Telly Programmes

shull

On 2/23/2021 at 4:33 AM, RichardBuddie said:

Just read this now, this very subject came up on our team call yesterday morning, to me it’s like a form of positive discrimination - TalkSPORT as well as Sky have gone mad with this over the last six months, IMO its clearly wrong as to why or whatever reason the opportunities were not there before and it’s great to correct it, but not with overkill and hire good quality.

The colour of skin doesn’t guarantee good punditry, again IMO Jenas (mentioned on an earlier thread is quality), Richards is dire, I like Ferdinand and I think Robbie Savage is pants.

All about personal taste I guess!!

Football focus back at it again, from nowhere, as far as I know, Jermaine Beckford.

Not the worst TBH but, ach, PC gone mad. 

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Watched the first episode today, quite a slow start but sets up the rest of the series quite nicely. 

I've watched the whole thing and, without giving anything away, don't expect it to get much faster. It is a reasonable watch and you could compare the pace of it with the likes of Bosch.

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just watching Return to Dunblane, 25 years on, heart breaking when they read out the children's names and ages, 5 and 6 years old along with their teacher.

Not sure I'd ever get over that if it had been one of my children.

That was a tough watch, very tough.

On 3/11/2021 at 10:06 PM, Cumbriansaint72 said:

That was a tough watch, very tough.

Today is the 25th anniversary, still almost unbelievable. 

Back then information wasn't as immediate as it is today, reports were patchy and the enormity didn't become apparent for a while.

We have driven through/past Dunblane hundreds of times, before and after this tragic day, and it comes to mind most times.

Yeah I remember being in the Clean Room at work (pre baking daze for me) - hearing about it was one of those JFK moments.

I caught a few minutes at the end of the program whilst in the canteen at work but can't say it still affected me - maybe I'm just callous these days, but I feel these anniversaries should be for those personally affected by the events. Still in these post-Diana days perhaps we're all entitled to a share of the grief.

Obviously in this age of social media the concept of the stiff upper lip which was not just a British phenomenon (Japan shared this attitude) and was described as necessary for survival by furners like Freud & Dylan (Bob).

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah I remember being in the Clean Room at work (pre baking daze for me) - hearing about it was one of those JFK moments.

I caught a few minutes at the end of the program whilst in the canteen at work but can't say it still affected me - maybe I'm just callous these days, but I feel these anniversaries should be for those personally affected by the events. Still in these post-Diana days perhaps we're all entitled to a share of the grief.

Obviously in this age of social media the concept of the stiff upper lip which was not just a British phenomenon (Japan shared this attitude) and was described as necessary for survival by furners like Freud & Dylan (Bob).

National semiconductors or Motorola? 

For an octogenarian Ridley's been pretty busy this year...

Blade Runner: Black Lotus (TV Series) (executive producer - 12 episodes) (announced)
- Episode #1.1 (2021) ... (executive producer)
- Episode #1.13 ... (executive producer)
- Episode #1.12 ... (executive producer)
- Episode #1.11 ... (executive producer)
- Episode #1.9 ... (executive producer)
 The Hot Zone: Anthrax (TV Series) (executive producer - 1 episode) (pre-production)
- Episode #1.1 ... (executive producer)
 CURS>R (TV Series) (executive producer) (filming)
 2021Gucci (producer) (filming)
 2021Naked Singularity (executive producer) (post-production)
 2021The Last Duel (producer) (post-production)
 2021Death on the Nile (producer) (completed)
and that's just as a producer he;s also done a bit of directing

Alien (TV Series) (executive producer - 1 episode) (announced)
- Pilot ... (executive producer)
 Pompeii (TV Series) (executive producer - 2 episodes) (announced)
- Dawn ... (executive producer)
- New Day ... (executive producer)
Edited by Bud the Baker

I've been dipping in and out watching The Voice this year, mainly as Saturday night TV has been poor.

Young Scottish guy caught my attention straight away, he has something about him.

Glad to say he won last night, although The Voice has a poor track record in producing anybody that is heard off after the programme.

I hope he makes something of himself, comes across very humble and has a unique voice/style.

Craig Eddie.......................

• 2 weeks later...

This blew me away......who would have thought mackerel communicate with each other by farting! 
joking aside, it also throws up some massive dilemmas about the fishing industry and basically continued human existence. Global warming, Ebola, slavery, it’s all here.