Telly Programmes

shull

Question on this evening's The Chase.

Who is the patron saint of the Scottish town of Paisley?

A St.Bruno

B St.Hilda

C St.Mirren*

Contestant said, "It can't be St.Mirren, that's a football team" and duly answered St.Hilda.

The Chaser (Paul Sinha) said to the contestant, on answering correctly, "You'll never guess which town St.Mirren play out of".:rolleyes:

* Strictly speaking I'd have thought that St.Mirin should have been the correct spelling. Although history has recorded him as being known as St. Mirren (of Benchor.)

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A St.Bruno

B St.Hilda

C St.Mirren*

Contestant said, "It can't be St.Mirren, that's a football team" and duly answered St.Hilda.

The Chaser (Paul Sinha) said to the contestant, on answering correctly, "You'll never guess which town St.Mirren play out of".:rolleyes:

* Strictly speaking I'd have thought that St.Mirin should have been the correct spelling. Although history has recorded him as being known as St. Mirren (of Benchor.)

Saw that too

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A St.Bruno

B St.Hilda

C St.Mirren*

Mrs faraway told me about it, the whole team are not the brightest, although the wee woman at the end is half reasonable.

PS Spoke too soon, she failed miserably leaving a guy who looks like he'd struggle to tie his laces. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Mrs faraway told me about it, the whole team are not the brightest, although the wee woman at the end is half reasonable.

PS Spoke too soon, she failed miserably leaving a guy who looks like he'd struggle to tie his laces. :rolleyes:

If he gets more than 6 in total I'll be surprised.

43 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A St.Bruno

B St.Hilda

C St.Mirren*

Well known that when he landed Border force asked him his name…

next question was  “How do you spell that??” 

In fact several spellings and even an island of Loch Lomond named after him.

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The use of "flash back" scenes almost always seems lazy to me, and adds little to the programme.

The Terminal List uses this quite often, padding it out needlessly.

That apart, quite enjoyable, episode 7, only one to go after this. :thumbs2

Without giving anything away the last episode is really good if you've enjoyed the rest! Return of Shetland tonight too.

11 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Without giving anything away the last episode is really good if you've enjoyed the rest! Return of Shetland tonight too.

Aye, I decided to complete the series, didn't disappoint, couple of nice twists to finish it off.

A strong 9/10 for me, losing .5 for unnecessary flashback scenes. 😉

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The use of "flash back" scenes almost always seems lazy to me, and adds little to the programme.

The Terminal List uses this quite often, padding it out needlessly.

That apart, quite enjoyable, episode 7, only one to go after this. :thumbs2

Started watching this and gave up as it was all over the place.

Have been watching "Queen of the South" (not the football team) on Netflix. Now on season 4 (out of 5) and it's been excellent.

Fictional story about a drug cartels, set in Mexico and USA southern states primarily, where a woman is working her way up to be head of a drug cartel. Some really good characters in it.

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Started watching this and gave up as it was all over the place.

Have been watching "Queen of the South" (not the football team) on Netflix. Now on season 4 (out of 5) and it's been excellent.

Fictional story about a drug cartels, set in Mexico and USA southern states primarily, where a woman is working her way up to be head of a drug cartel. Some really good characters in it.

It's, Queen of the South, on my list. 👍

Amazon has a number of good offerings on the go. They seem to pick up quirky films that weren’t big box office but are a good watch. “Waking Ned” is one of those. Won’t ever win any awards. A gentle comedy set in Ireland around a lottery win.

Edited by Rascal