Jump to content

shull

Telly Programmes

Recommended Posts

Watching Fred Dibnah on BBC 4 presently.

Was a great old dude.

I didnae fancy the heights he used to climb.

Scary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished watching the third and final part of Mark Kermode's Secrets of Cinema series on BBC4 which is prob'ly available on iPlayer or something. In the final episode I still couldn't keep my eyes open (sic) for that famous scene from Un Chien Andalou. I'd recommend.

 

Might watch David Baddiel's documentary on Holocaust Denial later tonight or I might go to bed...

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen an advert for the final of The Masked Singer.

I'm astounded this got a 2nd series, watched an episode of the 1st series, stunningly bad.

The concept, the panel and the flippin costumes.

Got to be one of the worst ideas we've stolen from the USA for quite some time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just seen an advert for the final of The Masked Singer.

I'm astounded this got a 2nd series, watched an episode of the 1st series, stunningly bad.

The concept, the panel and the flippin costumes.

Got to be one of the worst ideas we've stolen from the USA for quite some time. 

Jings! And that's after I thought that diving one couple of years ago was bad........😦

 

Mind you that Michael McIntyre game show spinning thing is crap too. The joys of coronashit, a comedian me and Mrs CS have been to see live a few times having to resort to that cos his job basically dried up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Jings! And that's after I thought that diving one couple of years ago was bad........😦

 

Mind you that Michael McIntyre game show spinning thing is crap too. The joys of coronashit, a comedian me and Mrs CS have been to see live a few times having to resort to that cos his job basically dried up.

I like The Wheel, mainly down to the fact McIntyre has the skill to keep it moving along, the sign of a quality comedian/presenter. 

Everyone to their own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I like The Wheel, mainly down to the fact McIntyre has the skill to keep it moving along, the sign of a quality comedian/presenter. 
Everyone to their own. 

I’d take the wheel any day over the masked singer, think it was last season teddy Sheringham was dressed up as a tree singing, how on earth would anyone guess it was him?

The wheel has a wee bit more purpose IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RichardBuddie said:


I’d take the wheel any day over the masked singer, think it was last season teddy Sheringham was dressed up as a tree singing, how on earth would anyone guess it was him?

The wheel has a wee bit more purpose IMO.

I'd take The Magic Roundabout over The Masked Singer. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday telly is generally rank and in truth likely has been for years, however the last couple of Fridays I’ve been watching this Jane McDonald global cruising thing which I’ve quite enjoyed, I think my wife has sussed that I also have a wee crush on said Jane. I’ll leave it there!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

Saturday telly is generally rank and in truth likely has been for years, however the last couple of Fridays I’ve been watching this Jane McDonald global cruising thing which I’ve quite enjoyed, I think my wife has sussed that I also have a wee crush on said Jane. I’ll leave it there!!

We've watched a lot of Jane, pretty entertaining, except when she decides to sing at the end..................................where's the TV box? :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We've watched a lot of Jane, pretty entertaining, except when she decides to sing at the end..................................where's the TV box? :wink:

Spot on, she comes across as a great people person too (scrubs up great), but her cover of KT Tunstall with the video wasn’t braw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting and possibly disturbing documentary called Baby God about a fertility specialist who fathered numerous children over a decades long career where he practised "sperm mixing" to improve the success rate of his clinic, apparently it wasn't uncommon back in the day Stateside. :o

 

A lot of it has come to light since people have started using DNA testing sites...

 

Charles Durning obituary | Film | The Guardian

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2021 at 8:03 PM, RichardBuddie said:

 teddy Sheringham was dressed up as a tree singing, how on earth would anyone guess it was him?.

About 10-15 years ago, he had a rather nice house built for himself ( Camp Nous ) right next to tree-packed Epping Forest.

He has grown to look more tree-like every day...

Edited by antrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football Focus, the amount of "token" black co-presenters is becoming beyond a joke.

Currently Carlton Cole, his colour is irrelevant, he's hopeless.

Add in the new "in thing" of Micha Richards, who's also hopeless, unless you like a laughing clown, and it's gone mad.

Oh Alex Scott is excellent, easily worth her spot on the many programmes she appears on. 

Dion Dublin is also pretty decent. 

Edited by faraway saint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Beeb does seem to employ an awful lot ex-sportsmen as pundits as I said in the rugger thread last week, in fact I recall one Winter Olympics (Seoul I think) when Auntie had more correspondents than GB had competitors! :rolleyes:

The question is are they worth it - concentrating on football I'd say no. when I attended my first Saints game Joe Cocker was top of the Hit Parade and I've seen enough football live & on't telly to know a defence splitting pass from an 'orrible sclaff. I'd agree there seems to be more tokenism these days but the new guys'n'gals aren't any worse or more giggly than Mark "Lawro" Lawrenson? 

Outside of cricket I'd say there never has been a golden age of sports journalism, the present gaggle of cricket commentators who think dropping in a players nickname every 30 minutes or so adds authenticity to their witterings are sadly mistaken.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...