Lee Mair Signs For Partick Thistle

div

I like Lee Mair. Seems like a nice guy and always seemed to give 100% on the pitch.

But for the last year at least every time he's come on, I have found myself thinking 'Oh FFS, please no, anything but that!'

It is definitely time for Lee to move on and regain his confidence elsewhere. Best of luck for the future Lee!

I like Lee Mair. Seems like a nice guy and always seemed to give 100% on the pitch.

But for the last year at least every time he's come on, I have found myself thinking 'Oh FFS, please no, anything but that!'

It is definitely time for Lee to move on and regain his confidence elsewhere. Best of luck for the future Lee!

Yes we get it, you like Lee Mairicon12.gif

A guy who earned a very tidy sum of money from our great club is getting lauded on here and in other social media outlets as some great servant to St Mirren who was very harshly treated. Not convinced. I can't recall too many games in his time at the club where I have came away thinking 'Lee Mair played a blinder today'. It seems like the longer he has been away from the starting 11 the better he has got in some people's eyes.

Maybe a nice guy but that didn't make him a great defender. Maybe a few of his Herbalife and Meta fit buddies posting with tinted specks on. He will be punting his Herbalife gear in Partick by the end of the weekend.

Danny didn't rate him highly enough, wanted one of higher paid players who wasn't always fit off the wage bill. Life goes on. It's just a shame it's taken 6 months for the management team to move him on. We will cope without Lee Mair. Danny and Tommy will have someone lined up to replace him.:-)

It's best for all parties that he moved on.

This.

Some short memories on here. Mair coming into the team earlier in the season was one of a number of changes that reversed our terrible start. He was in great form, keeping McAusland out the team and only lost his place due to injury. Never got back in the team except once and can consider that injury to be very unfortunate as I doubt he would have lost his place otherwise.

A guy who earned a very tidy sum of money from our great club is getting lauded on here and in other social media outlets as some great servant to St Mirren who was very harshly treated. Not convinced. I can't recall too many games in his time at the club where I have came away thinking 'Lee Mair played a blinder today'. It seems like the longer he has been away from the starting 11 the better he has got in some people's eyes.

Maybe a nice guy but that didn't make him a great defender. Maybe a few of his Herbalife and Meta fit buddies posting with tinted specks on. He will be punting his Herbalife gear in Partick by the end of the weekend.

Danny didn't rate him highly enough, wanted one of higher paid players who wasn't always fit off the wage bill. Life goes on. It's just a shame it's taken 6 months for the management team to move him on. We will cope without Lee Mair. Danny and Tommy will have someone lined up to replace him.:-)

Totally agree.

Thats called "The Miranda Syndrome" rolleyes.gif

Some short memories on here. Mair coming into the team earlier in the season was one of a number of changes that reversed our terrible start. He was in great form, keeping McAusland out the team and only lost his place due to injury. Never got back in the team except once and can consider that injury to be very unfortunate as I doubt he would have lost his place otherwise.

Au contraire.

Some very long memories remember his St.Mirren career as being one of short bursts of solid defending, but mostly being a bomb scare who couldn't tackle a fish supper.

His best spell, IMO, was the relatively short period before he earned the contract which had a clause in it that led to him being retained on the strength of the number of games he played last season. That short spell, in the long term, proved to be rather unfortunate for us, both in monetary terms and in terms of our central defence.

A nice guy, but not a player that I will be losing any sleep over his moving to pastures new.

Edited by FTOF

A nice guy, but not a player that I will be losing any sleep over his moving to pastures new.

I'd largely agree with that, but with a caveat.

The caveat being that we MUST now bring in another central defender in this window.

The caveat being that we MUST now bring in another central defender in this window.

There's the thing. You would think wouldn't you.

What a f**kin signing. Strolled through the game. Had Boyd in his back pocket so much Boyd resorted to clutching his head feigning injury repeatedly. Big man just smiled away.

Him and Barlow marshalled the team fir 90 minutes.

Old heads, the second youngest team in the league has been crying out for.

What a f**kin signing. Strolled through the game. Had Boyd in his back pocket so much Boyd resorted to clutching his head feigning injury repeatedly. Big man just smiled away.

I wouldn't get used to that type of display. Don't get me wrong, he did play like that for us occasionally, but his horror shows far outweighed the good performances. Hopefully he'll revert back to type next week.

The BBC stats show Hibs 2 shots us none. Makes you wonder how we scored without shooting

cause the first was an og in off the keeper after it came off he post. Someone posted the official stats showing 2 shots on target being enough to give us 3 goals :D:D:D

Also wrong thread :wacko:

Edited by Hambud

Yes, Lee Mair is a good player.

As others have stated, he will have his horrors - but so do all defenders. He's not my favoured type of big no nonsense centre half though and his attempts at playing football at the back which cause problems IMO. Plus he's no good in the air.

Paul Gallagher however is a terrible keeper.