Telly Programmes

shull

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Recorded "Bryan Ferry: BBC One Sessions" last night.

Just watching it right now, he's superb live, just oozes class and confidence. :thumbs2

PS This was filmed in 2007. 

Yep , really good . Apart from his own songs , done a couple of really good covers 👍

On 8/30/2022 at 7:18 PM, faraway saint said:

The Rings of Power being released on 2nd September, the follow up to Lord of the Rings.

I tried to watch Lord of the Rings, in theory it should have been right up my street but after 3 series I was really struggling, it never really grabbed me and none of the characters were interesting enough to persuade me to watch any more. 

This looks stunning, and I'll give it a go. :thumbs2

Just watched the first episode, more than interesting enough to get me hooked, important to keep me interested.

The graphics/CGI are, as expected, superb.

Plenty of characters that are strong enough to allow me to "buy into" them. 

PS My reference above to "Lord of the Rings" was pish, I'd watched 3 series of Game of Thrones. :lol:

I'm an eejit. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

30 minutes ago, shull said:

Watching Stewart Lee doing Stand Up on BBC2.

The audience are laughing.

I haven't laughed yet. I don't find him funny. I don't find Lenny Henry funny. The two of them would send me to sleep.

Still watching.

Still not laughed.

I will watch till the end.

Just watched the first episode, more than interesting enough to get me hooked, important to keep me interested.
PS My reference above to "Lord of the Rings" was pish, I'd watched 3 series of Game of Thrones. [emoji38]
Watched the first 2 episodes, looks like it could be interesting, even with Lenny Henry in it (to be fair, he's a better actor than he is a comedian).

Is it just a coincidence that you stopped watching GoT when they cut back on the nudity? :whistle

Just now, Slarti said:

Watched the first 2 episodes, looks like it could be interesting, even with Lenny Henry in it (to be fair, he's a better actor than he is a comedian).

Is it just a coincidence that you stopped watching GoT when they cut back on the nudity? :whistle

No idea as I don't recall much nudity, although it was just as the dragons were about to appear so maybe I choose the wrong time to bail out.

Wasting about 30 hours of my life, albeit in Saudi where time was plentiful, was enough. 

No idea as I don't recall much nudity, although it was just as the dragons were about to appear so maybe I choose the wrong time to bail out.
Wasting about 30 hours of my life, albeit in Saudi where time was plentiful, was enough. 
It was commonly referred to as "Tits and Dragons".

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

PS My reference above to "Lord of the Rings" was pish, I'd watched 3 series of Game of Thrones. :lol:

I'm a big Tolkien fan, and indeed did a dissertation involving the subsidiary characters from the books, but I digress, am not sure whether this series is based however loosely on The Silmarillion, which was quite a slow read, but it does look visually spectacular, MrsS isn't much of a fan so may struggle to get time to watch on the big telly. Would be interested on hearing how it goes though.

29 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I'm a big Tolkien fan, and indeed did a dissertation involving the subsidiary characters from the books, but I digress, am not sure whether this series is based however loosely on The Silmarillion, which was quite a slow read, but it does look visually spectacular, MrsS isn't much of a fan so may struggle to get time to watch on the big telly. Would be interested on hearing how it goes though.

I took advantage of me being "off" today and blasted on with the 2nd episode.

Still good, slightly slow at times, but I can live with that as it's building up the role of the characters.

Also watched the first set of the star match at the US Open, Kyrgios v Medvedev.........................................Nick won the first set on a very long tie break.

I'm away to find out the score, that was late enough. :lol:

QUITE a slow read??? It literally took me over 10 years to finish reading that. Sometimes I could only manage half a page before I had to get away from it for a couple of months to let my brain recover.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started "Devil in Ohio",  interesting story, a teenager escapes from a cult and is taken home by a hospital psychiatrist.

It's got "big mistake" written all over it. 

Not great so far TBH, none of the characters are really grabbing me, only finished episode 1, I'll give it time. 

Edited by faraway saint

Just started "Devin in Ohio",  interesting story, a teenager escapes from a cult and is taken home by a hospital psychiatrist.
Not great so far TBH, none of the characters are really grabbing me, only finished episode 1, I'll give it time. 
Devin???

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:
9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Just started "Devin in Ohio",  interesting story, a teenager escapes from a cult and is taken home by a hospital psychiatrist.

Devin???

Thanks for that. :byebye

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just started "Devil in Ohio",  interesting story, a teenager escapes from a cult and is taken home by a hospital psychiatrist.

2nd episode got a wee but more interesting. 

Aye, I'll continue till the end, I fink.  😉