Telly Programmes

shull

Just happened to come across "Gold Rush:White Water", utter gash.
The lame attempts by the producers to dramatise anything is making it a comedy. :lol:
I actually watched similar programmes when I was in Saudi didn't have much choice, and they all followed the same script, as did Bear Gryll's, piss poor production, low quality TV and should be binned. 

Our house are fans of GOLD RUSH watched every series

White water however ? I agree, pretty poor

I watch Outback Truckers ( not a euphemism ) and Ice Road Rescue

Good wee tea time fillers for easy watching

Currently watching the new Billy Connolly series - quite enjoyable

On 3/7/2022 at 9:15 PM, faraway saint said:

Just started watching "Our House" on ITV, Martin Compton, usually in decent productions, although, at the moment, the storylines still a bit unclear. :lol:

I tried, I really did, to stick with this, started to watch episode 2 yesterday but it went way beyond the realms of possibility so I binned it after 20 odd minutes. :byebye

On 3/7/2022 at 9:15 PM, faraway saint said:

Just started watching "Our House" on ITV, Martin Compton, usually in decent productions, although, at the moment, the storylines still a bit unclear. :lol:

On 3/11/2022 at 8:07 AM, faraway saint said:

I tried, I really did, to stick with this, started to watch episode 2 yesterday but it went way beyond the realms of possibility so I binned it after 20 odd minutes. :byebye

Reading quite a few reviews that slated this, especially the ending.

Glad I bailed out, looked like the producers were trying to be too smart and throw in pish "twists and turns" with no real sense. 

One frustrated viewer tweeted: "#OurHouse waste of 4 nights of my life for that ending."

On 3/10/2022 at 3:54 PM, Scott-Leeds said:

Our house are fans of GOLD RUSH watched every series

White water however ? I agree, pretty poor

I watch Outback Truckers ( not a euphemism ) and Ice Road Rescue

Good wee tea time fillers for easy watching

Currently watching the new Billy Connolly series - quite enjoyable

You reminded me of a programme that I would record (on after 1130pm) way back in 2003...... don’t know what it was about it, but I found it really relaxing........could have been the voice of Bill Nighy 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

47 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

You reminded me of a programme that I would record (on after 1130pm) way back in 2003...... don’t know what it was about it, but I found it really relaxing........could have been the voice of Bill Nighy 

It credits a Malcolm Brown with narration.

Nighy is great but oh, so….  Casual….

3 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

The genuinely funny stuff will be on after the watershed once the filler has been dispensed with, hopefully, fortunately no sign of the uniquely unfunny Mrs Brown stuff so far.

Spot on, the stunning AJ Odudu with Vernon are a pretty good double act and the sketches have been good.

Costing me a fortune. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The thief, his wife and the canoe is quality drama. 

Must be in with a shout of awards when the BAFTA's come around.

Eddie Marsan & Monica Dolan have been excellent.

Monica Dolan has portrayed the poor wife in a troubled emotional journey that is impossible to understand how difficult it must have been to go through what she went through.