Telly Programmes

shull

6 hours ago, antrin said:

So… Serious query….  I never saw any of the series…

Was there a sense of humour, fun, madness in Peaky Blinders?

I’ve now seen the first couple of episodes of SAS Rogue Heroes (made, I believe by some of the PB team) and it really is pretty witty.

And mildly violent (there WAS a war on…) and anarchic.  It’s not “true history”….  But great fun.

Well worth following the rest of the series.

Watched the first episode last night, pretty decent.

I'm still trying to buy into the main characters, this is something that seems to be a necessity for me.

I'll see how it goes over the next week or two before I decide to see it out. 

On 10/24/2022 at 1:38 PM, stlucifer said:

Sorry for the spoiler. It is only for a 3-part special then we get Ncuti. An unfortunate name mind you.

I know.

Still better than nothing. Draws in the viewers before an unknown entity.

Thought the episode itself was very good.

12 hours ago, antrin said:

I’ve now seen the first couple of episodes of SAS Rogue Heroes (made, I believe by some of the PB team) and it really is pretty witty.

And mildly violent (there WAS a war on…) and anarchic.  It’s not “true history”….  But great fun.

Watched it as well, quite enjoyed it and will watch the rest of the series interview with the main actors on the BBC site today, interesting reading.

On 10/30/2022 at 11:40 PM, antrin said:

Seen all episodes now.

Great fun all the way through.  A tale well told! :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0d5z0xy

Edited by antrin

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant cowboys, cavalry, goodies, baddies, injuns series that I binge-watched last week.  The English.  All 6 episodes on iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0d5vxl7/the-english-series-1-1-what-you-want-and-what-you-need#xtor=CS8-1000-[Frontpage_Billboard]-[Sport_Billboard]-[Sport_Billboard]-[PS_IPLAYER~N~p0d5vxl7~P_TheEnglishS1E1]

lovely filming in the Spanish landscape just outside Madrid.  I’d initially assumed it was Stateside, and wondered why there were so many UK actors, not Yanks…

densely plotted (my wummin gave up) but lovely story-telling. Gritty, brutish, realistic… and pretty funny, too.

best thing on telly for years.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

This year's two doors down Christmas special was really great. Well acted, funny and also emotional. Elain C Smith really is a national treasure comedy and emotional acting at the same time. She deserves a BAFTA fir the Christmas special and last season of two doors down. 

I watched it again tonight

Absolutely fantastic.

Totally agree with your post especially regarding Elaine C Smith.

She is a Scottish legend