months old, was told she only has approx 3 months to live due to cancer.

It really hit home the reality and devastation that cancer can bring.

Interesting that the programme choose to have this kind of ending rather than a happy ever after story that would have been easier. 

Interesting? For one. It's the easy option. it's sensationalism. And, in my opinion, (though it's probably fair to say I may well not have the best insight into it as I have only ever saw clips when the females of my family watched it), it's a ridiculous, overrated, underacted, far fetched soap. Interesting is the last word I'd use for any of these programmes.

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Interesting? For one. It's the easy option. it's sensationalism. And, in my opinion, (though it's probably fair to say I may well not have the best insight into it as I have only ever saw clips when the females of my family watched it), it's a ridiculous, overrated, underacted, far fetched soap. Interesting is the last word I'd use for any of these programmes.

Do you try to be a fanny or is it natural?

My post was more about the effects of cancer and how it was portrayed.

Do yourself a favour, feck off dullard. :double

31 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Hairy Bikers:Route 66
Quality viewing, comedy innuendo, small town Americana and lots of really unhealthy food

Was forced :lol: by the wife to watch a programme on channel 4 about re-homing rescue dogs.

Will get this later as, like above, the Hairy Bikers are great, down to earth, no frills and very observant. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Was forced [emoji38] by the wife to watch a programme on channel 4 about re-homing rescue dogs.
Will get this later as, like above, the Hairy Bikers are great, down to earth, no frills and very observant. 
When are you getting the rescue dug?

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Do you try to be a fanny or is it natural?

My post was more about the effects of cancer and how it was portrayed.

Do yourself a favour, feck off dullard. :double

and I'm just explaining slowly to any fool that their motive isn't entirely, if at all, altruistic...…… simpleton.

9 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
10 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Was forced emoji38.png by the wife to watch a programme on channel 4 about re-homing rescue dogs.

When are you getting the rescue dug?

Got one 2 years ago, obviously all my idea. 😂

They try to match up the family with a suitable dog so this family, Mum, Dad, 16 year old daughter and 8 year old son, roll up, they are introduced to a cracking looking wee Pomeranian, not my type of dog but they were over the moon.

At the end of the programme they visit the family, the wee dog had chased both the cats the family already had, so much the cats had to jump up high to escape this killer dog so they returned him after ONE day. :lol:

Imagine a dog chasing a cat, a phenomenon they obviously were not aware of.............................🙈

FFS, some people. :thumbsdown

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
Got one 2 years ago, obviously all my idea. [emoji23]
They try to match up the family with a suitable dog so this family, Mum, Dad, 16 year old daughter and 8 year old son, roll up, they are introduced to a cracking looking wee Pomeranian, not my type of dog but they were over the moon.
At the end of the programme they visit the family, the wee dog had chased both the cats the family already had, so much the cats had to jump up high to escape this killer dog so they returned him after ONE day. [emoji38]
Imagine a dog chasing a cat, a phenomenon they obviously were not aware of.............................[emoji85]
Wee dug syndrome

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Got one 2 years ago, obviously all my idea. emoji23.png
At the end of the programme they visit the family, the wee dog had chased both the cats the family already had, so much the cats had to jump up high to escape this killer dog so they returned him after ONE day. emoji38.png
Imagine a dog chasing a cat, a phenomenon they obviously were not aware of.............................emoji85.png

Wee dug syndrome

Aye, thing is, I'm pretty sure it would have settled, the cats have more weapons than this wee dug.