Sign in to follow this  
shull

Telly Programmes

18 hours ago, HSS said:

Was he not on another quiz show on TV recently?????

Yes.  Can't remember what it was called, but was hosted by yon tiny fat, Scottish Comediene.  I think he won that?.

Nobody watching TV anymore?

I'm watching a fillum that's even older than me - Tony Hancock's 1961 classic The Rebel. Comedy genius and three lovely leading ladies Margit Saad, Irene Handl & Liz "No Froth" Frazer!

Image result for liz fraser the rebelMmmmmmmh, perky!

Edited by Bud the Baker

For those of you who enjoyed LOST

You’ll love this

MANIFEST on NBC channel

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/manifest-trailer-nbc-series-lost-release-date-robert-zemeckis-a8358121.html

Not sure if it’s on Sky/Virgin

I stream it via chromecast

BRILLIANT

25 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, whydowebother said:
Netflix from tomorrow

Is this done with the approval and cooperation of the McCanns? (can't listen to audio so don't know if it tells you)

It would appear not according to this.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/13/netflix-to-stream-madeleine-mccann-series-after-delays-and-disputes

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

I never noticed...

.....Irish rock music including all the usual suspects

There was also a nostalgic look at the showband phenomena, which was effectively brought to a halt with the Miami Showband tragedy.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I wondered what the other shoe would be when it dropped...  :)

Last night I was at the (Ian Rankine/Rhona Munro) Rebus play  It was awfy good. 

Solid drama, funny, well acted.    Very Scottish.

I asked a fellow punter as we were leaving the theatre how much of it he understood.

He grinned, "About 70%, but I could follow the story, great acting!"

We were in Kingston Upon Thames.

I missed the telly, as usual.  :rolleyes:

For the last couple of nights I’ve watched “Harry’s Heroes “ about Harry Redknapp trying to whip a team of former international players into shape for a match V Germany . Really good watch , the nick some of these guys had let themselves get into after playing ! Also highlighted the demons faced by young guys suddenly finding themselves with lots of disposable income . Paul Merson cut a very tragic figure at times . Worth a catch up .

Just watched the final episode of Shetland 2019 Series 5.

Thought a baddie in it looked familiar.

Played by Derek Riddell

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=1600&bih=708&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=mXeSXO3wKK2CjLsPqpOKyAM&q=derek+riddell&oq=derekriddell&gs_l=img.1.0.0i10i24.4360.6796..8863...0.0..0.68.652.12......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0j0i67j0i5i30j0i24.kPp-naJcTPU#imgrc=r0HhGgtjOYB9uM:&spf=1553103057138

Here's the Baddie's Daddie.

Ian Riddell.  Powerful Buddie full back, took no prisoners, got into the team soon after the 59 cup win, IIRC.

Got U23 cap, moved on to Berwick Rangers and in a shock cup victory, happily beat another Rangers that was apparently a big deal, at that time.

Happy Days.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=1600&bih=708&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=mXeSXO3wKK2CjLsPqpOKyAM&q=ian+riddell+st+mirren+footballer&oq=ian+riddell+st+mirren+footballer&gs_l=img.3...7926.9840..10248...0.0..0.88.582.10......0....1..gws-wiz-img.A8554aug43Q#imgrc=y4kSslDfSL_AWM:&spf=1553102758425