Telly Programmes

shull

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, the new crew have been brave enough to change the format, as you say, more entertaining without talking about horses and power all the time.

The item on trucks last night was quite interesting and amusing. 

Sadly the TV police have told me it’s shite, so I’m not going to watch it ever again. 

I was fortunate to get tickets some years ago to attend filming of Top Gear, was great to see behind the scenes and the banter between the TG Guys and with the audience was great . 👍

like others I felt they had gone off the boil and lost their spark so was time for a shake up , The Evans , le blanc era was absolutely shit and I had my doubts about the new lot at first but they’ve gelled well and probably the right mix for TG in the 2020s .
Glad they kept Chris Harris in the mix, Great driver and very knowledgable .

The TV in the summer months is poor, mainly because there's no football to break up the normal average offerings.

Last night watched The Savoy, pretty normal "fly on the wall" stuff but one thing they practice deserved credit.

Every employee, on completion of a three month probationary period, is treated to an overnight stay with all the pomp that goes with it.

Last night focussed on a wee cleaning lady, a bubbly soul, and her obvious joy at the reward, something she was unlikely to ever afford.

7 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Watched first episode of Season three of umbrella academy on Netflix, brilliant stuff 👍🏻

I watched the first series, or most of it, can't remember when this would have been, quite liked it, my kind of thing.

I'd need to rewatch most of it, before even trying to get into series 2 and 3. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

TRNSMT, on BBC Scotland.

Usual mix of excellent and not so excellent performers and performances.

Sam Fender, outstanding for me.

Nutini, great singer but a wee bit too self indulgent with too many songs from an album just released over a week ago.

As @Eric Arthur Blair recently mentioned about Neil Young (I think) playing too many "new songs" can lose the crowd. 

Stand out was "These Streets",  just him and an acoustic guitar, excellent vocals and feeling, top class. 

I was surprised it's been 8 years since his last album, I'd have guessed about 5, time flys. 

Looking forward to Sunday when Mr Lewis Capaldi makes a return, hard act to follow after the success of his first album. 

Just finished The Lincoln Lawyer, excellent throughout and the last episode was very well written.

I'll not divulge anything but the whole series is well worth a watch.

Glad to see another series has been agreed.

Started watching The Terminal List last night, pretty straightforward story, revenge, can't beat a bit of revenge.

Continuing watching it tonight, an easy watch. 

On 5/18/2022 at 7:54 PM, shull said:

Last ever episode of Derry Girls at 9  tonight. 

On for over an hour.

Cannae wait.

Hope Uncle Colm makes an appearance. One of the best.

It's been an excellent comedy over the last 3 series.

Brilliant :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 9:54 PM, faraway saint said:

Just finished The Lincoln Lawyer, excellent throughout and the last episode was very well written.

I'll not divulge anything but the whole series is well worth a watch.

Glad to see another series has been agreed.

Started watching The Terminal List last night, pretty straightforward story, revenge, can't beat a bit of revenge.

Continuing watching it tonight, an easy watch. 

Just finished episode 5, stepped up the revenge mission.

Chris Pratt must be minted, he been in millions of films/TV series. :lol:

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Been watching "Million Pound Motorhomes" for a few weeks.

I enjoy the design and engineering involved.

Not quite sure I fancy the actual reality, although I am under some pressure from Mrs Faraway.

I could easily live without trying this particular experience but who knows. 

We have been watching it, keep have to remind Mrs CS that I actually don't own stagecoach just work for them when she gets daft ideas🤣🤣

Edited by Cumbriansaint72

Not quite sure I fancy the actual reality, although I am under some pressure from Mrs Faraway.
The country roads in Scotland make large motorhomes impractical. You'd be better of with a wee VW camper sized vehicle. Less room in it, but you can get to more places. No matter what you may go for, the prices just now are extortionate.

10 hours ago, Slarti said:
13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The country roads in Scotland make large motorhomes impractical. You'd be better of with a wee VW camper sized vehicle. Less room in it, but you can get to more places. No matter what you may go for, the prices just now are extortionate.

In 2019 we hired a decent sized 6 Berth motorhome for just the two of us, we went for the bigger vehicle as we wanted our bed permanently made up to avoid pulling out bunks , the VW transporters look great but couldn’t be arsed with the setting up every night .
We did the Hebrides and western highlands , Absolutely fantastic but there were a few roads that made us question the wisdom of hiring a decent sized motorhome !!  
id do it again in a heartbeat and would recommend anyone to get out there and explore our fantastic wee country .

The freedom you get with the motorhome is great , but I’d say it’s not for those who aren’t confident drivers , and believe me we saw quite a few of them on our travels 🙄