Jump to content

shull

Telly Programmes

Recommended Posts

That was the second one, the first was shown a year or more back. He comes across as a guy who genuinely cares about the job he is doing in what must be very trying circumstances. Interesting to see Kalum Higginbotham pitch up and saying it's better money than he ever earned in Scotland which is bonkers when you see the standard/set up. And yes he seems to like a profanity.

Real Kashmir, David Robertson manages a team in extreme conditions.
An interesting/entertaining watch.
One thing, I think he may have Tourette's. :rolleyes:
Oh, it's on the BBC IPlayer, BBC Scotland. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

That was the second one, the first was shown a year or more back. He comes across as a guy who genuinely cares about the job he is doing in what must be very trying circumstances. Interesting to see Kalum Higginbotham pitch up and saying it's better money than he ever earned in Scotland which is bonkers when you see the standard/set up. And yes he seems to like a profanity.

I'll have a search for the first one.............................now you tell me. :lol:

Aye, interesting about Higginbottom right enough. 

Not sure I'd fancy it, didn't seem too safe to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

That was the second one, the first was shown a year or more back. He comes across as a guy who genuinely cares about the job he is doing in what must be very trying circumstances. Interesting to see Kalum Higginbotham pitch up and saying it's better money than he ever earned in Scotland which is bonkers when you see the standard/set up. And yes he seems to like a profanity.

The guy obviously cares but I'm quite surprised that this managerial style of constantly ranting and raving has not died a death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching a great Doc which I recorded on BBC4 Sunday night...

Music fine too, his story reminds me of Arthur Louis another great black musician (whose first elpee in 1974 included guest appearances from Mike Oldfield & Eric Clapton) who fell through the cracks in the 70s music industry and didn't release his second and final elpee of original music until 1998.

Quote

Review

by David Butcher
Ike White was a musical prodigy. Don’t worry if you haven’t heard of him: he slipped into obscurity as suddenly as he found fame. His 1976 album Changing Times sounds terrific, somewhere between Jimi Hendrix and Gil Scott-Heron, despite being recorded (with the help of producer Jerry Goldstein) while Ike was in prison serving a life sentence for murder: he was freed in 1978 at the age of 32, with help from Stevie Wonder.

At that point, Ike’s story and this jaw-dropping documentary takes the first of several sharp left turns, delivering a series of sad surprises in a sort of collage-profile. “He could have been a big star,” says Goldstein, and he may be right.

 

Summary

Documentary in which Daniel Vernon tries to track down Ike White, a musical prodigy who was serving life in prison for murder when he was given the opportunity to record an album. The resulting record Changin' Times came out in 1976 and following his release from prison, Whiteseemed to be on the path to redemption, but just as he was charting a course to stardom, he disappeared.

Cast & Crew

Director Dan Vernon
Executive Producer Alison Millar
Producer Vivienne Perry
Producer Rachel Hooper

 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Tonight, Saturday 22nd May, BBC2, 9:20pm "Citizens of Boomtown"......................Story of the Boomtown Rats.

Love a bit of early Boomtown. :thumbs2

They were a decent band who wrote a few decent tunes

Over shadowed what Geldof came to respresent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched a classic match between Liverpool & Arsenal.

League decider 1988-89 season.

I remember it fairly well, and haven't bothered Googling, but I think it was live on TV on a Friday night.

Arsenal had to win by 2 clear goals, and they did, scoring in 92 minutes to sink a weary Liverpool.

My allegiance was with Liverpool, mainly because they always had a good amount of Scottish players.

What a performance by Arsenal.

Oh, I've watched a few of these games recently, John Barnes never fails to disappoint.

Glimpses of class but many more of utter lazy looking dross. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve tried to watch German football since it restarted, but I must admit Its a struggle to watch it without the crowd atmosphere. 
 

As Jock Stein once said....”football without fans is nothing.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I’ve tried to watch German football since it restarted, but I must admit Its a struggle to watch it without the crowd atmosphere. 
 

As Jock Stein once said....”football without fans is nothing.”

 

I tried last week, lost interest at half time.

Stuck a bet on today, just watched the scores on BET 365 site.

Oh, didnae win. 👎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just watched a classic match between Liverpool & Arsenal.

League decider 1988-89 season.

I remember it fairly well, and haven't bothered Googling, but I think it was live on TV on a Friday night.

Arsenal had to win by 2 clear goals, and they did, scoring in 92 minutes to sink a weary Liverpool.

My allegiance was with Liverpool, mainly because they always had a good amount of Scottish players.

What a performance by Arsenal.

Oh, I've watched a few of these games recently, John Barnes never fails to disappoint.

Glimpses of class but many more of utter lazy looking dross. 

How bad were the pitches 30/40 years ago in England, and up here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 7:34 AM, faraway saint said:

Tonight, Saturday, starts a new version of classic family entertainment shows from yesteryear.

First up is Play Your Cards Right......................................:thumbs2

Ah, when Saturday night was a night the family all sat down and watched an entertaining/funny programme. 

Overall, not overly impressed TBH. 

Alan Carr's ok but it does show the genius of Brucie, and he was working with joe public.

I'd have went for Bradley Walsh. 

The game itself carried the test of time reasonably well, if it was on every week it might have grown on me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching another of the Match of the Day programmes, featuring the top 10 of various categories.

This one, Top 10 Ballon d'or Winners.

Jeezo, these players remind me why football is so enjoyable.

The list was, in no particular order,................

Cristiano Ronaldo

Kaka

Luis Figo

Marco Van Basten

Lionel Messi

Rivaldo

Roberto Baggio

Ronaldinho

Ronaldo

Zinedine Zidane

The programme shows clips from all these players, most come to mind straight away and just remind me what a joy these players were.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...