Telly Programmes

shull

Tuned into "Colin & Justins Hotel Hell" last night as there wasn't much on I fancied.

Turned out to be reasonable, if fairly predictable.

I was surprised they seemed surprised with the severe weather in the winter, taking into account the location. :lol:

Colin and Justin's Hotel Hell follows the popular Scottish couple as they undertake their biggest challenge ever.

The new four part series sees interior designers, Colin McAllister and Justin Ryan, who have presented many successful TV shows including How Not To Decorate, The Million Pound Property Experiment and Colin and Justin's Home Heist, take on the riskiest venture of their lives when they move to a small coastal town in rural Canada to become first-time hoteliers.

Over the course of the series, the couple who moved to Canada in 2008 and split their time between there and the UK, are seen putting blood, sweat and tears into transforming the 22-bedroom hotel in Cape Breton which they purchased during lockdown, in a bid to turn it into a successful business. 

6 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Watched Strictly under sufference after MrsS has recorded it on Sat, was it really as bad as I thought or was it just because I was forced to watch it?

Due to the football I never tuned into the first episode but I'll be tuning in for almost all of the remaining Saturday nights.

I only watch for the celebrities performances, I can't name one of the "professional" dancers, that's my wifes department.

I do admire the improvements in some of the celebs, and the workrate they put in.

I'll give you my tips in a few weeks after I've given them my usual scrutiny. :lol:

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Due to the football I never tuned into the first episode but I'll be tuning in for almost all of the remaining Saturday nights.

I only watch for the celebrities performances, I can't name one of the "professional" dancers, that's my wifes department.

I do admire the improvements in some of the celebs, and the workrate they put in.

I'll give you my tips in a few weeks after I've given them my usual scrutiny. :lol:

15 celebs this year, trust me 5 too many to start with!!

Graham Norton show, said it before, he's a genius, no matter the guests he makes the show entertaining.

Tonight he had Stormzy (A seriously nice guy) Geena Davis (Very humble) the brilliant Stephen Graham (down to earth) and the slightly mad Motsi mabuse (Strictly Come Dancing Fame)

Highly entertaining, giving all the guests the chance to be the stars.

On Stephen Graham, his "The Walk In" is extremely high drama, slowly building up with every episode. 

He was once mistaken as "Craig" from big brother, which he found hilarious, by a fellow actor so the production cast all had "We Love Craig" T-shirts made. :lol:

So… Serious query….  I never saw any of the series…

Was there a sense of humour, fun, madness in Peaky Blinders?

I’ve now seen the first couple of episodes of SAS Rogue Heroes (made, I believe by some of the PB team) and it really is pretty witty.

And mildly violent (there WAS a war on…) and anarchic.  It’s not “true history”….  But great fun.

Well worth following the rest of the series.