Telly Programmes

shull

Not TV but film...

Against my better judgement and the trailers I just watched Rampage... Featuring Dwayne Johnson and a cgi gorilla!

Formulaic. Trite. Predictable...

But a right good, enjoyable switch yer mind off romp!

Ashamed to say that tho the critics panned it and reviews were poor...

I actually enjoyed it.

In fairness... I DO need to get out more!

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Not TV but film...

Against my better judgement and the trailers I just watched Rampage... Featuring Dwayne Johnson and a cgi gorilla!

I actually enjoyed it.

I almost watched this some time ago, it's certainly on my radar.

As you say, not going to win any Oscars but it'll pass 90 mins or so.

PS Are you locked in the house? 

On 6/26/2020 at 12:29 PM, Tommy said:

Profile of the club is on BBC ALBA tonight at 9-30.

Thanks, Tommy.  Had a look at that....  made me even sadder that Danny Mullen won’t be staying....

liked the long view of the Black Cuillin behind MacAuley and the fotie (probably Mackay himself) someone on top of The Cobbler In the other half of the screen.

I almost watched this some time ago, it's certainly on my radar.
As you say, not going to win any Oscars but it'll pass 90 mins or so.
PS Are you locked in the house? 
Furloughed and living with an asthmatic so more or less.

Popping up to work twice a week as a volunteer to do admin and keep things ticking over... But otherwise under house arrest!

On 6/15/2020 at 8:41 PM, shull said:

Thanks Bud, too late.

I am halfway through the first episode of Luther and enjoying it so far

I'll get to Killing Eve in a few weeks.

Finished watching Luther on Saturday. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would give 8/10. Alice was shit hot. 

Started on Killing Eve last night. Watched the first two episodes. 

Very good, looking forward to episodes 3 and 4 tonight. 

Watching European Cup Winners......................................Nottingham Forest.

Brian Clough, one of the managerial greats.

Over achieved is an understatement. 

John Robertson, as recognised by Clough, was his TOP player. 

Trevor Francis was £1m well spent. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

It’s amazing that John McGovern won two European Cups, two English First division titles with Derby and a Forest under Clough and never won a single Scottish cap. Very underrated player and demonstrates how much quality we had in midfield for Scotland during those years.

A great Clough story that has a Paisley slant is when Forest drew Celtic in European competition and Davie Hay was manager of Celtic, Clough took his players to the Hole in the Wa before the game and bought everyone a drink. Legend. I reckon if he had become England manger he would have been very successful if allowed to do it his way. 

Not so sure that his approach would have worked with the majority of England players. 

A pretty unique manager and assembled a unique team.

Peter Shilton possibly at his best. 

Thanks SS
Amazed at how many series there are. Decent adaptations of the books. 
Yeah, as I said previously on the thread because the author is involved it has a real connection go the books, although when the late great Iain Banks was asked to do the screenplay for The Crow Road TV adaptation he declined saying he'd already written it once!

The fact they had a Central defence of Burns and Larry Lloyd too is stunning. Two big no nonsense lumps but when you saw the state of their pitch, absolutely ideal.

Watching European Cup Winners......................................Nottingham Forest.
Brian Clough, one of the managerial greats.
Over achieved is an understatement. 
John Robertson, as recognised by Clough, was his TOP player. 
Trevor Francis was £1m well spent. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The fact they had a Central defence of Burns and Larry Lloyd too is stunning. Two big no nonsense lumps but when you saw the state of their pitch, absolutely ideal.

It was a good watch, never to be repeated, a small club will never manage that again with the amount of money that other clubs have at their disposal. 

On 7/2/2020 at 12:36 AM, BuddieinEK said:

Not TV but film...

I actually enjoyed it.

Just downloaded it, it's tonight's entertainment. 

Saturday night TV is currently mince. 

On 7/6/2020 at 11:16 AM, shull said:

Finished watching Luther on Saturday. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would give 8/10. Alice was shit hot. 

Started on Killing Eve last night. Watched the first two episodes. 

Very good, looking forward to episodes 3 and 4 tonight. 

Will watch the final episode of Killing Eve shortly.

It has been an enjoyable watch.   8/10

On 8/14/2014 at 2:53 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Just finished watching the last Episode of Utopia Series 2 which lived up to the mayhem of the rest of series. death.gifrifle.gif

Left a few openings for a possible third series which I'd love to see although if the writers we're feeling a bit of violence fatigue and didn't think they could maintain the standard for a third series then I'd understand. Utopia and the repeat of Edge of Darkness on BBC3 have been the highlights of this summer's TV for me.

US TV network Amazon Prime are about to produce a Yankee version of the show - hopefully they won't tone down the violence although I will probably never know.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/utopia-writer-explains-differences-from-original-series/ar-BB178oIG?ocid=msedgntp 

• 3 weeks later...

New series on Sky Atlantic (108) tonight starts @9pm Lovecratft Country.

I'm assuming it's based (loosely) on the writings of HP Lovecraft early 20th Century novelist who although not overly successful himself was influential in the fantasy/horror genres. 

I say loosely because his views on race amongst other issues could most charitably be described as, erm, old-fashioned.

Authors who have named him as an influence influence include Clive Barker, Stephen King & Neil Gaiman.

Sky are really hitting olde-timey writers these days as I also note they are showing programs based on the work of early 20th Century lady-writer of erotica (smutty books) Anais Nin.

How do people find time to watch all this TV - my viewing has increased since lockdown but I've missed the Nin series and am unlikely to find time to watch the Lovecraft one.