Telly Programmes

shull

Must be me. Just a different sense of humour 

Is Scots Squad a documentary or comedy ? I have given it a go over the years and tonight.

0/10 , not at all funny, I haven't laughed once  . Like, Gary Tank Commander and Limmy, I find them all crap .

Whereas, Still Game, Not Going Out and Two Doors Down, I find hilarious.

9 minutes ago, shull said:

Must be me. Just a different sense of humour 

Is Scots Squad a documentary or comedy ? I have given it a go over the years and tonight.

0/10 , not at all funny, I haven't laughed once  . Like, Gary Tank Commander and Limmy, I find them all crap .

Whereas, Still Game, Not Going Out and Two Doors Down, I find hilarious.

Everyone has a different take on what’s funny . 

love all three of the ones you quote as liking but I cannot abide Mrs Browns Boys which I know you find hilarious.  ETA, can’t get Gary TC or Limmy either .

Each to their own I suppose.

I’m led to believe there are even people out there who say Michael McIntyre is funny 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

I am not too keen on Burnistoun. Very few laughs.

Michael McIntyre doing Stand Up is okay.

My favourite Stand Up comedians are, Billy Connolly, Jimmy Carr, George Carlin, Frankie Boyle and Kevin Bridges.

I seen John Bishop live a few years ago . He was funny 

Edited by shull

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Flicked onto Bowie at Glastonbury, 2000, last night.

I'm not a Bowie fan, liked most of his singles but never purchased an album, but he certainly had something special.

His confidence when performing live, his look at this time was cooler than cool and he just strolled through his set. :happyclapper

He spoke to the crowd at the start and said he had lost his voice a few days earlier to laryngitis and was worried it might go again. Outstanding talent.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Flicked onto Bowie at Glastonbury, 2000, last night.

I'm not a Bowie fan, liked most of his singles but never purchased an album, but he certainly had something special.

His confidence when performing live, his look at this time was cooler than cool and he just strolled through his set. :happyclapper

Was at his concert in 1983 at Murrayfield and it was excellent. 

Also got my 1st LP of him off my mate, by winning a card game on the way to Newquay in 1974  :lol:

On 1/6/2022 at 1:11 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Eventually caught up with watching The Mandalorian on Disney .  Absolutely awesome 😎 😎😎

If you are a Star Wars fan and haven’t seen it yet , it’s a must .

If you’re not into Star Wars - mibbee not your thing .

The book of Boba Fett is pretty good also. I am not really a big Star Wars fan, however the way Disney have made these two series is pretty cool. 

8 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The book of Boba Fett is pretty good also. I am not really a big Star Wars fan, however the way Disney have made these two series is pretty cool. 

Yeah, Like many other SW fans, there was a real worry that Disney would f**k about with it too much but quite the opposite has happened. 
The new episodes have gone back to be more akin to Ep IV with more live action and costume rather than green screen & cartoon. 

Eventually caught up with watching The Mandalorian on Disney .  Absolutely awesome [emoji41] [emoji41][emoji41]
If you are a Star Wars fan and haven’t seen it yet , it’s a must .
If you’re not into Star Wars - mibbee not your thing .

We love mandalorian in our house , new series is being filmed already

Going to watch the spin off as mentioned above starting this weekend [emoji4]

On 1/6/2022 at 8:24 PM, FTOF said:

It was excellent.

A seamless transition from the Sarlacc's digestive system......................................

Hopefully get to watch the second episode this weekend.

My favourite programme at present.

Watched episodes 2 and 3 and not disappointed.

If you're in anyway interested in Star Wars, this is in the "must watch" category.

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just "caught" the last 10 minutes of Death in paradise.

Tragic acting, lazy writing, same story, different washed up actors week after week and probably costing the BBC a fortune.

Surely TV for the brain dead? 

You seem to watch it every week .

Why are you always abusing people who you believe have mental illness ?

A new series starts tonight on ITV at 9:00pm, Trigger Point.

Certainly getting plenty of decent reviews. 

Explosives Officers Lana Washington and Joel Nutkins are called out to investigate a potential bomb factory in a London housing estate, but there's no sign of the bomb makers. Washington and Nutkins defuse an IED, but its complexity suggests they're dealing with sophisticated terrorists. As the police evacuate residents from the estate, an even deadlier terrorist threat emerges and Lana and Joel work against the clock to save as many lives as possible.

Edited by faraway saint

A new series starts tonight on ITV at 9:00pm, Trigger Point.
Certainly getting plenty of decent reviews. 
Explosives Officers Lana Washington and Joel Nutkins are called out to investigate a potential bomb factory in a London housing estate, but there's no sign of the bomb makers. Washington and Nutkins defuse an IED, but its complexity suggests they're dealing with sophisticated terrorists. As the police evacuate residents from the estate, an even deadlier terrorist threat emerges and Lana and Joel work against the clock to save as many lives as possible.

Sounds like a St Mirren transfer window [emoji1]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just started watching "Our House" on ITV, Martin Compton, usually in decent productions, although, at the moment, the storylines still a bit unclear. :lol:

After watching the first episode it's all still a bit of a mystery, I suppose that's deliberate but the final few minutes were, well, more than unlikely so kinda put me off a bit TBH. 

Just happened to come across "Gold Rush:White Water", utter gash.

The lame attempts by the producers to dramatise anything is making it a comedy. :lol:

I actually watched similar programmes when I was in Saudi didn't have much choice, and they all followed the same script, as did Bear Gryll's, piss poor production, low quality TV and should be binned.