Hearts Signings

Oldfellow

I'm puzzled as to why the powers that be are even considering Heart's request to have the transfer embargo lifted.

This is a club that blatantly spent money they didn't have , to get glory . If they had not signed Craig Beattie a couple of seasons ago we and not they would have progressed to the cup semi .

They still have enough players to carry on .

Where we would they get the money to sign/ pay new players - yet again by spending money they dont have .

What would happen if by some miracle , signing new players put them on a run that got them off bottom place . The relegated club , possibly us , would have been screwed .

Thet play ICT in the league cup semi . How would ICT feel about playing a strengthened side ?

In short they must be shown no leniency.

I presume you read the title before clicking on it? You then read the thread which is fair enough. There is nothing wrong with leaving a thread without commenting on it you know. There are no rules that say you must reply to every thread and every post, Faraway Saint.

Oldfellow has a decent point.

And there's nothing wrong with leaving a thread without making more than one post on it, you know? :)

Looks like the SPFL rules allow for a one in/one out ruling and Hearts are seeking clarification if they can go-ahead with this. Probably why they're keen for Stevenson to come to us and why they've agreed a deal with an English club for one of their youngsters (King) !

Hearts reported to be in talks with Skacel & Driver as they hope to bring 5 players in ( on 1 in 1 out rule) reported on stv website.

Apparently what they want to do is bring in 5 players to replace players who were made redundant in the summer. That should not be allowed as at that time they cut their playing staff to what they figured they could afford, those players should not be replaced now.

Beggars belief, as faraway says it's too late for the league campaign however presumably they want to register players on February 1st to beef up the team for the LCSF against ICT.

Edit -

"There is a huge sympathy for Hearts' players, supporters and, indeed, the administrators for the position they find themselves in," Doncaster added.

Does this man understand anything about Scottish football supporters?

Edited by Bud the Baker

Beggars belief, as faraway says it's too late for the league campaign however presumably they want to register players on February 1st to beef up the team for the LCSF against ICT.

It seems they are indeed looking to bolster the squad to improve their chances of progressing in the League Cup. This is regarded as a significant revenue stream that will enhance the club's accounts when building for the future.

They must have based this line of thinking on our LC win and subsequent business in the summer transfer market....*coughs*

It seems they are indeed looking to bolster the squad to improve their chances of progressing in the League Cup. This is regarded as a significant revenue stream that will enhance the club's accounts when building for the future.

They must have based this line of thinking on our LC win and subsequent business in the summer transfer market....*coughs*

Seems like it's all been scuppered - correct decision.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25729968

14 January 2014 Last updated at 12:56 - only 3 minutes after Drew's post! lol.gif

Hearts' hopes of replacing five players who have left the club in recent months have been scuppered.

The SPFL's secretary Iain Blair has told the club's administrator Bryan Jackson that because those players were made redundant, they do not qualify for the SPFL's 'one in, one out' rule.

John Sutton, Marius Zaliukas, Andrew Driver, Mark Keegan and Marcus McMillan were the five Hearts hoped to replace.

Their only hope of bringing in new players would be if further players go.

Hearts have been in discussions with Swansea about a possible transfer of Adam King, something Hearts could look to accelerate given today's news.

Damn, I thought that I came up with the word scuppered myself but I obviously registered it subconsciously - very Freudian! wacko.png

Edited by Bud the Baker

I thought Hearts had accepted the consequences of their Administration in quite a dignified manner up until now. They've had years of punching above their weight, paying ludicrous wages, having 60-70 players on their books, cup successes, qualifying for Europe and they lapped it all up. It all had to come to an end and it has, with their on-going Administration and limitations on player registration. However, the football side of the club have only managed to last 5 months before starting to squeal about young players being damaged and the need to bring in experienced pros.

I might have some sympathy but then I remember them stealing Craig Beattie from us bye1.gif

I thought Hearts had accepted the consequences of their Administration in quite a dignified manner up until now. They've had years of punching above their weight, paying ludicrous wages, having 60-70 players on their books, cup successes, qualifying for Europe and they lapped it all up. It all had to come to an end and it has, with their on-going Administration and limitations on player registration. However, the football side of the club have only managed to last 5 months before starting to squeal about young players being damaged and the need to bring in experienced pros.

I might have some sympathy but then I remember them stealing Craig Beattie from us bye1.gif

Fuck''m