Telly Programmes

shull

1 minute ago, StanleySaint said:

Just watched 'I killed my dad' on Netflix, fascinating programme charting how all is not always as it seems.

Sounds like something my wife would be interested in. Hope she doesn’t consider I arranging a new documentary “I killed my husband”.

She is fascinated by understanding how police forces use all manner of forensics to nail murderers.

I think she knows enough to kill me and leave no trace. 

I used to stay in a dodgy area down south where some drug dealers “disappeared” due to a “misunderstanding” with a Hells Angels chapter.

The word on the street was they were fed to pigs.

When asked by the police during the door to door investigations if I knew anything.

Not a fcukin chance!

🙈🙉 🙊

Been watching "The Rise and Fall of the Marsh Pride", a long running documentary series over many years about the ups and downs of a swarm of lions. 😉

Brilliant, enthralling, brutal and sad.

Superb record of the ongoing battle between lions, their natural predators and the difficult relationship with humans. 

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Been watching "The Rise and Fall of the Marsh Pride", a long running documentary series over many years about the ups and downs of a swarm of lions. 😉

Brilliant, enthralling, brutal and sad.

Superb record of the ongoing battle between lions, their natural predators and the difficult relationship with humans. 

Watched a bit of that the other night, very upsetting when they got poisoned by the maasai folk. 

A marvellous Monday on tv.

Only Connect is gloriously back!

Followed by University Challenge new series, then a documentary about University Challenge, ending with a movie with its plot centred round University Challenge!!

Superb programming- and only 3 beers.  :)

3 hours ago, antrin said:

A marvellous Monday on tv.

Only Connect is gloriously back!

Followed by University Challenge new series, then a documentary about University Challenge, ending with a movie with its plot centred round University Challenge!!

Superb programming- and only 3 beers.  :)

Good boy!

The Rings of Power being released on 2nd September, the follow up to Lord of the Rings.

I tried to watch Lord of the Rings, in theory it should have been right up my street but after 3 series I was really struggling, it never really grabbed me and none of the characters were interesting enough to persuade me to watch any more. 

This looks stunning, and I'll give it a go. :thumbs2

50 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The Rings of Power being released on 2nd September, the follow up to Lord of the Rings.

I tried to watch Lord of the Rings, in theory it should have been right up my street but after 3 series I was really struggling, it never really grabbed me and none of the characters were interesting enough to persuade me to watch any more. 

This looks stunning, and I'll give it a go. :thumbs2

It's a prequel.

Does look good though.