Telly Programmes

shull

Fire in Babylon: A documentary on one of the lesser Sky channels about how first Clive Lord & then Viv Richards transformed the flamboyant but erratic West Indies cricket team to a world beating unit in the 70s & 80s. Covering the bloody 75/76 tour of Australia (L1-5) the 76 Tour of England whose SA born captain Tony Greig said he'd make the Windies grovel (W3-0), Kerry Packer's Circus and the return tour of Australia 79/80 (W2-0) when this time the broken bones were not ours. Also discussed the rebel tour of SA of 82/83 and the repercussions it had on the players careers & wider lives.

The program also featured a splenderific Caribbean soundtrack featuring everyone from Bob Marley to a live performance by Lord Short Shirt...

Edited by Bud the Baker

Out for 99 at Irvine playing for Greenock a good few years later. Took out a car windscreen in the process.

Re-Run of the 1984 England vs West Indies Test @ Lords in 1984.
One Gordon Gereenidge, there's only one Gordon Greenidge, One Gordon Gereenidge, there's only one Gordon Greenidge :whistle

On 6/3/2020 at 6:43 PM, shull said:

I watched the last 2 episodes from Series 1 last night.

FECKING WOW !!!  :clapping

I will start on Series 2 shortly, when my Lasagne is ready .

At Series 3 Episode 5 of Line of Duty now.

Sensational viewing

Loving it.

We have been taking the wee man through some quality comedy - Frasier, IT Crowd and just last night finished Father Ted - I had forgotten how good the latter was. All went down well. Also working through Cheers and The Last Kingdom (just me and the wife there).

One thing about lockdown is it is giving a chance to get through the never-ending streaming 'List' 

1 hour ago, southsidebud said:

We have been taking the wee man through some quality comedy - Frasier, IT Crowd and just last night finished Father Ted - I had forgotten how good the latter was. All went down well. Also working through Cheers and The Last Kingdom (just me and the wife there).

One thing about lockdown is it is giving a chance to get through the never-ending streaming 'List' 

The recent good weather has curtailed my TV watching somewhat.

Still go the last 2 episodes of Gangs of London to watch, less than 2 weeks till my furlough is up, the weather better get back to being shite. 

I watch a 90 mins program called Sitting In Limbo about the Windrush scandal last night. 

It was excellent to watch and shame on all those who help to make it happen. 

This story was about 1 guy who spent 3 years fighting to stay in the country where he had lived for 50 years.

Available on BBC iPlayer.

2nd part is called The Secret Windrush Files on BBC 2  at 20-15 on 13th June. 

9 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Father Ted should be down as one of the classic comedies

My auld granny who  was a devout Catholic loved it

True to extent she said as  most Priests were the black sheep of their family

At one time the Church came calling if it was a decent sized family(Mostly was).

That a child went to be a Priest or a Nun

Most cases it was the one who was getting into trouble and the family were hoping they would change

The thief,drunk and halfwit summed it

They never touched(Pardon my pun) on the darker stuff

Just finished watching the last episode of Central Station.

Again, an interesting look into the history, day to day running's of the station.

Tonight's episode focused on 2 Scotland games, Russia and Belgium, taking place at Hampden.

The first game some clown pulled an emergency brake on the train leaving the station.

The caused massive issues, blocking the line for the few remaining trains trying to get to the game.

The staff do a decent job in difficult circumstances at times.

Definitely worth a watch.  

7 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I dread to think what people are going to perceive as comedy in 5 years time, If we can’t laugh at each other what’s the point 

5BCDF73C-AB00-4B35-B7F1-0E44620B4450.jpeg

Indeed, the "snowflakes" are slowly eating away at all the fun in the world.

It's been going on for years.

I went to see Jimmy Carr last year, very funny and maybe close to the line at times.

Aye, times are changing, not always for the better.