John Mcginn Young Player Of The Month

He's only just turned 19, but I already think he's our best player. He's certainly the best teenager I've ever seen play for us.

Certainly in the past 25 years ,although it's a tough call for me considering Iain Munro , Bobby McKean , Ally McLeod , Gordon McQueen and Ian Ferguson etc

Edited by billyg

Certainly in the past 25 years ,although it's a tough call for me considering Iain Munro , Bobby McKean , Ally McLeod , Gordon McQueen and Ian Ferguson etc

Same here Billy.

Stevie Clarke,Paul Lambert,Ian Cameron and even David Winnie were regular players in their teens.

We need players in to give young McGinn and Thommo a hand

They are carrying the team

Excellent player, I believe he started as a left back and you can see the defensive positioning still there. His play in midfield is great and at times he comes out of challenges/situations like a surfer through a crashing wave and you just watch in awe.

For a young fellow who is predominantly a creative midfielder, his ability in the tackle and his ratio of winning them cleanly is astoundingly good.

His strength on the ball and tenacity will take him a very long way. I appreciate every time I watch him. An absolute diamond. We'd better be well compensated when he does move on, as I genuinely believe the move he makes after his next club will be a multi-million pound one. As do I believe that he'll be a Scotland mainstay his entire career.

Edited by djchapsticks

The view of a Hibs fan on P&B:

John McGinn made Scott Robertson look like a lost wee boy all afternoon and bullied him on several occasions

We've got a genuine gem in McGinn, and it isn't going un-noticed. Fingers crossed we can hang onto him a bit longer.

Edited by Drew