Telly Programmes

shull

7 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Sky is allowing you to pause subscription for sport but you need to phone them.

Doing other things like free sky talk and sky go extra.

Best to visit their website for full details. 

Wife had just tried to phone and they are not accepting any phone calls   :lol:

They should just stop taking the cost of sport off everybody just like they are going to do to the pubs. 

On 3/15/2020 at 1:20 PM, Tommy said:

Many customers of Sky Sports and BT will be tied into a contract normally lasting 12/18 months, and will have to argue that they are not getting what they have signed up for which was Live Sports, not repeats.

Maybe need to recruit Dickson to argue my case against Sky  :rolleyes:

On 3/15/2020 at 3:49 PM, FTOF said:

FIFY.

Think I can cancel my SKY subscription when I want on Virgin media. I'll find out soon enough.

Just off the phone to VM. Took 25 minutes of a wait, but I'm getting SKY sports free up until June 17th.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Just off the phone to VM. Took 25 minutes of a wait, but I'm getting SKY sports free up until June 17th.

That's great. You'll pay nothing to watch...… wait..... nothing. Sounds fair.

ETA. didn't see your post there faraway.

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Brilliant, all them magnificent sporting events..............................erm? :rolleyes:

Saves me £120.:)

No sport by 16th June I'll phone up and cancel. If there is, I won't have to phone them up.

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

TBH, other than live football or cricket, there's feck all worth watching when it's not free.

Aye, football and the odd bit of tennis or darts for me, that apart my IPTV does't really offer me much more.

Plenty TV series but I never seem to find the time, although last Saturday/Sunday was a fecking nightmare.

Nothing to watch or bet on. 

Been trying to pause sky sport online all afternoon  :thumbsdown

As hopeless as the phone.

They should just give all their customers a rebate of what their sky package cost.

Wasting people time instead of doing the right thing. 

Edited by Tommy

Been trying to pause sky sport online all afternoon  :thumbsdown
As hopeless as the phone.
They should just give all their customers a rebate of what their sky package cost.
Wasting people time instead of doing the right thing. 

I done it via the mysky app this evening- clicked the coronavirus section on the app - it loads a page once it’s your turn ( took around 10 minutes ) it automatically refreshes page so leave app open - asks you to confirm you want to pause service ( sports ) informs you they will message you when sport resumes IF you want to resume service

Click confirm & next bill will be adjusted automatically

It’s not live chat just a box to click confirm ( you need to be logged in )

18 hours ago, Fricky_Bellend said:

I done it via the mysky app this evening- clicked the coronavirus section on the app - it loads a page once it’s your turn ( took around 10 minutes ) it automatically refreshes page so leave app open - asks you to confirm you want to pause service ( sports ) informs you they will message you when sport resumes IF you want to resume service

Click confirm & next bill will be adjusted automatically

It’s not live chat just a box to click confirm ( you need to be logged in )

Was doing that but was getting cut off at the end and wasn't sure if I had been able to pause it. 

Got them on the phone to find out I was successful, but they said I was to phone again in 3 months if I wanted to resume my package, 

Guessing they don't expect football to be back before July  :(

19 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Old football on BT Sport 3 this afternoon, The Big Match Revisited from 1982/83 season including a 3-1 victory for Aberdeen at Celtic.

3pm onwards.

Expect a protest by Celtic about the dodgy ref  :rolleyes: