Telly Programmes

shull

29 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I'm a big Tolkien fan, and indeed did a dissertation involving the subsidiary characters from the books, but I digress, am not sure whether this series is based however loosely on The Silmarillion, which was quite a slow read, but it does look visually spectacular, MrsS isn't much of a fan so may struggle to get time to watch on the big telly. Would be interested on hearing how it goes though.

I took advantage of me being "off" today and blasted on with the 2nd episode.

Still good, slightly slow at times, but I can live with that as it's building up the role of the characters.

Also watched the first set of the star match at the US Open, Kyrgios v Medvedev.........................................Nick won the first set on a very long tie break.

I'm away to find out the score, that was late enough. :lol:

I'm a big Tolkien fan, and indeed did a dissertation involving the subsidiary characters from the books, but I digress, am not sure whether this series is based however loosely on The Silmarillion, which was quite a slow read, but it does look visually spectacular, MrsS isn't much of a fan so may struggle to get time to watch on the big telly. Would be interested on hearing how it goes though.
QUITE a slow read??? It literally took me over 10 years to finish reading that. Sometimes I could only manage half a page before I had to get away from it for a couple of months to let my brain recover.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started "Devil in Ohio",  interesting story, a teenager escapes from a cult and is taken home by a hospital psychiatrist.

It's got "big mistake" written all over it. 

Not great so far TBH, none of the characters are really grabbing me, only finished episode 1, I'll give it time. 

Edited by faraway saint

Just started "Devin in Ohio",  interesting story, a teenager escapes from a cult and is taken home by a hospital psychiatrist.
Not great so far TBH, none of the characters are really grabbing me, only finished episode 1, I'll give it time. 
Devin???

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:
9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Just started "Devin in Ohio",  interesting story, a teenager escapes from a cult and is taken home by a hospital psychiatrist.

Devin???

Thanks for that. :byebye

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just started "Devil in Ohio",  interesting story, a teenager escapes from a cult and is taken home by a hospital psychiatrist.

2nd episode got a wee but more interesting. 

Aye, I'll continue till the end, I fink.  😉

Tuned into "Colin & Justins Hotel Hell" last night as there wasn't much on I fancied.

Turned out to be reasonable, if fairly predictable.

I was surprised they seemed surprised with the severe weather in the winter, taking into account the location. :lol:

Colin and Justin's Hotel Hell follows the popular Scottish couple as they undertake their biggest challenge ever.

The new four part series sees interior designers, Colin McAllister and Justin Ryan, who have presented many successful TV shows including How Not To Decorate, The Million Pound Property Experiment and Colin and Justin's Home Heist, take on the riskiest venture of their lives when they move to a small coastal town in rural Canada to become first-time hoteliers.

Over the course of the series, the couple who moved to Canada in 2008 and split their time between there and the UK, are seen putting blood, sweat and tears into transforming the 22-bedroom hotel in Cape Breton which they purchased during lockdown, in a bid to turn it into a successful business. 

6 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Watched Strictly under sufference after MrsS has recorded it on Sat, was it really as bad as I thought or was it just because I was forced to watch it?

Due to the football I never tuned into the first episode but I'll be tuning in for almost all of the remaining Saturday nights.

I only watch for the celebrities performances, I can't name one of the "professional" dancers, that's my wifes department.

I do admire the improvements in some of the celebs, and the workrate they put in.

I'll give you my tips in a few weeks after I've given them my usual scrutiny. :lol:

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Due to the football I never tuned into the first episode but I'll be tuning in for almost all of the remaining Saturday nights.

I only watch for the celebrities performances, I can't name one of the "professional" dancers, that's my wifes department.

I do admire the improvements in some of the celebs, and the workrate they put in.

I'll give you my tips in a few weeks after I've given them my usual scrutiny. :lol:

15 celebs this year, trust me 5 too many to start with!!

Graham Norton show, said it before, he's a genius, no matter the guests he makes the show entertaining.

Tonight he had Stormzy (A seriously nice guy) Geena Davis (Very humble) the brilliant Stephen Graham (down to earth) and the slightly mad Motsi mabuse (Strictly Come Dancing Fame)

Highly entertaining, giving all the guests the chance to be the stars.

On Stephen Graham, his "The Walk In" is extremely high drama, slowly building up with every episode. 

He was once mistaken as "Craig" from big brother, which he found hilarious, by a fellow actor so the production cast all had "We Love Craig" T-shirts made. :lol: