Telly Programmes

shull

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Laugh it off bully boy but you know it is true.

It pains you being stood up to and called out.

98% of your posts on here are simply deriding others. 

You are a very sad individual. 

Called out. 

Well said, BuddieinEK!

It's about time someone called out Faraway for what he really is.  He had a cheek putting "Saint" as part of his username, a real Saint wouldn't behave the way he does towards others.

He really is a despicable man with a severe chip on his shoulder.  He belongs in the Sin Bin, along with a couple of others on here.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You are the king of irony and tedium.  :lol:

It's no wonder you spend most of your life alone:rolleyes:

Coming from the guy who can't go a day without logging onto this website, even logging on and posting his repetitive putdowns and poisonous claptrap when he claims to be on holiday or at a match!

Apologies to the trolls but back on topic..............................

Started watching "Welcome to Wrexham", the story of the Hollywood duo of McEihenney and Reynolds seemingly outrageous bid to take over the Welsh club that had dropped into the 5th tier of English football.

I do enjoy an insider football documentary. :thumbs2

I can imagine the initial scepticism but, so far, it's all going quite well and the time both these guys put in, not to mention the money, has to be applauded. :happyclapper

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

My apologies for being a troll and ruining this and every other thread, but back on topic..............................

Started watching "Welcome to Wrexham", the story of the Hollywood duo of McEihenney and Reynolds seemingly outrageous bid to take over the Welsh club that had dropped into the 5th tier of English football.

I do enjoy an insider football documentary. :thumbs2

I can imagine the initial scepticism but, so far, it's all going quite well and the time both these guys put in, not to mention the money, has to be applauded. :happyclapper

:rolleyes:

On 5/27/2023 at 2:42 AM, BigYardsAndBasher said:

:rolleyes:

And potentially, another well-known and possibly well-run club drops in to obscurity to accommodate the random ego trip vehicle that Wrexham is

Everyone gets excited about a journey that is really only about money.  That's entertainment!

They might get it to the premiership and then sell-off to a saudi or qatari group

17 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Forensics-The Real CSI, unbelievable fire episode, those of you involved in Health & Safety will be flabbergasted!

As a health & safety manager I was disgusted by the determination of the investigating officer to get a charge in against the poor guy who caused the fire.  I was glad the guy was not charged and surprised the crown let it lie rather than going after the factory manager.  A vindictive police officer spent a fortune in public money chasing what she thought was an easy charge against a minor player in the event

And that burn-test they did in the lab was particularly unscientific.  also there was no consideration that the fire might have been started by stray sparks from the lighter the guy used.

All down to a ridiculously high level of risk tolerance by the company and historically accepted poor practice.  God knows why they banned smoking in there when the key method of classifying a plastic was to set fire to the damn thing

I wasn't flabbergasted, I have seen many examples of craziness that eclipse what was shown in that programme.  

Edited by beyond our ken

17 hours ago, antrin said:

I’m not - and I was!  :o

Minor league stuff

How about,

• a crane operator forgetting to insert the pin that locks the boom before lifting-a man lost his leg from the knee down as a result of being trapped in the collapse but was back at work 2 months later!  He did himself out of a lifetime of wages as his compensation because he thought he would be greedy taking more than the standard £150k that the company insurance coughed up
  • a cage hoist designed to take 2 men up a wind turbine being used by 2 standing on top and 2 standing inside as they tied off the cabling 
  • around a dozen men getting inside a wind-turbine nacelle (the big box on the top with the sides open) so they can be lifted 90 metres to the top by the cranes
  • a man climbing a wind turbine (90m) with around 60kg of cabling tied to a harness around his waist because he couln't be arsed waiting for the chain hoist to be commissioned
  • a man who swam around the final water tank in a sewage works for a £5 bet, and who then accepted a tenner for swimming in the raw sewage settling tank
  • a man who went looking for a (odourless) nitrogen leak by trying to sniff it out in a wee kiosk in a petrochem plant, luckily when he clinically died for a few seconds from lack of oxygen he collapsed and his head landed just outside the box and the impact caused an exhale/inhale effect that gave him one more breath and brought him back.  He wasn't fecking right after it though.
  • apprentices who used to melt ladles of lead and then throw it at each other, one guy's boiler suit went up in flames as they had also filled his pocket with oxygen when he wasn't looking and we had to roll him on the workshop floor to extinguish his ovies.
  • a wee dog was carried off by a large bird of prey that had been brought in by a man who had the contract to keep seagulls away from the sand filters in a water treatment works

Maybe I should write my memoirs of a life in H&S, coz there is a whole lot more.

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

And potentially, another well-known and possibly well-run club drops in to obscurity to accommodate the random ego trip vehicle that Wrexham is

Everyone gets excited about a journey that is really only about money.  That's entertainment!

They might get it to the premiership and then sell-off to a saudi or qatari group

What makes you think that Wrexham aren't a well run club?

Why don't you ask the Wrexham supporters what they feel about what's happened to their club? 

As for your assumption, this is an ego trip, whataboutery, like the rest of your post. 

20 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

, unbelievable fire episode, those of you involved in Health & Safety will be flabbergasted!

No point watching it now as @beyond our ken has told us what took place and what should have happened. 😂 

More stories please BoK. Maybe we need a dedicated “mental work colleagues” thread. 

Many of the incidents I witnessed were as a result of guys being on the bevvy. 

I’m surprised the guy losing a leg was back at work after two months. Quite a recovery. 
Was the wee dug ever found?

2 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

No point watching it now as @beyond our ken has told us what took place and what should have happened. 😂 

More stories please BoK. Maybe we need a dedicated “mental work colleagues” thread. 

Many of the incidents I witnessed were as a result of guys being on the bevvy. 

I’m surprised the guy losing a leg was back at work after two months. Quite a recovery. 
Was the wee dug ever found?

yeh it fought too much and the bird maybe realised it had nowhere to take it

Watched Martin Compstons  highland fling episode one tonight. Why oh why they feel the need to ruin perfectly good program formats with woke nonsense is beyond me. First segment a trip to Dunoon ( where they meet a drag artist?) 2nd segment a trip up conic hill with a Muslim girl who states “ there weren’t many like me up the hills” what humans? 
I wish TV producer’s would get back to creating quality content without shoe horning in every one with a gripe in society. Needless to say I won’t be watching any further episodes. 

• 2 weeks later...

New season of 'Black Mirror' has just been released. If you haven't watched any of these, then well worth a watch. The latest series is extremely good and Episode 2 (set is Scotland) has a great 2 liner that will give you a good chuckle. You will know it when you hear it.

All Episodes if I remember correctly over the years are individual stories so could start at the latest season and work your way back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Was just flicking the channels and came across Tipping Point.

It was a question to see who went through which was along the lines of............

Which historic English city is an anagram of RODFOX.

Poor Joe shouted "London"............................his face when he realised he had fcuked up. :lol:

Toxteth o’Grady ! 

Was just flicking the channels and came across Tipping Point.
It was a question to see who went through which was along the lines of............
Which historic English city is an anagram of RODFOX.
Poor Joe shouted "London"............................his face when he realised he had fcuked up. [emoji38]

Stupid c**t, it's obviously Foxrod.