Australian Open Tennis 2014

faraway saint

Tennis season kicks off (Is that the right term) and Andy Murray is off to a flyer.

Currently 2 sets up and a break in the 3rd against some wee Japanese guy.

Would be a big ask to reach the final or win it after recent back surgery, take a while to get real match fitness but fingers crossed.

C'mon Andy. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

PS It's on Eurosport for those who have it.

Edited by faraway saint

Absolutely brainless to make players compete in over 40 degrees.

Good start though.

I was pretty rubbish at tennis and was usually knackered after three sets at Brodie Park on a scorching summer's day in Paisley. (About 60c. in old money) What must it be like at 40 in new money? i see play wasn't suspended because the humidity was deemed to be OK for play.

I was pretty rubbish at tennis and was usually knackered after three sets at Brodie Park on a scorching summer's day in Paisley. (About 60c. in old money) What must it be like at 40 in new money? i see play wasn't suspended because the humidity was deemed to be OK for play.

I think, and it's only a guess, these guys are a wee bit fitter than you were Rick.

Probably TV schedules would be a major factor in deciding if games went ahead or not.

Great thread!

No.. I mean it... Great thread.

'Mon the Murray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here was me thinking that 60 c in "old money" was exactly the same as 60 c in "new money"

There is no telling how much the back problem was holding back his serve in recent years, but he seemed to be hitting many more aces in his warm u last week, so maybe it is significant.

if he can maintain a higher standard of serve than in the last few years then he may well go all the way, but he is about 2 weeks behind the rest in terms of match practice so he needs a few skoossh games to begin with-right into the second week, in fact.

Great thread!

No.. I mean it... Great thread.

'Mon the Murray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here was me thinking that 60 c in "old money" was exactly the same as 60 c in "new money"

Ah, you spotted my deliberate mistake. As Captain Mainwaring was wont to say, i wondered who'd spot it first. It's an age thing. I still convert to real money. My first physics teacher at Camphill was a guy called Davy Orr. Nice guy and a BB officer to boot. (If you liked kicking BB officers) He used to have about twenty boys dancing round the science lab chanting:- From Centigrade to Fahrenheit, this is what you do, you multiply by five ninths and add thirty two. We never forgot it.

Ah, you spotted my deliberate mistake. As Captain Mainwaring was wont to say, i wondered who'd spot it first. It's an age thing. I still convert to real money. My first physics teacher at Camphill was a guy called Davy Orr. Nice guy and a BB officer to boot. (If you liked kicking BB officers) He used to have about twenty boys dancing round the science lab chanting:-  From Centigrade to Fahrenheit, this is what you do, you multiply by five ninths and add thirty two.  We never forgot it.

Think you might have, Rick, it's nine fifths rather than five ninths to go from C to F.

:)

Reporting Scotland announced this morning that Murray had just cruised through to the second round, winning 2-0 in only 50 minutes. Third set was being played at the time.

Typical BBC shoddy reporting.

People who know nothing about not very much sticking words on an autocue for airheads to read it to the waiting public. thumbdown.gif

A "BBC Shoddy Reporting Thread" is due very soon. thumbup2.gif

Ah, you spotted my deliberate mistake. As Captain Mainwaring was wont to say, i wondered who'd spot it first. It's an age thing. I still convert to real money. My first physics teacher at Camphill was a guy called Davy Orr. Nice guy and a BB officer to boot. (If you liked kicking BB officers) He used to have about twenty boys dancing round the science lab chanting:- From Centigrade to Fahrenheit, this is what you do, you multiply by five ninths and add thirty two. We never forgot it.

How do you know? Was it you he was looking at by any chance? You Camphill Boys - what are you like?

Some more than others put the CAMP in Camphill though!whistling.giflol.gif

Ah, you spotted my deliberate mistake. As Captain Mainwaring was wont to say, i wondered who'd spot it first. It's an age thing. I still convert to real money. My first physics teacher at Camphill was a guy called Davy Orr. Nice guy and a BB officer to boot. (If you liked kicking BB officers) He used to have about twenty boys dancing round the science lab chanting:-  From Centigrade to Fahrenheit, this is what you do, you multiply by five ninths and add thirty two.  We never forgot it.

Wonder if my dad might know him, dunno exactly when that would have been, but my dad was a chemistry teacher at Camphill in the 70's.

As always will be backing Andy to the hilt but naturally his back injury and lack of match practice puts him at a disadvtage.

Normally in January, I subscribe to Eurosport Player so can watch the matches. You can get it for the month for like £5 if you enjoy your tennis.

Enjoy and come on Andy........

I always get the impression from posts on here you and Bluto went to the same school. When was it exactly that you extracted yourself from his arse?

And you can interpret that any way you like...

You know, I could possibly get mildly irked by shite like this if it hadn't come from an insignificant tosser such as you. I've always felt pity for you because you really do need help. That's clear from many of your posts and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so. Be a good lad and piss away off out the road. Remember to take your dummy to bed tonight. It's the nearest you'll ever get to the real thing. Arses are probably more your thing.

You know, I could possibly get mildly irked by shite like this if it hadn't come from an insignificant tosser such as you. I've always felt pity for you because you really do need help. That's clear from many of your posts and I know I'm not the only one who thinks so. Be a good lad and piss away off out the road. Remember to take your dummy to bed tonight. It's the nearest you'll ever get to the real thing. Arses are probably more your thing.

Don't get involved Rick.

He gets his jollies by playing the forum twat then try's (Too hard) to be anybody's friend. 1eye.gif

Only the first bit is working. wink.png

Wonder if my dad might know him, dunno exactly when that would have been, but my dad was a chemistry teacher at Camphill in the 70's.

I don't know when Davy retired. I still bumped into him years after I had left school because we were both BB officers. He lived in Elderslie in one of the houses on the right hand side of Main Road just before the football pitch beside the church.

As always will be backing Andy to the hilt but naturally his back injury and lack of match practice puts him at a disadvtage.

Normally in January, I subscribe to Eurosport Player so can watch the matches. You can get it for the month for like £5 if you enjoy your tennis.

Enjoy and come on Andy........

Brilliant value Hollz, just seen they have suspended play due to the heat, hope it doesn't delay Murrays match today, I'm all set for a 9:30am party. thumbup2.gif

Update, seems it's closer to 10:00pm for Murrays match.

Edited by faraway saint