Telly Programmes

shull

54 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Just watched Artemis Fowl on Disney+.

Really enjoyed it.

Given that it deals with Faeries etc, there are obvious parallels with Harry Potter.

However, I found it much less twee than HP and much preferred the way that faeries were portrayed compared to HP.

Well worth a watch if you're into all that fantasy pish, like me.

Glad to hear that, the movie was stuck in "development hell" for a good few years.

Only took a couple of weeks. 

Will watch the final two episodes of Line Of Duty. 

It has been stunning and sensational and can't wait to settle down tonight and watch the finale while consuming a Chinese Meal. 

17 minutes ago, shull said:

Only took a couple of weeks. 

Will watch the final two episodes of Line Of Duty. 

It has been stunning and sensational and can't wait to settle down tonight and watch the finale while consuming a Chinese Meal. 

I like Line of Duty but it is very formulaic. 

Edited by St.Ricky

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Bring back Mind Your Language ( truly awful "comedy" over and above the racism). Huge Saturday night prime time viewing figures too in the 80s.

If you want to see some “jock bashing “ watch Get some in on talking movies channel. Robert Lindsay plays a teddy boy and Brian Pettifer is the put upon  Jock. Not sure how long it will be available given the current climate 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

Samson & Delilah with Victor Mature, Hedley Lamarr and not in picture George Sanders - letting Samson grow his hair back is proof that the Philistines really were stupid. I think it was Groucho Marx who said he preferred fillums where the leading lady had bigger breasts. :oohlala

Annex%20-%20Lamarr,%20Hedy%20(Samson%20a  

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I would say Killing Eve, quirky and shorter than Luther, so if you don't enjoy it you can move on to the investment in the multiple series of Luther.

Thanks Bud, too late.

I am halfway through the first episode of Luther and enjoying it so far

I'll get to Killing Eve in a few weeks.

I’m in that... after the Iran match.

At the time, I was briefly gutted after the Dutch game.

Soon got over it and enjoyed the rest of the tournament, even supported Holland in the final. (Cos they were European - my home... even though it’d hoped our hosts the Argies would win it until that day...)

Worst bit of the whole experience was when Ayr United’s manager at the time, (can’t recall his name now) told me that, back in Scotland, St Mirren had sacked Fergie!

THEN, I was really gutted.  :(

I’ve got over that too, now.

8 hours ago, antrin said:

Worst bit of the whole experience was when Ayr United’s manager at the time, (can’t recall his name now) told me that, back in Scotland, St Mirren had sacked Fergie!

Wikipedia is my friend.  :)

AlexStuart.  Really nice guy.  Full back for Dundee clubs.

In 1975, Alex took over from Ally McLeod as Ayr’s manager, when Ally went to manage some country or other...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Stuart_(footballer)

in 1978, Alex went to manage fake Saints.  (He’s an east-coaster: there’s none of us perfect, they say...).