Telly Programmes

shull

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Not in the slightest, no. 

No, no, no - never crossed his mind.  :lol:

Probably also liked 2 white candidates for Georgia and disliked the 2 black ones - simply because of the party they support, of course.

I wonder which side might prevail?  And I hope everyone is happy about the democratic result!

:unsure:

Yeah that would be a wee bonus for the left erm centre right in the states if they could get control of the Senate.

Unfortunately the carnage Trump created may take decades to fade away with the Supreme Court being controlled by proper right wingers.

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

the Supreme Court being controlled by proper right wingers.

PROPER right wingers who refused to do Trump's bidding.

They might just be 'honest' brokers' after all...  :)

(I know, I know... my temperament leads me to be always too optimistic)

23 minutes ago, antrin said:

PROPER right wingers who refused to do Trump's bidding.

They might just be 'honest' brokers' after all...  :)

(I know, I know... my temperament leads me to be always too optimistic)

Well maybe I overegged the pudding and they will strive to be impartial but did anyone outside of the Duelling Banjos community think Trump's electoral fraud allegations were true?

A duelling banjo, yesterday

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I watched that the other night. I’m 100% sure I’ve seen a BBC documentary before about Gerry.

Maybe it was the same one! One of the benefits of a brain injury is that you can get to enjoy things again! 

To be honest I’m sure it’s the same one as Billy Connolly looks so damn healthy in it so it was a good few years ago and I don’t think he was a Sir when it was filmed.

It was originally produced by Rab Noakes and shown shortly after Gerry's death in 2011. 

I recorded it while on N/S, presuming it was rescreened on Jan 4th it would've been 10 years to the day. :(

It was originally produced by Rab Noakes and shown shortly after Gerry's death in 2011. 
I recorded it while on N/S, presuming it was rescreened on Jan 4th it would've been 10 years to the day. [emoji20]

Pretty sure you're right about the first time it was on but it was shown a couple of weeks before Christmas as part of a Scottish night (BBC4 maybe?) then repeated (again) the other night for the 10th anniversary.

Got to say, cant beat a bit of bangers and cash on yesterday channel. If you are into classic cars that is. Like being back at Reid Kerr on day release in days before you needed a laptop to find out what was wrong with a car🙂

In fact crypton tuners were becoming more common  place at the time😯

Just finished watching the third and final part of Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema series on BBC4 which is prob'ly available on iPlayer or something. In the final episode I still couldn't keep my eyes open (sic) for that famous scene from Un Chien Andalou. I'd recommend.

Might watch David Baddiel's documentary on Holocaust Denial later tonight or I might go to bed...

Edited by Bud the Baker

• 2 weeks later...