Telly Programmes

shull

4 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Have watched ip to episode 7 of Bosch - Legacy really enjoying it thus far, Lincoln Lawyer next in line, actually reading the newest Connelly Mickey Haller book at the moment and that's really hood too.

I don’t know if you saw a programme on great railway journeys that was on TV recently SS where they got off the train in LA and went to visit The Angel’s Flight. Popularly used in books, on TV and in Films , particularly crime and including Bosch?

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

I don’t know if you saw a programme on great railway journeys that was on TV recently SS where they got off the train in LA and went to visit The Angel’s Flight. Popularly used in books, on TV and in Films , particularly crime and including Bosch?

Yes I did, spectacular, our refent trip to San Francisco was only part of the cancelled trip we had booked prior to covid. We werecoriginally doing 5 nights in San Francisco then 2 nights on the train from there to Chicago then train on to New York for 5 days flying home from New York all for Mrs S 50th. Sadly only felt like doing the first part given the situation. May look at it again in the future.

4 hours ago, Rascal said:

Great film on BBC2 at 10pm tonight. “Yesterday” . Features the Beatles Music.

I enjoyed it when it came out.  A light-hearted charade to enjoy Beatles music, with a cutesy romance.

might watch again sometime this week, when rain sets in.

I hope.  :)

21 minutes ago, antrin said:

I enjoyed it when it came out.  A light-hearted charade to enjoy Beatles music, with a cutesy romance.

might watch again sometime this week, when rain sets in.

I hope.  :)

Fluffy but fun 

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Just watched first episode of Pistol.

Great soundtrack and that's even without any of their songs getting an outing.

Good watch too.

Watched two episodes of the Lincoln Lawyer on the plane today,  really building up well. :thumbs2

That's me up to episode 5, or is it 6? 🤣

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Caught "Sully" last night, movie about the plane that landed in the Hudson river.

Tom Hanks, not sure he's made a bad movie, and a rea interesting look at what happend and the "blame culture" in the aftermath.

An easy 90 minutes. 

Yeah, good movie but I would suggest that Tom, who I personally think is a great actor, has had the very rare clunker as well, I give you Joe versus the volcano!

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Yeah, good movie but I would suggest that Tom, who I personally think is a great actor, has had the very rare clunker as well, I give you Joe versus the volcano!

Don’t think I’ve seen “Joe”. but got me thinking what my favourite TH movie is,  there’s the obvious ones like Green mile, Forrest Gump , Castaway etc but I really liked Bridge of Spies & Charlie Wilson’s war .

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Top Gear coming on, BBC1.

Still a decent hour, even if, like me, you're not into cars. 

Yeah. I think the current threesome make it a good show. It’s more entertainment than deep car knowledge. Clarkson, May and Hammond became really stale.

Watched The Roman Spring of Mrs Stone on Amazon. Cannot believe that Helen Mirren is the same age as I am and still able to show off her acting skills in the scud. Her usual polished performance but upstaged by Anne Bankroft as The Contessa. A remake and update on a 1960’s film starring Vivien Leigh

Edited by Rascal

10 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Yeah. I think the current threesome make it a good show. It’s more entertainment than deep car knowledge. Clarkson, May and Hammond became really stale.

Aye, the new crew have been brave enough to change the format, as you say, more entertaining without talking about horses and power all the time.

The item on trucks last night was quite interesting and amusing.