Ryan Stevenson

linwood buddie

There's no doubting that Stevenson would be a fantastic signing for us, however unlikely it may seem. He certainly wouldn't be the first player to wear the stripes with somewhat of an over inflated ego, and to be honest I don't care as long as he performed on the pitch.

He's rumoured to have taken a 50% wage cut at Hearts and currently earning around £1500 a week. So if he's looking for 3k from us then it won't happen.

What I like most about Stevenson as he,s an Ayr United fan and proud of the fact , he spent his childhood following Ayr home and away , and appreciates the costs and efforts fans make to follow their team , which is the kind of player I like to see play for the Saints

Yup, also refused to cross the divide to Killie when he was at Ayr as well.

Still lives in Ayr as far as I know so losing his licence may also add fuel to the fire, still cant see it though but would be a tremendous signing if we could pull it off.

Yup, also refused to cross the divide to Killie when he was at Ayr as well.

Still lives in Ayr as far as I know so losing his licence may also add fuel to the fire, still cant see it though but would be a tremendous signing if we could pull it off.

Doubt the ban is an issue, he gets a lift from Jamie hamill.

He's on £1700 a week, but I honestly don't see how Ryan is going to have a lot of clubs to choose from. He currently gets a lift from hamill as Dave J said and given his missus refuses to live away from Aryshire, which forced him to leave Ipswich when she went home with his lad, he needs either a club he can get public transport to or another ready made chauffeur at any new club. The lad will need to be realistic.

He is a fud though, walking round Caprice in Prestwick with 2 bottles of Grey Goose the other week summed him up.

Great player though and would be welcome in the Stripes.

He's on £1700 a week, but I honestly don't see how Ryan is going to have a lot of clubs to choose from. He currently gets a lift from hamill as Dave J said and given his missus refuses to live away from Aryshire, which forced him to leave Ipswich when she went home with his lad, he needs either a club he can get public transport to or another ready made chauffeur at any new club. The lad will need to be realistic.

He is a fud though, walking round Caprice in Prestwick with 2 bottles of Grey Goose the other week summed him up.

Great player though and would be welcome in the Stripes.

I'm sure some of the supporters would offer him a lift if it meant he'd sign the contract!

True we are interested, very unlikely to happen though. Got a mate who plays pro in Scotland who's one of Stevo's mates and he spoke to him today about it. The money, or the distinct lack of it, in our offer, is nowhere near what he feels he is worth! Quote "They would need to sell half their team to afford me lol"

I feel we should move on from this one!

I think the bit in bold is the crux of the matter for me. Stevenson would probably be a decent signing for us but not earth shattering. If we've now got Thompson, Bahoken, Campbell, Wylde, Teale & McGowan vying for maybe 4 attacking places in the team, why do we need another decent but not exceptional attacking type player? Especially one who has a recent record of injury problems and the suggestion of an overinflated view of his own value (I've heard he's not the brightest from other sources who know him).

Here's another question. Stevenson is one of Hearts' better, experienced players. Why are they apparently looking to offload him and bring in Skacel? It may be cost cutting (as they're doing in other areas of the club) but, at a time when they're expressing a desire to bring in experienced players to help the youngsters, why offload an influential, experienced pro to bring a guy who, although a club legend, has played a handful of games over the year or so? Seems strange to me.

I think the bit in bold is the crux of the matter for me. Stevenson would probably be a decent signing for us but not earth shattering. If we've now got Thompson, Bahoken, Campbell, Wylde, Teale & McGowan vying for maybe 4 attacking places in the team, why do we need another decent but not exceptional attacking type player? Especially one who has a recent record of injury problems and the suggestion of an overinflated view of his own value (I've heard he's not the brightest from other sources who know him).

Here's another question. Stevenson is one of Hearts' better, experienced players. Why are they apparently looking to offload him and bring in Skacel? It may be cost cutting (as they're doing in other areas of the club) but, at a time when they're expressing a desire to bring in experienced players to help the youngsters, why offload an influential, experienced pro to bring a guy who, although a club legend, has played a handful of games over the year or so? Seems strange to me.

I believe Stevenson is on a very good wage and one of the highest paid players. He is also 29, at the peak of his career playing regular football and although he has had a recent injury he has been mostly injury free during his career. A valuable commodity. I believe Hearts have now accepted the maths that they are going down so what do they need a Ryan Stevenson for when they can punt him and save a fortune on wages and replace him with Skacel? Skacel has played 5 games in the last year, is coming up for 35 and will probably be a lot cheaper than Stevenson. Skacel will probably be more interested in coaching as his career is finishing whereas Stevenson still has a lot to play for. And with Brown now gone Skacel can take on extra coaching duties. I think Skacel would also be a better role model for the youngsters than Stevenson and has a lot more experience of the game.

Makes great sense to me to punt Stevenson and bring in Skacel.

I believe Stevenson is on a very good wage and one of the highest paid players. He is also 29, at the peak of his career playing regular football and although he has had a recent injury he has been mostly injury free during his career. A valuable commodity. I believe Hearts have now accepted the maths that they are going down so what do they need a Ryan Stevenson for when they can punt him and save a fortune on wages and replace him with Skacel? Skacel has played 5 games in the last year, is coming up for 35 and will probably be a lot cheaper than Stevenson. Skacel will probably be more interested in coaching as his career is finishing whereas Stevenson still has a lot to play for. And with Brown now gone Skacel can take on extra coaching duties. I think Skacel would also be a better role model for the youngsters than Stevenson and has a lot more experience of the game.

Makes great sense to me to punt Stevenson and bring in Skacel.

Aye , could be a good signing as long as , he doesn't expect the Club to pay for his tattoo removal. .

I am aware that footballers are very often neither intelligent nor sensible, but this one has a bad reputation and in the week that another Saints player has disgraced the club I sincerely hope we dont sign Stevenson. I also have my doubts about Wylde, ability-wise, bearing in mind who signed him.

I am aware that footballers are very often neither intelligent nor sensible, but this one has a bad reputation and in the week that another Saints player has disgraced the club I sincerely hope we dont sign Stevenson. I also have my doubts about Wylde, ability-wise, bearing in mind who signed him.

Haven't a froggie idea what your talking about.