Telly Programmes

shull

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Help on Channel 4
Available on the All 4 player now.

Wow. That was painful, compelling and brilliantly acted.

Very moving. Recommended.
Highly recommended.

Jodie Comer plays a shy new care home worker named Sarah and Stephen Graham 47-year-old Tony who has been diagnosed with Young Onset Alzheimer's...

As Sarah settles into her job, March 2020 arrives!

One of my best friends has YOA.

He no longer recognises his wife, kids or my wife and I. Only in his 50s. So so sad.

I’m not sure I can watch this programme without tears rolling down my cheeks.

One of my best friends has YOA.
He no longer recognises his wife, kids or my wife and I. Only in his 50s. So so sad.
I’m not sure I can watch this programme without tears rolling down my cheeks.
It's hellish Slash.
So sad.
I've supported a number of people only in their 50s over the years.
So cruel on the whole family.

Without giving any spoilers away, the way the young carer saw the person inside, his remaining abilities and the potential he had made the programme for me.

Watching "Greatest Hits of the 80's" on channel 5, usual cheap production.

They have featured George Michael, Boy George/Culture Club, Prince and Annie Lennox.........................

They also threw in Sade.............................................give me a brek.

A bit part player in the pop world, if incredibly good looking, hardly in the same company as the aforementioned. 

They actually mentioned her in the same breath as Adelle. :lol:

Typical channel 5 trash TV.....................which I'm watching. :blink:

Given that we're playing Hibs tomorrow, I watched Choose Life: Edinburgh's Battle Against AIDS this evening. Fascinating programme, though not exactly cheerful. It's on the BBC iplayer for another 6 days:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000c17f#:~:text=Documentary examining 1980s Edinburgh and,'Aids capital of Europe'.&text=This landmark documentary examines the,'Aids capital of Europe'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 1:22 AM, faraway saint said:

Watched "Question of Sport" earlier.

I had read some negative reviews.

IMO I thought it was more than decent, Paddy is good as the main man and the two captains are ok for me. 

Follows a similar format, not too much to dislike TBH. 

Watching Question of Sport again, still think it works.

People seem to right things off just because it's different from the previous people.

It's survived through the years, McCoist was a star, and it will do, IMO, for years to come. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Watching Question of Sport again, still think it works.

People seem to right things off just because it's different from the previous people.

It's survived through the years, McCoist was a star, and it will do, IMO, for years to come. 

PS wee McGinn is on tonight, definitely got a career after playing, a very bright guy with some humor, TV companies will be queueing up for him. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Blankety Blank makes a return tonight with Bradley Walsh at the helm,

Big shoes to fill but hopefully the format which has worked over the years will continue to be a success. 

BBC1, 9:00pm. 

One of the contestants, Jon, is as thick as mince, along with Johnny Vegas. :1eye

Edited by faraway saint

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just starting to watch "Fever Pitch - The Rise of the Premier league"

Most watched football league in the world. :thumbs2

Astounding how Sky changed things........................

Lots coming back, all the "ra ra girls" (no more) Monday night football, an astounding idea at the time.

Alan Shearer signing for Blackburn instead of Man Utd.............................

Lots of the stuck in the past punters, evident on here, must have been shuddering in their y fronts. 

PS Gary Pallister still looks great, not seen him for years...................Steve Bruce on the other hand, a boxers coupon. 

Edited by faraway saint

56 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Astounding how Sky changed things........................

Lots coming back, all the "ra ra girls" (no more) Monday night football, an astounding idea at the time.

Alan Shearer signing for Blackburn instead of Man Utd.............................

Lots of the stuck in the past punters, evident on here, must have been shuddering in their y fronts. 

PS Gary Pallister still looks great, not seen him for years...................Steve Bruce on the other hand, a boxers coupon. 

Yeah, Steve Bruce got proper old school centre half looks. Watched the 1996 one with Alan Hansen classic "you don't win anything with kids".

On 10/2/2021 at 11:41 PM, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Ahh nearly time for the overpaid EPL programme to finish and sportscene to come on. Wonder how big the smile will be on Thomo's face will be after this one will be👍.

I don't get this "overpaid" term as some sort of negative?

If anyone is on a good salary does it mean they don't deserve it?

The players, on the whole, are miles better than most countries and therefore deserve the rewards. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I don't get this "overpaid" term as some sort of negative?

If anyone is on a good salary does it mean they don't deserve it?

The players, on the whole, are miles better than most countries and therefore deserve the rewards. 

It’s all relative. One bedroom apartments in London are often more than a 4 bed room detached house in parts of Scotland.
The EPL has huge markets that they can earn eye watering sponsorships. It’s only right that the players share in the riches. 
The marketing of our game is poor in comparison, but let’s be honest the only league games the broadcasters and sponsors are really interested in are the 4 games involving the bigot brothers. 
The amount of money in the English game has allowed them to invest in better training facilities, scouting, sport science and academies. It’s no surprise that we are seeing better quality of English players moving up to international level. 

8 minutes ago, Slash said:

It’s all relative. One bedroom apartments in London are often more than a 4 bed room detached house in parts of Scotland.
The EPL has huge markets that they can earn eye watering sponsorships. It’s only right that the players share in the riches. 
The marketing of our game is poor in comparison, but let’s be honest the only league games the broadcasters and sponsors are really interested in are the 4 games involving the bigot brothers. 
The amount of money in the English game has allowed them to invest in better training facilities, scouting, sport science and academies. It’s no surprise that we are seeing better quality of English players moving up to international level. 

That's what I said. :P