Telly Programmes

shull

Just now, faraway saint said:

Still squirming after being shown up for the dullard you are. :lol:

I'll clap for you later, we all need dullards. :byebye

More stupidity with a spattering of emojis. Do you ever stop to think before you post? Take a look in the mirror to see  what a dullard really looks like. Though I may just be insulting the dullards of the world.

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

More stupidity with a spattering of emojis. Do you ever stop to think before you post? Take a look in the mirror to see  what a dullard really looks like. Though I may just be insulting the dullards of the world.

Aye, you're really busy, posting utter drivel and showing yourself up yet again.

No wonder you're a laughing stock, although only laughing AT you.

The usual "stupid" accusations, yet you show you're dimmer than a 2 watt bulb. :lol:

What are you watching on TV tonight? :byebye

On 5/4/2020 at 12:29 PM, faraway saint said:

Inside Central Station, the 2nd series.

Excellent, as was the first series. 

BBC Scotland. :thumbs2

Watched the 2nd episode tonight.

Interesting and entertaining.

The number of people who make it run smoothly, the "numbers" (trains/people etc) and the history. 

This episode centred around it's 140th birthday. :thumbs2

On 5/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, faraway saint said:

I love when people slag programmes/music off that are/is very popular.

They come across as boring prats.

They also rarely say what programmes they watch.

Just saying. :byebye

There's always trailers for programs @Eric Arthur Blair, I've decided not to watch plenty on the basis that the "best bits" are rubbish.

I like Si-Fi, lightweight murder mysteries like Monk, New Tricks & Death in Paradise & Ancient Aliens.

For those interested in Si-Fi Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky's final fillum is on Film4 late tonight.

The Sacrifice (1986)
Art House & International / Classics / Drama
2h 25m
As his family gathers to celebrate his birthday as the threat of nuclear war looms, disillusioned intellectual Alexander tries to strike a bargain with God. Andrei Tarkovsky's final drama, starring Erland Josephson, Susan Fleetwood and Allan Edwall. In Swedish, French and English

9 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

There's always trailers for programs @Eric Arthur Blair, I've decided not to watch plenty on the basis that the "best bits" are rubbish.

I like Si-Fi, lightweight murder mysteries like Monk, New Tricks & Death in Paradise & Ancient Aliens.

For those interested in Si-Fi Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky's final fillum is on Film4 late tonight.

It was going along quite well till THIS. :blink:

So, YOU'RE the one viewer? :rolleyes:

Kidding apart, demonstrates, as if it needed clarification, TV, like music, is very subjective. :thumbs2

Watched Tarkovsy's The Sacrifice this morning - it wasn't a barrel of laughs.

The Sacrifice (1986)
Art House & International / Classics / Drama
2h 25m
As his family gathers to celebrate his birthday as the threat of nuclear war looms, disillusioned intellectual Alexander tries to strike a bargain with God. Andrei Tarkovsky's final drama, starring Erland Josephson, Susan Fleetwood and Allan Edwall. In Swedish, French and English

That was the second one, the first was shown a year or more back. He comes across as a guy who genuinely cares about the job he is doing in what must be very trying circumstances. Interesting to see Kalum Higginbotham pitch up and saying it's better money than he ever earned in Scotland which is bonkers when you see the standard/set up. And yes he seems to like a profanity.

Real Kashmir, David Robertson manages a team in extreme conditions.
An interesting/entertaining watch.
One thing, I think he may have Tourette's. :rolleyes:
Oh, it's on the BBC IPlayer, BBC Scotland. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

That was the second one, the first was shown a year or more back. He comes across as a guy who genuinely cares about the job he is doing in what must be very trying circumstances. Interesting to see Kalum Higginbotham pitch up and saying it's better money than he ever earned in Scotland which is bonkers when you see the standard/set up. And yes he seems to like a profanity.

I'll have a search for the first one.............................now you tell me. :lol:

Aye, interesting about Higginbottom right enough. 

Not sure I'd fancy it, didn't seem too safe to me. 

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The guy obviously cares but I'm quite surprised that this managerial style of constantly ranting and raving has not died a death.

Watching a great Doc which I recorded on BBC4 Sunday night...

Music fine too, his story reminds me of Arthur Louis another great black musician (whose first elpee in 1974 included guest appearances from Mike Oldfield & Eric Clapton) who fell through the cracks in the 70s music industry and didn't release his second and final elpee of original music until 1998.

Review

by David Butcher
Ike White was a musical prodigy. Don’t worry if you haven’t heard of him: he slipped into obscurity as suddenly as he found fame. His 1976 album Changing Times sounds terrific, somewhere between Jimi Hendrix and Gil Scott-Heron, despite being recorded (with the help of producer Jerry Goldstein) while Ike was in prison serving a life sentence for murder: he was freed in 1978 at the age of 32, with help from Stevie Wonder.

At that point, Ike’s story and this jaw-dropping documentary takes the first of several sharp left turns, delivering a series of sad surprises in a sort of collage-profile. “He could have been a big star,” says Goldstein, and he may be right.

Summary

Documentary in which Daniel Vernon tries to track down Ike White, a musical prodigy who was serving life in prison for murder when he was given the opportunity to record an album. The resulting record Changin' Times came out in 1976 and following his release from prison, Whiteseemed to be on the path to redemption, but just as he was charting a course to stardom, he disappeared.

Cast & Crew

Director Dan Vernon
Executive Producer Alison Millar
Producer Vivienne Perry
Producer Rachel Hooper

Edited by Bud the Baker