So Farewell Then............bobby Collins

Scabby Dug

He was a really terrific player and talking about physicality (Oh, f**k!) only 5ft.3ins. If you're good enough, you're big enough. In some ways he reminded of Tommy Bryceland. Tommy had a pretty good football career but if he had behaved a bit better and applied himself like Bobby Collins he could well have picked up a good few caps for Scotland.

a wee indicator of how times have changed since BC was a kid, the tail end of the BBC report mentions he came from Govanhill. i pass by Govanhill every day on the way home from work. Take it from me, there is no sign of any exceptional football talent coming from that neighbourhood anytime soon, the streets are packed with cars, there are little or no indoor or outdoor sports faclities and the population seems to be a mix of recent immigrants that mainstream scottish society doesnt seem to be reaching out to, students and pensioners.

Scotland, especially the west and especially glasgow, seems to have been left behind as the breeding ground of the game's great players. We havent moved with the times at all. PS, I hope i'm proved wrong about talent in Govanhill's young.