Telly Programmes

shull

Football Focus, the amount of "token" black co-presenters is becoming beyond a joke.
Currently Carlton Cole, his colour is irrelevant, he's hopeless.
Add in the new "in thing" of Micha Richards, who's also hopeless, unless you like a laughing clown, and it's gone mad.
Oh Alex Scott is excellent, easily worth her spot on the many programmes she appears on. 
Dion Dublin is also pretty decent. 

Just read this now, this very subject came up on our team call yesterday morning, to me it’s like a form of positive discrimination - TalkSPORT as well as Sky have gone mad with this over the last six months, IMO its clearly wrong as to why or whatever reason the opportunities were not there before and it’s great to correct it, but not with overkill and hire good quality.

The colour of skin doesn’t guarantee good punditry, again IMO Jenas (mentioned on an earlier thread is quality), Richards is dire, I like Ferdinand and I think Robbie Savage is pants.

All about personal taste I guess!!

3 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:
7 hours ago, HSS said:
Bullseye.......2 guys from Renfrewshire who both worked in Rolls Royce.First aired in 1990.

E75E2723-F70F-4202-A513-4578F32037AC.thumb.jpeg.c4e4c38708fe93608fbb427aa7c9782c.jpeg

The guy on the right's my next door neighbour.

Seriously? 😳 

They kept their prizes,shat it at a shot for the jackpot............which was a speedboat 🚤 

19 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
35 minutes ago, HSS said:
Seriously? emoji15.png 
They kept their prizes,shat it at a shot for the jackpot............which was a speedboat emoji570.png 

Aye, Bullseye was before we moved here, though - keep meaning to try and find the full episode.

They did get over £600 for a local charity which your neighbour kept informing us that “that’s the main reason we are here”

On Friday’s  R4 Newsquiz (and repeated Saturday 12.30) I heard “news” that I’d not picked up elsewhere - concerning Paisley...  I’m kinda guessing you were all keeping quiet about it -
for your own personal reasons?

The NEWSQUIZ ON FRIDAY.

PAISLEY was mentioned with... er... love...
round about 3.15 to 3.50ish

I dunno his source but it caught my ear...
Edited by antrin

3 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

Just read this now, this very subject came up on our team call yesterday morning, to me it’s like a form of positive discrimination - TalkSPORT as well as Sky have gone mad with this over the last six months, IMO its clearly wrong as to why or whatever reason the opportunities were not there before and it’s great to correct it, but not with overkill and hire good quality.

The colour of skin doesn’t guarantee good punditry, again IMO Jenas (mentioned on an earlier thread is quality), Richards is dire, I like Ferdinand and I think Robbie Savage is pants.

All about personal taste I guess!!

You’ll never know the quality of anything unless it gets a chance to be tested in the real world.

you got it right with “it’s great to correct it”.

There is a long standing under-representation of groups since... forever - these are but tiny steps in the road towards a reflection of reality.  Give them a chance.

On Friday’s  R4 Newsquiz (and repeated Saturday 12.30) I heard “news” that I’d not picked up elsewhere - concerning Paisley...  I’m kinda guessing you were all keeping quiet about it -

The NEWSQUIZ ON FRIDAY.   PAISLEY was mentioned with... er... love... The News Quiz - Series 104 - Episode 8 - BBC Sounds round about 3.15 to 3.50ish   I dunno his source but it caught my ear...
The only source that came up when I (very carefully!) Googled the story was in the Sun. Shull's absence might explain why it hasn't been on here...

[emoji846]

17 minutes ago, antrin said:

The NEWSQUIZ ON FRIDAY.

PAISLEY was mentioned with... er... love...
round about 3.15 to 3.50ish

I dunno his source but it caught my ear...

The council are on it.......IMG_20200409_150309.jpg?resize=750%2C350&ssl=1

They did get over £600 for a local charity which your neighbour kept informing us that “that’s the main reason we are here”
In his defence he is genuinely like that. He's a Rangers fan but his daughter has bought Buddies season tickets for her 3 kids and he's been known to take them to games - if asked, they're the only reason he's there!

[emoji846]

2 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:

The only source that came up when I (very carefully!) Googled the story was in the Sun. Shull's absence might explain why it hasn't been on here...

emoji846.png

Hah.  Brain fart by me.  Never even considered googling....  :unsure:

The Sun...  so it must be untrue, then.

my first thought WAS the Car Park in the Sky, though....

but February...?   😮

Hah.  Brain fart by me.  Never even considered googling....  :unsure:
The Sun...  so it must be untrue, then.

my first thought WAS the Car Park in the Sky, though....

but February...?   [emoji50]

Everyone's first thought was car park in the sky.

You have to admire the dedication all the same - mibbes the face masks kept them that wee bit cosier...

[emoji846]

Has anybody watched It's a Sin, C4?
Rave reviews, I've seen quite a few clips, looks top class.
Definitely a catch up.
Watched it on All 4 over a couple of nights.
Excellent and highlights yet another section of society who were (and still are) discriminated against.
The way that AIDS sufferers were dealt with was particularly eye opening.
Watched Britain's favourite 80's songs on Channel 5. Top thirty best sellers of 1980 in tonight's episode. Absolutely brilliant.

Paisley's own Kelly Marie with third best selling single of 1980, Feels like I'm in love. Saw her singing it live in the Cotton Club/Institute in the early 90's.

Just finished watching Back a sitcom on C4 starring Robert Webb & Dave Mitchell (Peep Show) - possibly the darkest sitcom I've ever seen although it did introduce the concept of "hedge vodka" to me.

Season 2 ended with the teaser for a possible Season 3 - hope it happens!

Oh, and most importantly, I found it funny.

Edited by Bud the Baker