Telly Programmes

shull

2 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Watching Only Connect at the moment, we watch Silent Witness one after the other on a Tuesday! Happy Valley was brilliant last night too!

Yes it was great last night. I think Claire's boyfriend is Tommy's real dad. 

Do you get any right on only connect? I like it and feel well pleased when I get one every 5 episodes!

2 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Yes it was great last night. I think Claire's boyfriend is Tommy's real dad. 

Do you get any right on only connect? I like it and feel well pleased when I get one every 5 episodes!

Not saying we get loads each programme but some weeks we do really well, MrsS is good a spotting the connections in the wall. Good show mind.

Watching "The Mayfair Hotel Megabuiild" about an astounding building project at Claridges in London.

The ins and outs of these hotels are fairly interesting but the engineering in the build has been out of this world.

Obviously costs a bomb but it's something special,  especially the penthouse suite, costing £100k a NIGHT. 

Ach, I was disappointed, seemed right up my street but just didn't click for me and, as I've said before, if I don't "buy into" the characters I'm almost certainly not going to watch. :thumbs2

Did you really buy into the characters in those 1970s films where the moustachioed guy comes to fix the hot housewife's washing machine/plumbing/whatever?

Just now, Slarti said:
16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Ach, I was disappointed, seemed right up my street but just didn't click for me and, as I've said before, if I don't "buy into" the characters I'm almost certainly not going to watch. :thumbs2

Did you really buy into the characters in those 1970s films where the moustachioed guy comes to fix the hot housewife's washing machine/plumbing/whatever?

Always. 

• 2 weeks later...
I'm hooked, strong characters, decent story and the goodies looking to take vengeance on the baddies. :thumbs2
Watched it at the time. IIRC there were a few episodes in later series that were a bit silly/ridiculous but, on the whole, it was good. I watched it all, so it couldn't have been that bad. Stick with it.

8 minutes ago, Slarti said:
8 hours ago, faraway saint said:
I'm hooked, strong characters, decent story and the goodies looking to take vengeance on the baddies. :thumbs2

Watched it at the time. IIRC there were a few episodes in later series that were a bit silly/ridiculous but, on the whole, it was good. I watched it all, so it couldn't have been that bad. Stick with it.

Yup.

Seems so long ago now but at the time, my wife and I both loved it. 

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'm hoping to talk Mrs Faraway to start the "1883" and "1923" series before Yellowstone as it looks decent.

This, Hell on Wheels, will do me in the meantime. 

As usual I struggle to find the time to watch these things to their conclusion.

Maybe that should have been my new years resolution? :lol: