Telly Programmes

shull

29 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Started watching Miranda for the first time over the festive season, never watched it when it was out the first time so watching on Gold now, hate to admit it, but she is actually pretty funny, old school physical comedy with some look to the camera one liners. 

Vastly underrated.  👍

On 1/4/2023 at 8:15 PM, StanleySaint said:

Watched 2022 a year from space, documentary featuring footage from satellite imagery, fascinating stuff.

Watched this yesterday, underwhelmed TBH.

Could just have easily been a review of the year, the pictures/views from space really weren't as dramatic as I'd hoped.

23 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Watched the first episode over the weekend.

Superb TV, hard to believe it was 7 years since the last series.

They did give a very quick recap and this series looks as if it'll be as good as the previous 2.

Sarah Lancashire is simply superb. :thumbs2

Saw an interview with the creator Sally Wainwright in which she said it was always the intention to do a third series to give Ryan the time to grow into a stroppy teenager who would be prepared to defy Catherine, they wanted to use the same actor so needed to wait for him to age appropriately before filming it. The passage of time has done the anticipation of the new series no harm at all either.

On 1/5/2023 at 2:02 PM, beyond our ken said:

There is new trailer on Prime for The Rig, my son is a very small bit-player in it and can be seen jumping to his feet at 1 min 37 seconds.  2nd row, extreme right.  He was on the set 19 months ago, bigger stuff in the pipeline for him this year.

I watched the whole series on Friday with a finger on the "pause" button in case i missed any of Junior's blink and you'll miss it appearances.

A good story, but they obviously spent too much on the set (which was very convincing) and not enough on the CGI.  Compston gave his bog-standard performance minus facial expresions due to his recenly enhanced hamster-cheeks.  The wee Canadian bird was poor as well but a great performance from the guy who played the "we're doomed I tell ye" chef.  I have to admit, Iain Glen had me thinking he was less than half-heated until his character's epiphany which put the whole performance in context.  Mark Addy stole the show but he usually does.  Series 2 shooting from this summer in Leith again, I hear

On 1/8/2023 at 9:40 PM, faraway saint said:

Watched the first episode over the weekend.

Superb TV, hard to believe it was 7 years since the last series.

They did give a very quick recap and this series looks as if it'll be as good as the previous 2.

Sarah Lancashire is simply superb. :thumbs2

I really don't know why I missed this when it came out. Just finishing the second series now. Even though I know I will regret it when the alarm goes off at 6 am. 

54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't tune in if you don't like a laugh. 

Well that rules out 99.9% of the forum. We are miserable St Moan fans after all.

Me?

I laugh in the face of people who find MMc funny. He is your atypical BBC family friendly presenter.

Having Jerry Sadowitz doing light hearted early evening shows just wouldn’t cut it. 😂 

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Michael McIntyre is back tonight.

Just good old Saturday night TV for the whole family. 

Lots of different features held together by the exuberant McIntyre.

Don't tune in if you don't like a laugh. 

Simply brilliant.

McIntyre is sharp and makes this look easy.

Works the crowd without insulting people, class. 

On 1/9/2023 at 9:45 PM, beyond our ken said:

I watched the whole series on Friday with a finger on the "pause" button in case i missed any of Junior's blink and you'll miss it appearances.

A good story, but they obviously spent too much on the set (which was very convincing) and not enough on the CGI.  Compston gave his bog-standard performance minus facial expresions due to his recenly enhanced hamster-cheeks.  The wee Canadian bird was poor as well but a great performance from the guy who played the "we're doomed I tell ye" chef.  I have to admit, Iain Glen had me thinking he was less than half-heated until his character's epiphany which put the whole performance in context.  Mark Addy stole the show but he usually does.  Series 2 shooting from this summer in Leith again, I hear

Watched the first episode last night, agree on the set, more than convincing, although I've only been on a rig down in Dundee, and it wasn't in as good nick as this one. :lol:

Certainly decent enough to keep me interested to continue to watch when I get a chance. 

Oh, on the "Canadian bird", her "type" is becoming more and more prevalent on rigs, lots of knowledge from books, no real understanding of what's going on if a situation arises that she's not read about, and it's mostly guys.